Sign in to follow this  
Canaries Utd

Reasons to renew my season ticket... please

there are many of you that post on this forum, with varied views and different opinions, i am asking each and every one of you to give a reason why i should renew my season ticket when i have lost all faith in management and board.  £425 is alot of money, especially in current financial affairs, to spend on an occasion that more often than not leaves me feeling hollow and depressed come quarter to five on a Saturday afternoon.

My loyalty and love for the club is enternal, but the board and management are  responsible for the success of it, and at this present time are failinig the club and fans alike miserably.

All posts will be read and appreciated, and you may assist other season tickets holders making a tough up and coming decision.

I will renew my ticket. I know its poor at the moment and we need a complete change in the club from how it is run to new personal. But I won''t cut my nose of to spite my face, I enjoy going and seeing friends, the atmosphere etc. Besides, knowing my luck, it will all change from top to bottom and we would rise up the table and I would have no seat.

I don''t think you are alone in your thoughts.  It''s a real toughy, and to be honest I am struggling myself in finding enough plus''s to renew 2 tickets that''s almost £900 for watching dross, (or maybe less money for ST''s if we get relegated).

I guess a plus would be meeting friends and aquaintances before and at the ground, but then the friends we meet we know and see outside football too.

I think it''s down to whether you think you are getting value for money or not, watching NC in it''s current state (on pitch). 

It''s a very personal decision. But good luck nonetheless [:)]

i really enjoy the social aspect also, and there is no feeling like it when we are in for a shout in wining a game/scoring a goal.  The meeing in the pub prior to a match is normally spent watching a game on Sky, but the anticpation of the kick of at three o''clock is rapidly becoming a dreaded fear, normally because of Mr Roeders team and formation selection, i agree that i will probably muster up the cash from somewhere to purchase the ticket, but i really am in need of some serious motivation!!! 

I will renew as I always do, regardless. My love of the club see''s past the crap, and Delia and Roeder and the poor performances are just a phase in the clubs history, it''s not forever.

Ironically the loyal take-up up of season tickets every year regardless of performances, seems to have done more harm than good, the guaranteed 20,000 plus every week has led to official complacency at Carrow road. Now look where we are !

I don''t have a season ticket, but ones I can think of are

-What else will you do on saturdays??

-How will you feel knowing city are at home and your not there??

But considering all them many will be thinking the same as you

[quote user="Gorleston Jim"]

Ironically the loyal take-up up of season tickets every year regardless of performances, seems to have done more harm than good, the guaranteed 20,000 plus every week has led to official complacency at Carrow road. Now look where we are !

[/quote]

What is even worse is that the 24000+ average attendance doesn''t even manage to cover the paybill.  I''ve for some time been wondering about our much lauded policy of having quite such a big family area and so many season ticket holders.  There is a happy medium to these things and I think we have swung far too far into the realm of gaining attendances at the price of reducing our revenue making potential.  We generate very little spare cash even though we are at near-capacity each week, which does rather beg the question of how we are going to be in a position make any more money available without undertaking more (of the much disliked) off-pitch activities.

I can remember when the price of a ticket was the same price as a ticket for the cinema, about the same length of entertainment but the cinema seat was warmer, more comfortable and a had a girly selling popcorn, it''s hard to imagine how we ever got to the stage of paying 5 times as much to watch a cr@p game of football, isn''t it ? Take it a step further and imagine paying £25 - £30 to sit in a seat in the street, Outside the Odeon, to watch a cr@p film through a dirty window, when the film finishes you get insulted by the Odeon manager and have to sit in a traffic jam  for 40 mins to begin your journey home. While sitting in the car, trying to warm your numb hands you try to read the prograame for the coming films for the next 12 months, only to realise that every film booked looks totally cr@p, plus you have the prospect of the Odeon manager insulting you on every return.Would you go back for more?

[quote user="John Boubepo"]I can remember when the price of a ticket was the same price as a ticket for the cinema, about the same length of entertainment but the cinema seat was warmer, more comfortable and a had a girly selling popcorn, it''s hard to imagine how we ever got to the stage of paying 5 times as much to watch a cr@p game of football, isn''t it ?

Take it a step further and imagine paying £25 - £30 to sit in a seat in the street, Outside the Odeon, to watch a cr@p film through a dirty window, when the film finishes you get insulted by the Odeon manager and have to sit in a traffic jam  for 40 mins to begin your journey home. While sitting in the car, trying to warm your numb hands you try to read the prograame for the coming films for the next 12 months, only to realise that every film booked looks totally cr@p, plus you have the prospect of the Odeon manager insulting you on every return.

Would you go back for more?
[/quote]

now you put it like that I am starting to waiver! I have what I regard as just about the best seat in the ground, smack bang in the middle of the lower Barclay, aisle seat, near an eixt and keep telling myself that next season will be better, and will make it all worthwhile. But at 49 years old, is there a chance that we will be back playing good football in my lifetime?

I have to say that I hope alot of fans do not renew. Its the only real way the fans can have a direct impact on the current board and it could force the issue if enough people failed to renew. Despite the current high attendances it is no longer difficult to obtain casual tickets for games. So not renewing is by no means giving up going to games. But low crowds for the 1st couple of games of next season could well bring forth the changes that we desperately need if we are to improve as a club on the pitch. Casual prices of course would mean paying more over thr course of a season but think about it this way - miss about 3 games (which you may do anyway due to other commitments) and you will spend about the same amount. So please don''t renew. Lets make a stand and show them that we really are unhappy and that things must change.

[quote user="Canaries Utd"]

there are many of you that post on this forum, with varied views and different opinions, i am asking each and every one of you to give a reason why i should renew my season ticket when i have lost all faith in management and board.  £425 is alot of money, especially in current financial affairs, to spend on an occasion that more often than not leaves me feeling hollow and depressed come quarter to five on a Saturday afternoon.

My loyalty and love for the club is enternal, but the board and management are  responsible for the success of it, and at this present time are failinig the club and fans alike miserably.

All posts will be read and appreciated, and you may assist other season tickets holders making a tough up and coming decision.

[/quote]

I support my football club (s), Colchester and Lincoln (you will see I am a glory hunter).  I don''t necessarily support either the board, directors, managers over the years although sometimes I do.  But often I don''t or have thought them very poor over the years.

But the clubs to which I am hopelessly attached will, I hope, still be going long after various boards, directors and managers have come and gone and players, too.

Work now prevents me from getting to any games but, yes, I will buy a season ticket next season for both of them to show my support for my CLUB (S), not necessarily individuals currently connected with them although I''m pretty happy this season.

This year is the 125th anniversary of Lincoln City - and we are STILL in League Two[+o(] - and I''ve ordered the Anniversary shirt and had my name added to it...............

Over the years people have come along and ****** up both of them but they are still my clubs and those people have now departed.

Every supporter must decide for themselves, I would think, but personally I don''t have a prob with it whoever is "in charge".

I am very proud of the fact that I was one of many Imps fans who plundered their own bank account to stop the club going out of existence - not into administration.  If we had not done so there wouldn''t be a 125th anniversary to celebrate.

Club first for me - the rest supernumaries for good or bad, as the season turns out.

Canaries Utd wrote

£425 is alot of money,So you don''t think the prices will rise for next season?I would suggest that your ticket(s) for next season will be (a lot) more expensive........club in debt.....no money for transfers......current financial climate (in business)....etc etc etc.That''s the consideration many City supporters will think about before renewing.....and it''s not just about the ''crack'' on the day with mates, it''s about being entertained, seeing goals, and NCFC winning at ''Fortress Carrow Road'' regularly......and if you think that''s going to happen under the management of Glenn ROEDER think Gillingham, Watford, West Ham or Newcastle supporter. The guy simply does not have the pedigree to take us anywhere other than down.Still, if relegation is the outcome this season, perhaps the tickets will become cheaper......but I would doubt even that with the current board! Think Yeovil, Stockport, Bradford, Carlisle, Swindon, Cheltenham......to name but a few.So will YOU renew?

reasons to renew:

Because you have never seen Yeovil play,

Because we have the satisfaction of beating Leeds.

A possible "local Derby" against the Posh.

we get to play in the auto windscreens shield and FA cup 1st round....

jas :)

I''ll always go but I can understand disgruntled fans who may find that scraping around for the £350 minimum to renew when we''re crap and have a blatantly crap manager in charge to much to bear!

I just hold onto the thought no ones bigger than the club and I go to support Norwich City FC and not at the moment Glen Roedernowhere and now the past their sell by date board!

"BECAUSE YOU SUPPORT NORWICH, IF YOU DONT THEN LEAVE"

well you hit the nail on the head ,why should i support a club giving £400+ of my hard earned money for them to waste it on poor managers,transfers,loanes and what do we supporters get in return nothing.

and how much will it go up next season.?

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

I''ll always go but I can understand disgruntled fans who may find that scraping around for the £350 minimum to renew when we''re crap and have a blatantly crap manager in charge to much to bear!

I just hold onto the thought no ones bigger than the club and I go to support Norwich City FC and not at the moment Glen Roedernowhere and now the past their sell by date board!

[/quote]no one is bigger than the club but if you keep buying the season ticket and filling the stadium why should the club be worried.they have your money thats why there but a closing date on the season ticket so it pressures you in buying it.

Ihave felt the same way about renewing. The problem is, like others iIlove the whole day starting with soccer am and Helen Chamberlin followed by a pint at the game with a pie a possibly coffee etc and £3 to park. Call me tight, a scrouge etc but I have cut out the pint ,found somewhere else to park free and take some grub with me, for two people it works out to quite a yearly saving ( circa £320) which is nearly one season ticket. So I shall still be watching maybe the dross next year but hopefully a better team by then.

Every season ticket holder that I know is feeling the same way.  Its the same comments I hear..." Its depressing, worthless, too much to spend to watch conference football (which I personally think is the most stupid one i''ve heard so far)  Yes, when we lose I do go home in a mood and don''t talk to the missus for the rest of the night, but its Saturday!  Saturday is the day for Football, and I could never see myself not being at a Norwich home game.  11 Years i''ve had a season ticket now, and could not give it up.  Whatever position we are in, I will be there.  And I am hoping and respect others that feel the same way as I do.  Its my club, and I will renew.  Bring on 2009

[quote user="Clipped Canary"]The possibility of missing beating the Binmen![/quote]On the grounds there was still tickets left on matchday this season I can''t see that being one of his problems.I would be amazed if we filled the 20,000 limit for season tickets next year with the same board and manager in place.

Its not a simple decision or is it?

The truth is we all have different opinions on many aspects of football and the club. Some love Delia and others just love to hate her. Not many love Glen Roeder it would appear but if the results were positive then would those very same people still be posting to say that they hate Roeder and want him gone. But true supporters have all got one thing in common they support their club and live the same dream of all supporters of all clubs, the day your club wins the league or a cup competition and when all is said and done we will never be a Man Utd.

Cost well that is a serious consideration for most and some say that we are ripped off or the club will hike up the price during our financial crisis or even that Delia and Co are cooking the books. Many Championship Clubs have higher ticket prices then Norwich and what proof do we have with regard to Delia and the board none.

So reasons to renew 1) the club needs all of its true fans to renew 2) its a life long thing supporting your club and as long as you are fit and able you attend 3) the banter with fellow fans 4) the banter with opposing fans 5) the feeling when you win 6) being there when you beat Ipswich 7) the dream.