Sign in to follow this  
long term fan

new manager

Not If but when Norwich city appoint a New Manager possibly within the next month, would the dream ticket be Darren Huckerby as player manager, and Malky  as his his number two.

[quote user="edward daniels"]

Not If but when Norwich city appoint a New Manager possibly within the next month, would the dream ticket be Darren Huckerby as player manager, and Malky  as his his number two.

[/quote]

Look on the bright side - at least there will be no danger of your second post on this message board being more stupid than your first.

Joined 4 years ago and that''s your first post?

I''d like to see them both back at the club in some capacity but not senior management...yet.

NO! What is it with you people who think just because they were good players (the likes of Huckerby, Dublin, Roberts etc) they would make good managers? They may well do in time, but let them screw up some League Two club before trying their luck here otherwise we''ll end up with another Grant situation.

You''re also deluded if you think Roeder is going anywhere anytime soon. Our board have a track record of not sacking someone until at least a year after they should have done.

And before anyone else pipes up, yes we could afford to sack him if that is what they wanted to do. I asked ND the question when Grant was in-charge and his reply was something along the lines of ''there comes a point when you can''t afford to NOT sack the Manager, if that point is reached, action will be taken''

Personally, all things considered I think it''s a little soon to be calling for the Manager''s head. Let him wheel and deal in January and see whether our league position improves or worsens. If it gets better, stick with him. If we continue to stutter along around the drop-zone then it may be time to get rid.