Sign in to follow this  
Dean Coneys boots

Managment question

Is it easier to manage in the Prem than in the Championship and below?

Would Wenger, Fergy, Big Sam, etc get results on a shoestring budget, with very demanding fans in a tight and tough division?

Are Hull finding it easier to stay in Prem than to get there? Did we (we were only a point short and purchased a striker too late)

If so is Roedy finding life much tougher at Norwich than Newcastle?

It is certainly ture that being priest of a small and struggling church is much harder than managing a big successful one with lots of money and staff...so was wondering if it is also true in football. And if so perhpas the managment is not the issue- but the stupid turnaround in playing staff and lack of quality on the pitch. We need a period of stability more than anythin else I feel- but to resist the urge to fire fight will not be easy.

That said - reuslts are worryign me

[quote user="the artist formerly known as VIYAG"]

Would Wenger, Fergy, Big Sam, etc get results on a shoestring budget, with very demanding fans in a tight and tough division?

Are Hull finding it easier to stay in Prem than to get there? Did we (we were only a point short and purchased a striker too late)

It is certainly ture that being priest of a small and struggling church is much harder than managing a big successful one with lots of money and staff...so was wondering if it is also true in football. And if so perhpas the managment is not the issue- but the stupid turnaround in playing staff and lack of quality on the pitch. We need a period of stability more than anythin else I feel- but to resist the urge to fire fight will not be easy.

[/quote]Concerns me a bit that a vicar is posting on a footie site during the Xmas period. [:D] Come on, get back to your carol singing.......

Away with the manager, for the game with the reds,

The little Wes Hoolahan tears Forest to shreds.

We love you Wes Hoolahan, when we watch you on sky,

So stay with us Wesley, til promotion is nigh! [<:o)][G][D][+o(]

[quote user="the artist formerly known as VIYAG"]

[/quote]I think you can look at it from the opposite end too - If Wenger, Fergy and Big Sam played players out of position in every game, made poor substitutions, let their best player walk out the door, alienated their new players as soon as they arrived, left their best players on the bench to watch a poor 17 yr old loanee filling their position, ripped their players appart in the press, made tactical errors in each game, blamed the ref, blamed the players, blamed the fans, I think they would be doing just as badly as Roeder