Sign in to follow this  
Binky

THE THINGS WE SAID (2) Clingan

1. (17/6/08) Song For Sammy !  to the tune of you''ll never walk alone.. “clingan,  Clingan, with the ball at his feet, and he''ll never score a goal! He''ll never score a goal.. clingan.. clingan...”

2. (23/6) My mate whos at uni in nottinghams opinion on clingan : CRAP

3. (27/6)  clingan i dont rate good enough for regular 1st team. im not saying he isnt good enough just my view. but he is useful squad player on the cheap i would say. so im not critising the signing im just saying dont expect him play 46games and be 8/10 every week

4. (18/7)  A Forest fans opinion on Clingan...

I wasn''t too excited by this signing when we got him. But I wasn''t going to mock the gy until I had seen for myself what he was like.

On another football forum I asked if their was any Nottingham Forest fans with their opinions on Clingan. I got this response about Clingan.

Sammy ''Sideways'' Clingan....

Ok well firstly i would just like to say you should be aiming higher for ''quality'' players....Sammy is far from quality and is very slow....cant seem to put in ball winning challenge and always seems to pull on the player to win the ball (which he mostly does on the edge of your own box)....only passes the ball backwards or sideways and gives nothing at all attacking

what i saw at him at wolves he was out of his league in this division, but that isnt to say he wont make it, some players progress later in their careers but personally i think this time next summer he wont be in your 1st 11

5. (28/7.08) (After Spurs Friendly)

I don''t think I have ever seen a Norwich team so lacking in pace, skill, ideas or invention going forward. Croft and Pattison in particular were abysmal, but Fotheringham and Clingan (this years Brellier) weren''t far behind.

6.  I did!n''t think too much of Clingan as everyone else did.

7.  (9/8/08)  i''d rather have Russell instead of an average league 1 player that wasn''t even that good for Forest in the team... Russell scores twice in one game pre season. Clingan doesn''t really do anything in either games. Yet Clingan gets the nod ahead of Russell... how very fair

8. (16/8) our team are a disgrace a board who won''t invest, a manager who has about as much sense in the transfer market as peter grant (6 loan signings! sammy clingan just awful,

9. (19/8) Fotheringham and Clingan are too similar (by that i mean similarly useless). can anyone explain why either of these average boring uneventful players get in over Russell?

10. (21/8) my asssessment of Clingan so far is that he has been ineffective - can anyone point out one thing he has actually done that was positive for the team? Too similar to Fotheringham to play both, and for some stupid reason both are preferred to Russell. i''d prefer him to be injured so Russell can remind everyone what they are missing

I wasn''t too excited by this signing when we got him. But I wasn''t going to mock the gy until I had seen for myself what he was like.

On another football forum I asked if their was any Nottingham Forest fans with their opinions on Clingan. I got this response about Clingan.

Sammy ''Sideways'' Clingan....

Ok well firstly i would just like to say you should be aiming higher for ''quality'' players....Sammy is far from quality and is very slow....cant seem to put in ball winning challenge and always seems to pull on the player to win the ball (which he mostly does on the edge of your own box)....only passes the ball backwards or sideways and gives nothing at all attacking

Haha! I wonder who this was ... [:^)] To be fair that wasn''t my opinion though. That was just some feedback from a forest fan I decided to post. He''s one of my favourite Norwich players now. Although to be fair, that isn''t too hard.

[quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]

...only passes the ball backwards or sideways and gives nothing at all attacking

Haha! I wonder who this was ... [:^)] To be fair that wasn''t my opinion though. That was just some feedback from a forest fan I decided to post. He''s one of my favourite Norwich players now. Although to be fair, that isn''t too hard.

[/quote]

Bravo!

one of those comments was my myself, so not really a "we said" comment is it?

the lads doing nice tidy job at the moment, but always judge player after 2nd season, if he good as you all say then that will be picked up by opposition managers in future matches who will try make his job harder. then judge how he copes with this

[quote user="we8wba"]

the lads doing nice tidy job at the moment, but always judge player after 2nd season, if he good as you all say then that will be picked up by opposition managers in future matches who will try make his job harder. then judge how he copes with this

[/quote]

The "we" referred to all posters orn this boward yow now moy man. (And to your credit you subsequently modified your views). For what it''s worth I believe Clingan has the potential to become one of our all time greats - if we stay up and can keep him. (I remember a Wolves fan friend of mine saying a certain Iwan Roberts would not last more than a season with us).

[quote user="we8wba"]

[/quote]Haha yes we can all tell that number three is you!

[quote user="we8wba"]

[/quote]

And you can comment on him because of what? Maybe 1 game and a few minutes highlights?