Sign in to follow this  
Delia, When Do I Start??

Last Night at the Youth FA CUP!

I am really getting a feeling that when these kids develop even more and eventually hit the 1st team we will be in the premiership!

But one player stood out from the rest for me, it was the #7, I believe his name is Johnbull Omoregie!

I really think that this kid has the potential to be the next wonderkid that comes from the champoinship and can easily fit into a top premiership team!

I really hope they make the grade, but after many false dawns I am remaining cautious.  I can remember a few years ago we knocked out a very good Villa side in the Youth Cup, and gave Man Utd a tough game up north (the same season?).  There were some good individual players (a defender called Damien Batt sticks in the mind) but they never quite got through.  Hopefully it will be different this time - even one classy player, be it Johnbull, Rudd, etc, might make all the difference.

[quote user="Roeders Revival --- Its over"]

I am really getting a feeling that when these kids develop even more and eventually hit the 1st team we will be in the premiership!

But one player stood out from the rest for me, it was the #7, I believe his name is Johnbull Omoregie!

I really think that this kid has the potential to be the next wonderkid that comes from the champoinship and can easily fit into a top premiership team!

[/quote]

You need to stay off the happy pills

[quote user="ncfc90"][quote user="Roeders Revival --- Its over"]

[/quote]

You need to stay off the happy pills

[/quote]

Or you need to get on them. [:D]

nothing like a good over reaction [:D]

like everybody else i''d love at least one of the youth team to really make the breakthrough, hopefully this season but people have to remember youth and reserve team football is a completely different level to that of the Championship and many stars at youth level fall by the wayside.

I was on the thefa website today and found this

http://www.thefa.com/TheFACup/TheFAYouthCup/NewsAndFeatures/Postings/2006/02/FAYouthCup_Leeds93.htm

the 1993 youth cup final between Leeds and ManUtd, Leeds had a young lad called Jamie Forrester who was the star of their side and was on par with the likes of Becks, Scholes, Butt and Neville at that level but whilst all of them won numerous prem titles, a european cup and were regulars for England he was playing for the likes of Scunthorpe, Grimsby and Northampton in the bottom 2 divisions, he''s not exactly fallen by the wayside like many do ie. non league or out of the game but it shows that the best U18 players in the country don''t always go onto play at the highest level

[quote user="ncfc_chris"]

nothing like a good over reaction [:D]

like everybody else i''d love at least one of the youth team to really make the breakthrough, hopefully this season but people have to remember youth and reserve team football is a completely different level to that of the Championship and many stars at youth level fall by the wayside.

I was on the thefa website today and found this

http://www.thefa.com/TheFACup/TheFAYouthCup/NewsAndFeatures/Postings/2006/02/FAYouthCup_Leeds93.htm

the 1993 youth cup final between Leeds and ManUtd, Leeds had a young lad called Jamie Forrester who was the star of their side and was on par with the likes of Becks, Scholes, Butt and Neville at that level but whilst all of them won numerous prem titles, a european cup and were regulars for England he was playing for the likes of Scunthorpe, Grimsby and Northampton in the bottom 2 divisions, he''s not exactly fallen by the wayside like many do ie. non league or out of the game but it shows that the best U18 players in the country don''t always go onto play at the highest level

[/quote]

Leeds actually beat us in the Semi-Final!  I think they won the first leg at Carrow Road 4-1 and were very impresive.  Pretty sure Cureton and Akinbiyi played up front for us that night - that was another good youth team we had.

Yes, Forrester look a good''un although he had a decent career in the lower leagues as you say.

Did we watch the same game last night?

I thought we played better than the previous round, but still looked very very average against another poor team. I honestly think at best 2/3 will ever make the grade professionally, and don''t think Johnbull will be one of those. Thought he was very poor, had a heavy first touch, never took his man on, and I can''t remember him putting a good ball in once. I guess you must be a mate of his, cos that review is rather generous! Looked better down the right when young Tyree Clark came on - although his goal was a little bit flukey!

Im always a positive poster but reading this is absolute garbage!I want our youth team to develop and be great but.....

Johnbull Omeregie was absolute crap and couldnt pass wind! It was no coincidence that he missed the pen and prior to that was moved from RM to LB! He looked awkward with ball, giving it away everytime, missed a 2nd half sitter and never beat his marker once.

As for us being a premiership team when these boys break through....gimme a break! I saw glimpes from Adeyemi, Smith, Dumic and Dawkins but all have a long way to go! Stoke were really poor and we couldnt finish them off. Most if being honest will end up in the Ridgeons League. The only one who looks like a potential star is Rudd, who was almost redundant all nite but dealt with everything fantastically.

Im guessing your either one of the players mates or one of them tools that calls canary call telling Neil we should be playing OUR youngsters and not other teams!

On the evidence of last night i can see why GR is getting loanees in as if we were to chuck ours in we would def be heading for league 1 sooner than we already are!

[quote user="blinded by the story"]Sadly under the current ethos they will never get a chance at Norwich[/quote]Yawn.

[quote user="We Want Worthy Back"]Did we watch the same game last night? I thought we played better than the previous round, but still looked very very average against another poor team. I honestly think at best 2/3 will ever make the grade professionally, and don''t think Johnbull will be one of those. Thought he was very poor, had a heavy first touch, never took his man on, and I can''t remember him putting a good ball in once. I guess you must be a mate of his, cos that review is rather generous! Looked better down the right when young Tyree Clark came on - although his goal was a little bit flukey![/quote]

Lets start tearinng  the kids apart then guys. Hey Ho, people like you ake me sick.

[quote user="We Want Worthy Back"]Did we watch the same game last night? I thought we played better than the previous round, but still looked very very average against another poor team. I honestly think at best 2/3 will ever make the grade professionally, and don''t think Johnbull will be one of those. Thought he was very poor, had a heavy first touch, never took his man on, and I can''t remember him putting a good ball in once. I guess you must be a mate of his, cos that review is rather generous! Looked better down the right when young Tyree Clark came on - although his goal was a little bit flukey![/quote]

I agree with this report Johnbull was probably the least impressive of the boys and with out trying to damage the kid looked like he had Aladins shoe for football boots.

Apart from Smith who I thought was excellent during the first half the 2 centre halves were again the main stay of the team composed on the ball and controlled aggression when defending with a very competent Rudd behind them (although somebody needs to teach him to catch the ball and not always punch it)

In fairness I have only seen the youth team twice this season (Wigan and now Stoke) and yes we did fail to "finish off " sides we dominated - on both occassions- but looking at the seasons results we don''t seem to have done badly this year at all. So good luck to all the lads and he''s hoping for another home tie next round.

Oh, C''mon man Johnbull, was one of the starting eleven who i actually thought got off to a great start, everyone else was much slower, he brought pace to team, when he switched to LB he was crap... thats because he''s a midfielder. Johnbull is gonna be a great player when older.

I was one of boys on front row, he stood out, i think this team is the future of ncfc, perhaps only few of em will progress, i hope its Ruddy, Johnbull, Smith and Dawkin. sensational for their age.

Both Dumic and Dave Stephens looked pretty solid at the back. Dario was unlucky not to score with a nice free kick also.

I''m not having a go at the players! I was getting annoyed with some people getting on the players backs, and I would not do that, but we have to be realistic as well. How many players actually come through? Countless examples of great youth players who actually don''t make it. ala Greg Crane, Adam Gusterson etc. At best only a few will have a future. Rudd, Dumic, Smith etc possibly lookin most likely to make it atm?

i agree^^^^^   I only say jonhbull as i thought he stood out, he was okay looking back at it, gave the ball away a lot though:/JBO is fan favourite at our High school!

[quote user="meatballncfc"]

saw him a few times and he''s been solid.

[/quote]

For one minute read that as ''he''s been sold'' - no change there then I thought.  Joking aside, I can remember the City Youth side that won the FA Youth Cup back in the 80''s (83?).  Certainly not many of these went on to make the grade at first team level and that was in the days when there was a clear opportunity for progression from youth team through the reserves to the first team.

Regardless of who goes on to have a full career in football or not, it''s great to have a team wearing the yellow and green we can be proud of. Good on them, and I wish them all the best in the future.

[quote user="Johnbulls Barmy Army 115"]dumic looked okay, he was solid at back as usual and i also think he will be future player of ncfc.Is it just me or does that read like it was written by we8wba?[:(][/quote]

[quote user="We Want Worthy Back"]Both Dumic and Dave Stephens looked pretty solid at the back. Dario was unlucky not to score with a nice free kick also.

I''m not having a go at the players! I was getting annoyed with some people getting on the players backs, and I would not do that, but we have to be realistic as well. How many players actually come through? Countless examples of great youth players who actually don''t make it. ala Greg Crane, Adam Gusterson etc. At best only a few will have a future. Rudd, Dumic, Smith etc possibly lookin most likely to make it atm?[/quote]its why i asked as apparantly he is the "cream" of the crop in defence. hopefully he will develop and come through.

we8wba

nice made up name

missing in action?
he does exist

haha, i would bet anymoney without knowing that it was made up name

[quote user="Lord Horn"]

I can remember the City Youth side that won the FA Youth Cup back in the 80''s (83?).  Certainly not many of these went on to make the grade at first team level and that was in the days when there was a clear opportunity for progression from youth team through the reserves to the first team.

[/quote]

Was a bit better than that.  Jerry Goss was the major success (eventually) but Louie Donowa and Tony Spearing were decent first team regulars.