Sign in to follow this  
Nobodys Perfect

Ambition

For God''s sake Directors, give us a break. All we''ve heard about since Chase left, is food, cooking, more cooking, restaurants debts, best small club in Europe, must be careful etc etc. I for one am cheesed (sorry, more food) off with it. As a fan of more than 40 years I am seriously considering giving it a break next year, one reason being boredom and apathy. Don''t bleat on to me about being a poor supporter either, unless you''ve also done 45 years with hardly anything to show for it. For Pity''s sake, push the boat out. If we go belly up, so what. Have Ipswich gone? No. Has Leicester gone? No. Is any club, apart from Man U run as a successful moneymaking business? No. Chelsea you may say, well, the Russian may be paying the bills, but making a profit? I think not. Football clubs run at a loss most of the time, we''re no different. Risk the club for one or two players? Yes. More dull seasons in this division without them? Yes. A library- like atmosphere and unfair criticism of the Board if they go? Probably. A never ending debt and yearly losses because we''re stuck in Div 1? Inevitable. Fans like me drifting away? Definitely. And don''t you dare say I''m not a true supporter, I bought 4 scrap seats from the South Stand at a tenner each.I bought shares (£600 worth) when called upon and I''m buying a brick. If fans like me are demanding a bit of bravado from the Directors, then they should take notice.This is our club and will survive no matter what. Bravo Win Or Die!!

so aptly put unimiller

you are so right - but don''t expect the board to even be remotely interested in you

you and me (and everyone else) are only fans

and we count for nothing, except to be patronised and told this club has been returned to the fans

yeah right

so do something constructive then board, sign hucks and crouch - we have been telling you long enough, but you don''t listen to us do you!!!

a brilliant post uni - made me laugh initially, but i am sure if they fuck this one up (not buying the loan players) by the end of the season it will make me cry

i have been a supporter for many years, and love this club, but as you say, there are limits

we are now standing where we were after Milan when Mike Walker asked for funds

we could have gone on to be really something - but Chase blew it, you know the rest

this must not happen again, we have a golden chance, to return to the premiership

and all the talk will then be football

wow, unimiller that is very powerful stuff, I''ve read a lot of posts on here but never seen the current position put so strongly and convincingly. You should write that down and send it to the board, I''m not kidding mate, I think you''ve summed up a lot of fans feelings. Do it! Never mind the danger!

Well Said Uni....Sometimes in life you get one oppertuinty to change things and this is the one chance for this club! Miss it and you have blown it forever!
Like you and Gazza I have supported this club through the good times & bad. Every game is an away game for me - so the oppertunity to get back into the Premiership is of paramount importance....So much so that if we get there my house will go on the market and i will move back to Norwich.
I hope this board shows the same kind of comitment as you, me, & Gazza!
Keep smilin.
RC

shall i send you some estate agent blurb now then rc?

let''s all hope they get their collective fingers out and show some decisiveness!!

If Hucks were to go to Wigan, it would be like giving them all the points we had so far won

come on board, if you are really looking after the fans'' interests, start listening NOW

for peter raven, administrator:

does the board read these posts as they are put up on here, or do they just assume we are all united in thinking what they would like us to think

do you or anyone colleague print these posts and put them on any desks

would really like to know

thanks

Gazza,

Unfortunately we are unable to monitor who visits the Archant sites so we''ll never know if anyone at NCFC looks at our messageboards. If they do then hopefully they''ll speak up now (but I doubt it).

As for printing these messages, a select few are printed in the PinkUn newspaper every Saturday.

Regards,

Peter Raven, PinkUn.com

Unimiller, where will the money come from to fund the ambition??

We all want to see the best players come to Norwich but lets be realistic.

Ipswich & Leceister both went through the humilliation of going into administration, escaping only by the fact that they did not own the grounds & facilities. Norwich however, own the ground and land in a prime area, as soon as we go into administration the ground would be included as part of our overall asset. Going out of business would suddenly become a very real prospect, if we managed to come out of administration don''t forget we would have a minimum of 10 points deducted due to the new FA rules.

By all means push the boat out but are you confident Hucks & Crouch will get us promotion & while you may follow the team as it spirals into the lower divisions, others may not.

well put mate.sums it all up mate.. like you been going 40 odd years ....I am posting this on my forum for members to see, if that is ok.if not pop on there and let me know and I''ll take it down.

http://carrowroad.net/invision/index.php

Just wanted to add my name to the Uni salute. Like kennyfoggo and others I too have been supporting the yellas for well over forty years and can identify with everything said. What a message board this is turning out to be. I read the bit that Smudge said the other day about the new stand and how small it is and his fears of another City Stand debacle. It all really relates to this ''small minded'' attitude the club has had for years now.
On a positive note, however, I really think we could be surprised at the outcome of all this. I''ve just got this feeling that the board and club is beginning to turn the corner. I can see Hucks being signed (qualified rumours) and Crouch on extended loan to end of season.
If we did that and didn''t go up, I think most of us would say ''well at least we gave it a damn good try''
The bonus would be that an impetus would be in motion and I''m sure supporters would return next season in their numbers.
Anyhow......All Hail the one known as Uni !!!!