Lee Croft is suffering from the flu and unlikely to feature tomorrow.

He was due to have christmas dinner at a local pub but was a no show.

It''ll probably result in bertrand playing at left midfield and drury left back. or more likely Patterson left midfield and russell in midfield and Bell playing on the right wing

That would be the perfect chance to try Hoolahan on the left and Bell on the right, which are supposed to be their natural positions. If it works it shows we can manage without Crofty, although I would be very sorry to see him go.

If Croft is out how about Bell on the right and Lupoli on the left which Roeder says is his best position, staying away from the hurly burly of the middle, the rest could then stay the same.

If he is ill?[:|]

I do wonder if he''s gonna be fit for the FA Cup tie against Charlton......Don''t wish one of our saleable asset''s to be crocked or cup-tied before an interested party throws a few bob our way......

[quote user="Nuff Said"]That would be the perfect chance to try Hoolahan on the left and Bell on the right, which are supposed to be their natural positions. If it works it shows we can manage without Crofty, although I would be very sorry to see him go.[/quote]*bangs his head against the wall*Hoolahan''s natural position is behind the front one/two and Bell is a left winger.

[quote user="king of latvia"]or is it another lie by the city clowns[/quote]

Possibly, but players aren''t immune from these things and Croft was totally blocked up when he did the canariesworld interview before the Charlton game; I was surprised he lasted the full 90 mins.   I guess we''ll see soon enough.

Bell might have been playing on the left but all the talk about him when he joined was that his natural position was on the right, and hence there would be a clash with Croft. He is versatile enough to do either but why not give him a go on the right? From the official site:
The midfielder, who can operate centrally or wide right won Luton''s

Internet Player of the Season and Young Supporters'' Player of the

Season for the 06/07 season.
Wikipedia says "He has played mostly in the centre and on the right side of midfield for Luton, although he can also play on the left." I''d give your head a rest mate!

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"][quote user="Nuff Said"]That would be the perfect chance to try Hoolahan on the left and Bell on the right, which are supposed to be their natural positions. If it works it shows we can manage without Crofty, although I would be very sorry to see him go.
[/quote]

*bangs his head against the wall*

Hoolahan''s natural position is behind the front one/two and Bell is a left winger.
[/quote]

Agree re: Hoolahan - doesn''t seem to possess the pace for a winger, and is much better behind the strikers - the problem is making this work effectively, as imo the formation we''ve played in the last 2 home games (ie one up front, him behind) is much better suited for away games, as it doesn''t seem to give the attacking options you want at home.

...the o/s disagrees with you on Bell, though, as do I - it says he "can operate centrally or wide right", so by definition is currently playing out of position.  When he is given a go on the right, I''m sure he''ll be more effective as won''t have to keep cutting back to get the crosses in off his stronger foot - unlike Hucks he seems to prefer to play on the ''normal'' side.

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"][quote user="Nuff Said"]That would be the perfect chance to try Hoolahan on the left and Bell on the right, which are supposed to be their natural positions. If it works it shows we can manage without Crofty, although I would be very sorry to see him go.
[/quote]

*bangs his head against the wall*

Hoolahan''s natural position is behind the front one/two and Bell is a left winger.
[/quote]

has done a fine job there but it''s clear to everyone he is more comfortable on the right

[quote user="JoelMurphy"]Lee Croft is suffering from the flu and unlikely to feature tomorrow. He was due to have christmas dinner at a local pub but was a no show. It''ll probably result in bertrand playing at left midfield and drury left back. or more likely Patterson left midfield and russell in midfield and Bell playing on the right wing[/quote]

Well Done, you got that spot on [:)]

im worried its the same illness dean ashton had just before the westham fa cup match a couple of days before his transfer to the hammers.

[quote user="Smeg"]im worried its the same illness dean ashton had just before the westham fa cup match a couple of days before his transfer to the hammers.[/quote]

I could understand that if he''d got injured in training this morning or in the warm up, but if his family or friends said he didn''t make Xmas dinner in the village pub because of flu I''m inclined to believe them.

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="Smeg"]im worried its the same illness dean ashton had just before the westham fa cup match a couple of days before his transfer to the hammers.[/quote]

I could understand that if he''d got injured in training this morning or in the warm up, but if his family or friends said he didn''t make Xmas dinner in the village pub because of flu I''m inclined to believe them.

[/quote]

Who''s his family and friends? Club Media? Agent?.....He''s been in the shop window and if a bid''s big enough, then come January, he''ll be gone.

See if he plays in the FA Cup......

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]He''s got flu ffs, why does it suddenly have to become cloak and dagger.  If he''s on his way then he is. [:)][/quote]

See if he plays in the FA cup....

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]He''s got flu ffs, why does it suddenly have to become cloak and dagger.  If he''s on his way then he is. [:)][/quote]

See if he plays in the FA cup....

[/quote]

Well to be fair if he''s got full blown flu he won''t be well enough to play in a weeks time, last bout of flu I had I was in bed for two weeks and off work for 5.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

Who''s his family and friends? Club Media? Agent?.....He''s been in the shop window and if a bid''s big enough, then come January, he''ll be gone.

[/quote]

Presumeably he was booked in for Xmas dinner with his parents and family/friends so if he wasn''t ill and was leaving in Jan wouldn''t he have still turned up for Xmas lunch??

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

Presumeably he was booked in for Xmas dinner with his parents and family/friends so if he wasn''t ill and was leaving in Jan wouldn''t he have still turned up for Xmas lunch??

[/quote]

Quite right, I know if It was me I would have gone, however having had bouts of flu in the past the last thing on your mind is eating.

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

See if he plays in the FA Cup......

[/quote]

I know a friend of his and he was definitely missed the dinner because of flu. Its not a made up injury. Also the ashton thing was not made up, they had a scan to prove the injury and i saw him on the golf cart outside the ground before the west ham game. Roeder hasnt offered a contract to croft so how can he sign it?

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]GR''s just said he''s been sick for the past 48 hrs.  Get well soon Lee[/quote]

Lets hope he''s fit for Sunday.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]GR''s just said he''s been sick for the past 48 hrs.  Get well soon Lee[/quote]

I''ve been sick of Roeder all season 49''.[:D]

[quote user="olej"]Just went up the club shop and saw croft was in reception, this was about midday and probably during training so it looks like he hasnt trained today and wont start tomorrow. If he''s not training then he is obviously ill! and the club arent just putting it on.[/quote]

Yeah and I bet they have the X rays to prove it!   [;)]

Who cares, if we sell him we can afford lita, I''d rather have lita than croft, look on the bright side :) Also bell can take his place so it''s nothing major, it''s getting so over-rated, it''s all over nothing, he''s probably just ill...!