Top ScorersTeamCC1CCFAUEFACLOtherTotal
Matt FryattLeicester City180400022
Jermaine BeckfordLeeds United124300019
Rickie LambertBristol Rovers180000018
Craig Mackail-SmithPeterborough United150200017
Gary HooperScunthorpe United120400016
Simon CoxSwindon Town131000014
Lee Hughes

any one here take anyones fancy from league one?

surely we could sign any one of these strikers + there all better then what we currently have except probally lups.

i would love to get beckford and lambert, but having done some research simon cox of swindon is a cracking player destined for bigger things, lee hughes worth a punt? would cost next to nothing. would rather sign from league one then scots premier tbh.

[quote user="The Voice of the Thorpe Area"]

Fryatt has never cut the mustard at Championship level, and has just signed a new contract at Leicester.

I guarentee that Beckford and Mackail-Smith would cost at least £1m. For me, Lambert is the best bet on that list.

[/quote]True enough, Lambert has had a fantastic season this year and has scored some great goals.However, I watch Rovers a fair bit and you really don''t want the Lambert from last season, or the one who turns up to some games this season.  He can be a real donkey and just not apply himself to a game if things aren''t going well.Great at Div 1, but I fear the step up may be too much. If we can get him for under around £350k, then he''s worth a punt, but any more is too much of a risk for a skint club.  If he can make the step up, then he really will be the answer to our prayers.  He''s big and can hold the ball up and shows flashes of great skills to score some fine individual goals.  He doesn''t exactly get great service at Rovers and this season has still knocked them in regularly.I can''t decide

[quote user="lincoln canary"]

Top ScorersTeamCC1CCFAUEFACLOtherTotal
Matt FryattLeicester City180400022
Jermaine BeckfordLeeds United124300019
Rickie LambertBristol Rovers180000018
Craig Mackail-SmithPeterborough United150200017
Gary HooperScunthorpe United120400016
Simon CoxSwindon Town131000014
Lee Hughes

any one here take anyones fancy from league one?

surely we could sign any one of these strikers + there all better then what we currently have except probally lups.

i would love to get beckford and lambert, but having done some research simon cox of swindon is a cracking player destined for bigger things, lee hughes worth a punt? would cost next to nothing. would rather sign from league one then scots premier tbh.

[/quote]

only one problem, the club are not prepared to spend any money (again)

Having seen them all at close hand this season the only one that would make a big difference to us is Beckford.

We won''t be able to afford him anytime soon but he is a match winner, has got great skill and scores brilliant goals.

I don''t think the others, especially Hooper or Lambert, would make it in the Championship.

I''ve been surprised by how big the gap in qualtiy between the Champ and League One is actually and that''s a hard job when you think how poor teams like us, Doncaster and Charlton are!

Are you gonna do anymore podcast''s freezer?And by the way, i think the song in your sig go''s "youssef''s better than juninho, here we gooooo...."

What would be the point of Fryatt joining us?

Leicester will probably be higher than us next season and possibly in a higher League!

Beckford would probably have teams closer to challenging for the Premiership than us (we aren''t challenging at all in reality!) interested!

The other ones we''d have a chance unless they''ve got wind of what Roeders like!

[quote user="lincoln canary"]

i would love to get beckford and lambert, but having done some research simon cox of swindon is a cracking player destined for bigger things, lee hughes worth a punt?

[/quote]

Personally, I wouldn''t like to see Lee Hughes any where near this club.  I know there will be some people who will say that he should be given a second chance, but he drove dangerously which caused a fatal accident that also paralysed a second victim. He refused to stop and help, he drove off, and even though his face was on all the news broadcasts, he didn''t hand himself in immediately. 

The first act may have been an accident and unintended, and I could forgive someone for that, but the subsequent actions were deliberate, conscious decisions.

On a lighter note, I would accept any of the others in the list...

Only real chance we would have at getting any of them would be Simon Cox. Would love to see Mackiaa-Smith playing in the yellows and green but there has been lots of speculation about him and would cost us about £2m + i would expect.

Come on you yellows !!!

agree with scot-e-dog

Lambert or cox are the only affordable players on there... and with our purse strings ''affordable'' probably doesnt apply to anyone other than a free.

They may just be able to do a job but are only lower level championship standard.  And yes i have been to both Rovers and swindon and seen them play.

Pointless post!

We have no money, might aswell say which player would you want to see in a yellow shirt, Ronaldo, Kaka or Messi

[quote user="CDMullins"]

Pointless post!

We have no money, might aswell say which player would you want to see in a yellow shirt, Ronaldo, Kaka or Messi

[/quote]

Messi.

Oh, were we not playing that game?

[quote user="NorwichsNewFinest"][quote user="CDMullins"]

Pointless post!

[/quote]

Messi.

Oh, were we not playing that game?

[/quote]

I''ll take all 3

[quote user="Captain Dejan "]Are you gonna do anymore podcast''s freezer?And by the way, i think the song in your sig go''s "youssef''s better than juninho, here we gooooo...."[/quote]I thought it was:"Here we are and here we are and here we goHis name''s Youssef Safri and he''s better than Ronaldinho.... oh....Moroccan all over the world."So long ago now.  (Sigh).

[quote user="Captain Dejan (Is Injured!)"]Are you gonna do anymore podcast''s freezer?And by the way, i think the song in your sig go''s youssef''s better than juninho, here we gooooo..../quote]

No sorry Dejan, I''ve ventured into the big wide world of sports reporting for a newspaper now I''m afraid.

I''d listen to a Norwich podcast if someone else had a go though??!!

From what Ive seen (admittedly on TV), Jermaine Beckford looks Championship quality.

That Peterborough lad also looks a good finisher.

[quote user="Largey"]

From what Ive seen (admittedly on TV), Jermaine Beckford looks Championship quality.

That Peterborough lad also looks a good finisher.

[/quote]

my mate who leeds sth thinks he is overated, says he only plays during transfer windows or on the tele when he knows clubs are watching

seen the lad few times and he drift more to the left wing and tries to do to much in taking on whole side, very greedy player, i like that in times with striker but he seems to have to much of it

[quote user="dhickl"][quote user="lincoln canary"]

i would love to get beckford and lambert, but having done some research simon cox of swindon is a cracking player destined for bigger things, lee hughes worth a punt?

[/quote]

Personally, I wouldn''t like to see Lee Hughes any where near this club.  I know there will be some people who will say that he should be given a second chance, but he drove dangerously which caused a fatal accident that also paralysed a second victim. He refused to stop and help, he drove off, and even though his face was on all the news broadcasts, he didn''t hand himself in immediately. 

The first act may have been an accident and unintended, and I could forgive someone for that, but the subsequent actions were deliberate, conscious decisions.

On a lighter note, I would accept any of the others in the list...

[/quote]

Yes what he did was bad, but he has served his time, and lets be honest if he signed for us and scored 20 goals a season, i doubt anybody would care about his past.

In fairness, all 6 of those players (not Lee Hughes) whould have turned out to be great buys as they are all at least Championship standard.