Sign in to follow this  
pennywise

if i was adam drury

[quote user="wayne kerr"]i`d  put in a transfer request and refuse to play for roeder again, his treatment is nothing short of a disgrace[/quote]

Whys this? He''s clearly unfit, against charlton he couldn''t keep up, kept getting knackerd, altogether slow... But you obviously didn''t go to the game... So dont post this if you dont go to the games, or dont pay attention. Secondly apparently not playing lupoli is " a disgrace" every player he dosn''t play is a disgrace to them apparently, lets change the rules so you can have 20 players in a team so that it''s not a disgrace to anyone?

yes i was at the charlton game  and he looked solid enough to me and we didn`t concede where as most times i`ve seen bertrand this season he`s been rubbish,  we`d have been better off keeping mo camara than this joker.. and yes the treatment of lupoli is a disgrace as well , roeder knew what he was getting with lupoli christ even i knew what he was getting with lupoli yet suddenly he`s not big enough for this league , but his goals per minutes on the pitch this season must be the best at the club

[quote user="wayne kerr"] yes i was at the charlton game  and he looked solid enough to me and we didn`t concede where as most times i`ve seen bertrand this season he`s been rubbish,  we`d have been better off keeping mo camara than this joker.. and yes the treatment of lupoli is a disgrace as well , roeder knew what he was getting with lupoli christ even i knew what he was getting with lupoli yet suddenly he`s not big enough for this league , but his goals per minutes on the pitch this season must be the best at the club[/quote]

If you didnt notice how slow he was, you orta'' get your eyes tested. Yes he is a better defender, but he''s not fit. If he gets fit then I''d love to see him play, but imo he does not attack enough to be a full back. So how can we play lita+court+bertrand+lupoli+drury. We cant play 15 players sorry, some people need to be left out. And lupoli isn''t better than lita, nor hoohlahan nor court, end of..

call me old fashioned but i`d say the way we`re shipping goals we should be playing our better defenders in defence, bit of a novel idea but it  could catch on, and your right litas better than lupoli but  cort isn`t, in his current state  i reckon i could muscle him off the ball,    and russell up front or lupoli ?  personally i`d go with the striker..  i think you`ve been brainwashed by roeders post match interveiws [:D]

hmmm, Some wingers need support, ok so drury when hes FIT! but semmy aswell, when he learns to defend. Cort is better in the air than lupoli, you might aswell face the music lupoli wont get played now, if he didn''t play him when we had no strikers, he''s not going to play him when we do. Cort will improve but i must admit, he reminds me of P. crouch... And i dont even listen to his post match interviews, im usually in the bar having a big rollover hotdog :)!!!! And are you muscle man by any chance :)?

[quote user="ncfc90"]The only thing that is a disgrace, was Drury''s performance against Charlton[/quote]

Utter baloney. But the original thread is academic. He''s not very far behind Bertrand in ability AND effectivenes and many would place him in front of Bertrand right now. But Roeder would not be worried if Drury put in a transfer request. Drury is "old Norwich" experienced, an excellent defender and able to question Roeder without even saying a thing.  He has to go I suspect and I expect he will be farmed out on loan in the New Year. We may lose more games Roeder''s way but at least it will be Roeder''s way...(oh, and we will not get relegated. But don''t tell Roeder that - otherwise he might start experimenting for the fun of it).

The reason Drury is unfit is because of the lack of games (match fitness/sharpness) he is getting! That is not his fault, and with a solid run in the team that would be not an issue.

Berty has been consistently poor ALL season - and the limited pitchtime Adam has had he has shown more for me in both terms of defence AND attack.

I think Drury is solid, but Betrand is better. I also think th OP should do us a favour and refuse to ever post on here again until GR leaves the club. So many people dine out on the three good seasons we had....

[quote user="ncfc90"]The only thing that is a disgrace, was Drury''s performance against Charlton[/quote]

The only disgrace is that you are posting this rubbish.

[quote user="We Want Worthy Back"]The reason Drury is unfit is because of the lack of games (match fitness/sharpness) he is getting! That is not his fault, and with a solid run in the team that would be not an issue. Berty has been consistently poor ALL season - and the limited pitchtime Adam has had he has shown more for me in both terms of defence AND attack.[/quote]

Agreed.

We kept a clean sheet in the previous game (ok it was against Charlton who were rubbish) so why change the defence? Why take out Drury?

Glenn has been doing it over and over again and it keeps costing us. If something works then give it a chance, stick with it.

P*ss poor management. Worrying that Glenn gets paid all that money and makes a mess of little things like that.

In fairness Lupoli was brought in to bolster the squad, hes a squad player thats it why he doesn''t play that often but it still necessary to have him just in case.And people keep going on about the Reading game where Roeder played Russell upfront on his own instead of Lupoli, my friends and I discussed this at the time and personally I believed this was the correct thing to do, we were playing the club which has scored the most goals at home in the division so we needed an outlet that could hold the ball up when we were under pressure and no one can say Lupoli could have done that job.

[quote user="ridgeman"]

I have seen Drury in the few performances that he has been allowed to play and he is streets ahead of Bertrand in defending.

[/quote]

F*** off.Drury is a decent defender, and may well have aquitted himself well, but to say Bertrand was not up to the job on the performances he''s put in is taking the p*ss frankly.

[quote user="wayne kerr"] yes i was at the charlton game  and he looked solid enough to me and we didn`t concede where as most times i`ve seen bertrand this season he`s been rubbish,  we`d have been better off keeping mo camara than this joker.. and yes the treatment of lupoli is a disgrace as well , roeder knew what he was getting with lupoli christ even i knew what he was getting with lupoli yet suddenly he`s not big enough for this league , but his goals per minutes on the pitch this season must be the best at the club[/quote]

What that man said. Drury looked match fit to me too. Its excuse time yet again. When will they stop making excuses for Roeders terrible team selections. I though he had turned a corner with the team he put out against Charlton. But no, Roeder had to go and do it, the awful Fotheringham and team out of form Bertand go straight back into the starting lineup, Hoolahan goes back to the right, a position he has already proven to be ineffective in. Stop making excuses.

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="ridgeman"]

I have seen Drury in the few performances that he has been allowed to play and he is streets ahead of Bertrand in defending.

[/quote]

F*** off.
Drury is a decent defender, and may well have aquitted himself well, but to say Bertrand was not up to the job on the performances he''s put in is taking the p*ss frankly.
[/quote]

He told you. Drury Isn''t fit, get over it... Stop looking for another reason to have a go at Roeder, It''s bull.

In order to get match fit you have to play games. That is what match

fit means. Players should be fit generally, but "match fit" is a term

used to describe a players level of fitness when he is fit enough to

play games regularly. Players become match fit by playing matches, and

stop being match fit when they don''t play. As

I have said before on these forums I have no doubt that Bertrand will

play at a higher level than Drury in his career, however I do not think

he is the best option at left back for us, right now.All I am

saying is sometimes you have to look beyond the next game. It would be

logical to play a young player with potential to get better than Drury,

if we owned the player. However, we do not, and it makes sense to give

Drury the number 3 shirt.Having played 1-4 games in a row (I

didn''t know there was a specific number of games it takes to get match

fit after a long term injury then half a season playing very little

football, but perhaps you can enlighten us) I think we would have a

happy, match fit, solid left back who can do a good job for us for the

next three seasons or more. If Drury contines to be left out, he may

want to leave, and a year of not playing is certainly not going to help

his long term fitness, either way left back isn''t a problem for us now,

but with such short term thinking it''ll be another crisis position in

the summer. In my opinion Drury should play, and Bertrand

should cover if we have injuries to either left back or left midfield.

Some of the coments Roeder has made about Bertrand make it very clear

he is a favourite, as do his decisions. Roeder is paid to make said

decisions, and fair play, maybe Bertrand will suddenly play amazingly

and save our season, having been given time to establish himself. Who

knows? I can only say things as I see them, but I cannot understand

your logic. If a player is out for a season injured, surely the only

way to get them back to their best is to give them a run of games.

Drury hasn''t retired, players recover from injuries, start playing

football again. Perhaps they are a bit sluggish at first but after a

few games they settle into their stride, and prosper.

[quote user="Fuglestad"]In order to get match fit you have to play games. That is what match fit means. Players should be fit generally, but "match fit" is a term used to describe a players level of fitness when he is fit enough to play games regularly. Players become match fit by playing matches, and stop being match fit when they don''t play.

As I have said before on these forums I have no doubt that Bertrand will play at a higher level than Drury in his career, however I do not think he is the best option at left back for us, right now.

All I am saying is sometimes you have to look beyond the next game. It would be logical to play a young player with potential to get better than Drury, if we owned the player. However, we do not, and it makes sense to give Drury the number 3 shirt.

Having played 1-4 games in a row (I didn''t know there was a specific number of games it takes to get match fit after a long term injury then half a season playing very little football, but perhaps you can enlighten us) I think we would have a happy, match fit, solid left back who can do a good job for us for the next three seasons or more. If Drury contines to be left out, he may want to leave, and a year of not playing is certainly not going to help his long term fitness, either way left back isn''t a problem for us now, but with such short term thinking it''ll be another crisis position in the summer.

In my opinion Drury should play, and Bertrand should cover if we have injuries to either left back or left midfield. Some of the coments Roeder has made about Bertrand make it very clear he is a favourite, as do his decisions. Roeder is paid to make said decisions, and fair play, maybe Bertrand will suddenly play amazingly and save our season, having been given time to establish himself. Who knows? I can only say things as I see them, but I cannot understand your logic. If a player is out for a season injured, surely the only way to get them back to their best is to give them a run of games. Drury hasn''t retired, players recover from injuries, start playing football again. Perhaps they are a bit sluggish at first but after a few games they settle into their stride, and prosper.[/quote]

Well you''re saying that because he''s a loan player he wont put as much effort in as drury? What a load of bollocks, if thats what you think. If bertrand wants to be a to player, he will need to be noticed, and so to do that he will need to put 100%+ in. Therefore ofcourse he will play to his best, it dosn''t matter if he''s on loan or not.

P.S. I do agree with some of your points, and if Bertrand dosn''t perform to his best standard in the next few games, i would proabably play Drury, but lets see what Roeder does.

i don`t think he said he won`t put in the effort cos he`s a loan player , what he`s saying is theres no point in persevering with a loan player whos out of form when you could be getting your own player back to match fitness, if bertrand had been outstanding there would be no argument but he`s been mostly rubbish  so  why does he keep going straight back in the team ?

[quote user="Fuglestad"]In order to get match fit you have to play games. That is what match fit means. Players should be fit generally, but "match fit" is a term used to describe a players level of fitness when he is fit enough to play games regularly. Players become match fit by playing matches, and stop being match fit when they don''t play.

As I have said before on these forums I have no doubt that Bertrand will play at a higher level than Drury in his career, however I do not think he is the best option at left back for us, right now.

All I am saying is sometimes you have to look beyond the next game. It would be logical to play a young player with potential to get better than Drury, if we owned the player. However, we do not, and it makes sense to give Drury the number 3 shirt.

Having played 1-4 games in a row (I didn''t know there was a specific number of games it takes to get match fit after a long term injury then half a season playing very little football, but perhaps you can enlighten us) I think we would have a happy, match fit, solid left back who can do a good job for us for the next three seasons or more. If Drury contines to be left out, he may want to leave, and a year of not playing is certainly not going to help his long term fitness, either way left back isn''t a problem for us now, but with such short term thinking it''ll be another crisis position in the summer.

In my opinion Drury should play, and Bertrand should cover if we have injuries to either left back or left midfield. Some of the coments Roeder has made about Bertrand make it very clear he is a favourite, as do his decisions. Roeder is paid to make said decisions, and fair play, maybe Bertrand will suddenly play amazingly and save our season, having been given time to establish himself. Who knows? I can only say things as I see them, but I cannot understand your logic. If a player is out for a season injured, surely the only way to get them back to their best is to give them a run of games. Drury hasn''t retired, players recover from injuries, start playing football again. Perhaps they are a bit sluggish at first but after a few games they settle into their stride, and prosper.[/quote]

Fuglestad - Good post and I agree 100% (PS Always liked your style of play...)

All managers have tehir view of what their strongest 11 is;  and its clear roeder thinks drury is not as good as Bertrand.   Personally I think this thread is a lot of fuss over nothing.  Both are decent left backs,  neither mistake free and both with different strengths.  Plastic is currently out of form and still seems to be lacking confidence from when roeder chose to play him in left midfield when dropping Hoolahan ignoring the fact that he had been playing superbly at the start of the season at left back.  Drury is short of match fitness but has not done a lot wrong.

Unless either player has an absolute mare (and both have had one of those this season) they are not going to cost us the game.  Its just a convenient stick to beat Roeder with.   

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

All managers have tehir view of what their strongest 11 is;  and its clear roeder thinks drury is not as good as Bertrand.   Personally I think this thread is a lot of fuss over nothing.  Both are decent left backs,  neither mistake free and both with different strengths.  Plastic is currently out of form and still seems to be lacking confidence from when roeder chose to play him in left midfield when dropping Hoolahan ignoring the fact that he had been playing superbly at the start of the season at left back.  Drury is short of match fitness but has not done a lot wrong.

Unless either player has an absolute mare (and both have had one of those this season) they are not going to cost us the game.  Its just a convenient stick to beat Roeder with.   

[/quote]

you`ve just made a very good case for playing adam drury, now wheres that bloody stick ?   [:)]