Sign in to follow this  
cuckoo in the nest

Roeder says he is scouring the leagues for defenders

Scour has the following meanings

1 to remove dirt, grease, etc., from or to cleanse or polish by hard rubbing, as with a rough or abrasive material: to scour pots and pans.

2.to remove (dirt, grease, etc.) from something by hard rubbing: to scour grease from pots and pans.

3.to clear or dig out (a channel, drain, etc.) as by the force of water, by removing debris, etc.

4.to purge thoroughly, as an animal.

5.to clear or rid of what is undesirable: to scour the nation of spies.

6.to remove by or as if by cleansing; get rid of.

7.to clean or rid of debris, impurities, etc., by or as if by washing, as cotton or wool.

8.Metallurgy. (of the contents of a blast furnace) to rub against and corrode (the refractory lining

I''d like to see him scour as in 5 above his own crap squad.  Or preferably to be scoured  himself as in 5 above himself from Carrow Road.

In the interests of balance this is also from dictionary.com.

scour

 [skouuhr, skou-er] Show IPA Pronunciation
–verb (used with object)
1. to range over, as in a search: They scoured the countryside for the lost child.
2. to run or pass quickly over or along.
–verb (used without object)
3. to range about, as in search of something.
4. to move rapidly or energetically.

Origin: 1250–1300; ME scouren; perh. < ON skūr shower 1 So quite correct usage of the word by GR.

[quote user="cuckoo in the nest"]

Scour has the following meanings

1 to remove dirt, grease, etc., from or to cleanse or polish by hard rubbing, as with a rough or abrasive material: to scour pots and pans.

2.to remove (dirt, grease, etc.) from something by hard rubbing: to scour grease from pots and pans.

3.to clear or dig out (a channel, drain, etc.) as by the force of water, by removing debris, etc.

4.to purge thoroughly, as an animal.

5.to clear or rid of what is undesirable: to scour the nation of spies.

6.to remove by or as if by cleansing; get rid of.

7.to clean or rid of debris, impurities, etc., by or as if by washing, as cotton or wool.

8.Metallurgy. (of the contents of a blast furnace) to rub against and corrode (the refractory lining

I''d like to see him scour as in 5 above his own crap squad.  Or preferably to be scoured  himself as in 5 above himself from Carrow Road.

[/quote]

Perhaps we could scour the original poster fromt his forum as per point 5 of his own list.

[quote user="cuckoo in the nest"]

Get out more Thomas Watt

[/quote]

Likewise!!!

Your the one cutting and pasting bits of the dictionary on to the forum you sad "Thomas Watt"

Was the original post supposed to be funny or serious??? I really can''t tell.

[quote user="Steve H"][quote user="cuckoo in the nest"]

Get out more Thomas Watt

[/quote]

Likewise!!!

Your the one cutting and pasting bits of the dictionary on to the forum you sad "Thomas Watt"

Was the original post supposed to be funny or serious??? I really can''t tell.

[/quote]

neither -suggest you go and watch Harold Pinter''s  "the caretaker " then reflect on cerebral matters , Tommy