Sign in to follow this  
HOCKEYMYHERO

This protest stinks !

[quote user="Gazza"]

Some investment, some ambition some leadership for starters, the problem for me is right at the top.....

[/quote]Investment, ambition and leadership. I don''t think you will find anyone who is going to argue against that. However, I''m not much clearer about why you think this is more likely under other owners. Some clarification would help.

[quote user="Badger"][quote user="Gazza"]

Some investment, some ambition some leadership for starters, the problem for me is right at the top.....

[/quote]

Investment, ambition and leadership. I don''t think you will find anyone who is going to argue against that.

However, I''m not much clearer about why you think this is more likely under other owners. Some clarification would help.
[/quote]

At the AGM Delia et al were asking for fans advice on running the club,surely any business needs strong leadership/ foresight and plans of action and with the current board I believe we have none of this. We need a business person in charge of this club for sure, if they bring investment they will surely have a three/five year plan to progrees this club as would any successful organisation.

This current makaise is going to end in disaster Badger i fear...... 

[quote user="BGGYPOS"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="BGGYPOS"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Houston Canary"][quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="BGGYPOS"]Why not protest against the protesters to see which is the greater?[:D][/quote]

What an absolute idiot... [:$]

[/quote]

I''m a-gonna protest against those who protest against the protestors!  How DARE they impinge on people''s freedom of expression.  Who''s with me!?!?!?!

[/quote]

Hi Houston, hope you had a Merry Christmas???

It seems like being a City fan these days is like following a Dictatorship... and prats with attitudes like that wonder why I do not consider myself one of them or want anything to do with them... [:$]

And you are not trying to be a dictator? Just because people do not agree with your bleatings all you can do is name call, very big of you.

[/quote][/quote]

Well I am sorry if I called you an idiot BIGGY, but I would say exactly the same thing to your face if you made the same comment that you had made above to me in any pub in the City.

What gives you the right to be so confrontational over people expressing a view which is different to yours?

Maybe we should round the 100 or so up and send them to the gas chambers???

[/quote]

I''m not confrontational, no I am not happy with what is happening to our club, but I do not take great joy when we lose like you do and neither does most of the posters on here. Yes we need change, but it will come when it comes and not before, no protest will speed it up if no-one is wanting to buy, or do you know different? 

[/quote]

So if you are so sure that a protest will not achieve anything then why feel the need to poo poo those who say that they may be organising one so strongly.

Answer the question... why do you feel the need to confront such people???

If 100 people are going to protest and it has no further backing then surely the thing would fizzle out and blow over in a couple of weeks?

I think both you and I know that is simply not going to be the case though don''t we?

There are many disgruntled fans out there and once a number of people stand up and call for change then many more will follow.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Smudger"]

Have people like City Angle not found it in themselves yet to hold up their hands anmd admit that they were wrong about absolutely everything over the last couple of years?

It seems that you have learnt nothing CA and this is why so much abuse is given back to people like yourself by those who want change at the club and who are actively trying to do something about it.

[/quote]

What am I meant to be admitting to Smudger, it''s common knowledge that I haven''t been a Roeder fan since day 1 and I''m as eager to get rid of Delia and the board as you are, but the club is up for sale so what more can we do until an investor comes forward?

You tell us what you are actively doing ( off this forum) to get a change at the top and then maybe people will help you?

[/quote]

If you are as eager to get rid of the board as well as myself and a handful of others out there who appear to want a protest to happen then why are you not saying that you will join us when one does happen, instead of poo pooing one at every chence that you get???

As for what I am doing you know fine well I have protested by myself and that I first went to see Mr Tilson over a year ago to try and get an official supporters group to look in to the possibility of doing something.  I am pretty sure that the questionnaires which went out recently were largely down to the fact that I decided to join the NCISA and then tell them why I have sat back and actually waited for them to ask me where my outspoken nature had disappeared to and why I was so quiet at a couple of their meetings.

We are still awaiting the results of the said questionnaire, but there are people out there who I do not know (some of who have ridiculed me in the past) now turning to me out of desperation, because nobody else seems to be willing to stand up there and get shot at.

I have protested myself (twice)... why should I make that a 3rd time?

I even have somebody very well know to me posting on here today... who seems willing to to say how much something should be done on here, but I know for a fact has not tried to voice their concern so Delia can hear at Carrow Road.

He says that he agrees with a protest, so what is he waiting for?  What are the others waiting for who have e:mailed me recently?

What are you waiting for CA?  How do you think we can bring about change by sitting back and doing nothing?  What feedback did you give the NCISA on the questionnaire that you sent them?

What would you like to see happen next?

I am just shocked that you are on this thread being so critical of somebody (Gavin Light) who obviously wants change to happen, whether his friends have organised this protest or not.

[quote user="Fellas"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Smudger"]

Have people like City Angle not found it in themselves yet to hold up their hands anmd admit that they were wrong about absolutely everything over the last couple of years?

It seems that you have learnt nothing CA and this is why so much abuse is given back to people like yourself by those who want change at the club and who are actively trying to do something about it.

[/quote]

What am I meant to be admitting to Smudger, it''s common knowledge that I haven''t been a Roeder fan since day 1 and I''m as eager to get rid of Delia and the board as you are, but the club is up for sale so what more can we do until an investor comes forward?

You tell us what you are actively doing ( off this forum) to get a change at the top and then maybe people will help you?

[/quote]

Hear, Hear CA. I agree with you. Smudger et al are full of rhetoric. I''m in agreement with Smudge and yourself (and I suspect a lot of fans) but I firmly don''t believe a protest will achieve anything other than more animosity between the fans and between the fans and the board. I certainly don''t think a protest will help find a new buyer. Glenn Roeder is clearly out of his depth and has been struggling in the shallows for almost a year and I can''t see him learning to swim or being thrown arm-bands.

I all think it''s quite funny that Smudger "tries" to enlist people to his cause by mainly insulting them or being plain obnoxious. To be honest I couldn''t give a monkeys if you call be knob via a computer or via your mouth to my face, either way I think you''re generally not a pleasant person and I personally would have nothing to do with you. I just don''t understand that whilst on one hand you seem so passionate about your cause that you actively insult the club and it''s fans yet you are indifferent enough not invest time and (if I''m correct in saying) your skills that you use in your business.

This does not mean I don''t wish the "protest" (if it happens, which I personally doubt) good luck. If it achieves it''s aims I will be more than happy and I won''t shun somebody just because they don''t agree with me...

[/quote]

All fair enough comments apart from the more personal ones directed at my character Fellas... [Y]

I do not have a problem with people saying that they do not think it will change anything, but if protests do happen then that is peoples freedom of choice.

Because I want a protest (directed at the board) to happen and have done for over two years now, I have been called all the things under the sun on this forum, had my business targeted, threats of physical abuse etc.

Are you really surprised when somebody with a bit of character, who is not frightened by such people and their bullying tactics, actually stands up to them and gives them everything back that they have dished out in spades???

You have no idea about my character... those who have met me in the flesh will tell you that I am a nice chap with strong beliefs and somebdoy who will not be pushed around by playground bullies.

It is as simple as that... it has taken somebody with such a strong character to bring these issues to the fore a little.

Without me and a few other not very liked charcters on here everything would still be being swept under the carpet.

[quote user="ellis206"][quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="fearofambition"]If it is true then i say good luck to ''em, even if it is only fifty to a hundred at least it''s fifty to a hundred supporters who don''t have their heads in the sand and can see which direction delia and co and rodent are dragging this club. Who are the idiots, the minority who have had enough and want to let it be known to queen delia that not everyone worships the ground she walks on? Or the 24'' 000 mugs who turn up week after week for whom the board and the manager have no respect for whatsoever?[/quote]

Spot on Fear of Ambition... and it is still very clear who are those holding this club of ours back along with Queen Delia herself.

[/quote]

Were you one of the Nigel Worthington out brigade then Smudge? I do believe you were, in which case, are you going to hold your hands up and admit you were wrong? because things have got a hell of a lot worse since Worthy left Norwich.
[/quote]

Yes I am big enough to do that... maybe I was wrong over Worthy... but if we were wrong then who does that point the finger of blame at???

Your posts above seem to suggest that you think one promotion in 13 years is a good enough track record at a club the size of NCFC???

[quote user="Gazza"][quote user="ellis206"][quote user="Gazza"]

[quote user="ellis206"][quote user="fearofambition"]If it is true then i say good luck to ''em, even if it is only fifty to a hundred at least it''s fifty to a hundred supporters who don''t have their heads in the sand and can see which direction delia and co and rodent are dragging this club. Who are the idiots, the minority who have had enough and want to let it be known to queen delia that not everyone worships the ground she walks on? Or the 24'' 000 mugs who turn up week after week for whom the board and the manager have no respect for whatsoever?[/quote]

What a stupid post, us 24 thousand "mugs" that turn up week in week out, do so because we love Norwich City, win, lose or draw, were you calling for Delias head the year we won the league? You get good times and bad times in football, and we''re going through a bad period at the moment, we do need investment, but the abuse Delia gets is unjustified, especially from "fans" who don''t even go to the games anymore and seem to get aroused everytime Norwich lose!
[/quote]

Four years of failure Ellis, but hey ho lets all grin and bear it!. So when we are in Div 3 of english football I will shake you by the hand and congratulate you on supporting "our failing cook" and foresight, thanks sea lion for being such a better supporter than us that dare to question I bow down to your superior knowledge!...........................................................................NOT!!!!!

[/quote]

Four years of failure? Do you think we are Manchester United or someone? Look at our History, and tell me how many exceptional seasons we''ve had in our history, we''re at the level we deserve to be at, we have a bigger fan base than most teams in this country but that means nothing in football these days, its all about money, and we haven''t got any, and until somebody buys us out we cannot compete with a lot of other clubs. And I think it''s hilarious how people actually believe we are going down this year, have these people seen us play at times this season?
[/quote]

Yeah thats right Ellis four years of FAILURE!, why have we not got any money is it perhaps because that are that many tick boxes someone has to satisfy to invest in the club to our "Suffolk owners"??? maybe?. Clubs of the ilk of Portsmouth/Wigan/Fulham/Stoke/Hull/West Brom/Bolton find themselves in the prem but yeah they are so mush bigger than us?!

Plus I am a season ticket holder and find it far from the realms of impossibility that we could possibly go down this year but glad u find it hilarious!, our only get out of jail clause is that there a perhaps three unbelievably poor sides in the division this year!.

Finally we are  lil'' Norwich City so  we must have no ambition hey!?, brainwashed!. You truly are clueless as per the board asking for the supporters ideas to run the club!

[/quote]

and the fact that we have a certain Mr Moore has paid for a certain Mr Lita for the last couple of months or so and the false hope that we may cling on to him for the rest of the season in January.

Didn''t a certain Mr Huckerby even say that we would definetely be in the bottom 3 already this season if it was not for the goals of Leroy Lita???

[quote user="Badger"][quote user="Gazza"][quote user="ellis206"][quote user="Gazza"]

[quote user="ellis206"][quote user="fearofambition"]If it is true then i say good luck to ''em, even if it is only fifty to a hundred at least it''s fifty to a hundred supporters who don''t have their heads in the sand and can see which direction delia and co and rodent are dragging this club. Who are the idiots, the minority who have had enough and want to let it be known to queen delia that not everyone worships the ground she walks on? Or the 24'' 000 mugs who turn up week after week for whom the board and the manager have no respect for whatsoever?[/quote]

What a stupid post, us 24 thousand "mugs" that turn up week in week out, do so because we love Norwich City, win, lose or draw, were you calling for Delias head the year we won the league? You get good times and bad times in football, and we''re going through a bad period at the moment, we do need investment, but the abuse Delia gets is unjustified, especially from "fans" who don''t even go to the games anymore and seem to get aroused everytime Norwich lose!
[/quote]

Four years of failure Ellis, but hey ho lets all grin and bear it!. So when we are in Div 3 of english football I will shake you by the hand and congratulate you on supporting "our failing cook" and foresight, thanks sea lion for being such a better supporter than us that dare to question I bow down to your superior knowledge!...........................................................................NOT!!!!!

[/quote]

Four years of failure? Do you think we are Manchester United or someone? Look at our History, and tell me how many exceptional seasons we''ve had in our history, we''re at the level we deserve to be at, we have a bigger fan base than most teams in this country but that means nothing in football these days, its all about money, and we haven''t got any, and until somebody buys us out we cannot compete with a lot of other clubs. And I think it''s hilarious how people actually believe we are going down this year, have these people seen us play at times this season?
[/quote]

Yeah thats right Ellis four years of FAILURE!, why have we not got any money is it perhaps because that are that many tick boxes someone has to satisfy to invest in the club to our "Suffolk owners"??? maybe?. Clubs of the ilk of Portsmouth/Wigan/Fulham/Stoke/Hull/West Brom/Bolton find themselves in the prem but yeah they are so mush bigger than us?!

Plus I am a season ticket holder and find it far from the realms of impossibility that we could possibly go down this year but glad u find it hilarious!, our only get out of jail clause is that there a perhaps three unbelievably poor sides in the division this year!.

Finally we are  lil'' Norwich City so  we must have no ambition hey!?, brainwashed!. You truly are clueless as per the board asking for the supporters ideas to run the club!

[/quote]

Maybe I am missing the point - please explain it to me - you get rid of the board/ manager etc - then what?

What happens then to make everything wonderful?

[/quote]

A few thick fans like your good self and the other Delia lovers disappear... then maybe the rest of us can get on with re-building this once proud football club perhaps??? [:$]

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="ellis206"]

we''re at the level we deserve to be at, we have a bigger fan base than most teams in this country but that means nothing in football these days, its all about money, and we haven''t got any, and until somebody buys us out we cannot compete with a lot of other clubs. And I think it''s hilarious how people actually believe we are going down this year, have these people seen us play at times this season?
[/quote]

No we''re not at the level we deserve to be at us fans deserve a lot more than this. As for money there are lots of clubs with less money than us in the Championship who are in a higher position plus as far as relegation goes don''t be too confident that we''re too good to go down. Playing well doesn''t save you from relegation and yes I am there every week before you ask.

[/quote]

I can only name two CA...

Sheff Weds and Swansea in the top half who have possibly spent less than us recently.

If you can find any other clubs who have spent less than us who have even a slim outside chance of the play-off''s before 2008 is out then please be sure to let me know.

I thought I had buried the myth that Burnley and Preston had spent less than us a couple of weeks ago?

[quote user="Ali Dia"]ur a mug[/quote]

I know, which reminds me, I must see if Thorny has finished his work... [;)]

We are all mugs doing nothing while rome is burning!!!

Name one club where the fans vote for the the board, owners & chairman  ?

I bet fans at Chelsea & Man U are glad for the most part they have dictators Abramovic & Glazer.

You call other fans " pratts", but to me a pratt is some one who is not living in the real world, do something about it rather than keep moaning and I don''t mean protest against the board just before  a vital match. No wonder everyone dislikes you so much !

The board have made mistakes we all know that, and they know the time has come to go but until we get a  genuine buyer they are going no where.

Franny Lee was heralded as a saviour when he took over from Peter Swales at Man City in the end he was hounded out. So do something. 

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Badger"]

Maybe I am missing the point - please explain it to me - you get rid of the board/ manager etc - then what? What happens then to make everything wonderful?

[/quote]

A few thick fans like your good self and the other Delia lovers disappear... then maybe the rest of us can get on with re-building this once proud football club perhaps??? [:$]

[/quote]So what will change so that the "rest of you can re-build this once proud club."How will it be different?

[quote user="Smudger"]

All fair enough comments apart from the more personal ones directed at my character Fellas... [Y]

I do not have a problem with people saying that they do not think it will change anything, but if protests do happen then that is peoples freedom of choice.

Because I want a protest (directed at the board) to happen and have done for over two years now, I have been called all the things under the sun on this forum, had my business targeted, threats of physical abuse etc.

Are you really surprised when somebody with a bit of character, who is not frightened by such people and their bullying tactics, actually stands up to them and gives them everything back that they have dished out in spades???

You have no idea about my character... those who have met me in the flesh will tell you that I am a nice chap with strong beliefs and somebdoy who will not be pushed around by playground bullies.

It is as simple as that... it has taken somebody with such a strong character to bring these issues to the fore a little.

Without me and a few other not very liked charcters on here everything would still be being swept under the carpet.

[/quote]Smudge, I think you over egged things a bit there. I''m not going to deny that you''ve been on the end of vitriol, but you give more than your fair share out and often to people and at times that are either unnecessary or just out of what I see as spitefulness. People who have seen you in flesh have obviously seen a different side to you, probably because you could justify your opinions to them in public rather than just the boring attacking retorts you dish out on here.I think you''ve certainly bigged yourself up here, do you liken yourself to the dashing warrior prince fighting the evil delia-dragon? In reality I think most people have known things have been wrong for a long time and I would argue that I have long before many of the "band-wagoners" have jumped on. But the reality is very little has changed in these past few years. There are a large minority of fans that are distinillusioned with the club and it even seems if Delia herself has had enough. The club still spin more than a fairground waltzer and there will always be fans who are not critical.

[quote user="Smudger"]

I am pretty sure that the questionnaires which went out recently were largely down to the fact that I decided to join the NCISA

I am just shocked that you are on this thread being so critical of somebody (Gavin Light) who obviously wants change to happen, whether his friends have organised this protest or not.

[/quote]

I''ve just read thru this thread very carefully Smudger and can''t see any post of mine which is critical of Gavin or in fact any post which says that I don''t agree with a protest. Think I jokingly said that I thought the thread was a wind up because Gavin didn''t seem to know which of his friends were organising the protest and then said it would be easy to get hold of his 100 friends to delay it until after New Year which seemed a bit odd, plus there''s been nothing in the press to advertise it and I''m betting the police don''t know anything about it either.But if there are 100 plus protestors at the Coach and Horses on Sunday at 2pm then I''ll hold my hands up and apologise!

As for you being responsible for  spurring NCISA into action, well what can I say other than well done, it reassures me as a member that you''re involved in their decision making.

[quote user="Smudger"]A few thick fans like your good self and the other Delia lovers disappear... then maybe the rest of us can get on with re-building this once proud football club perhaps??? [:$][/quote]Please elaborate Smudger, how are you and your associates going to rebuild this great club?

[quote user="canarytim"]

Name one club where the fans vote for the the board, owners & chairman  ?

I bet fans at Chelsea & Man U are glad for the most part they have dictators Abramovic & Glazer.

You call other fans " pratts", but to me a pratt is some one who is not living in the real world, do something about it rather than keep moaning and I don''t mean protest against the board just before  a vital match. No wonder everyone dislikes you so much !

The board have made mistakes we all know that, and they know the time has come to go but until we get a  genuine buyer they are going no where.

Franny Lee was heralded as a saviour when he took over from Peter Swales at Man City in the end he was hounded out. So do something. 

[/quote]

Exactly, you say that protesting achieves nothing and that fans have no input whatsoever on who is in control of their club, then you go on to give an example of fans having power in helping to dispose of Franny Lee.  Are you trying to tell me that Franny Lee did not deserve the abuse he was getting from the Man City fans for leading a club of their size in to the 3rd tier (Div 1)?

[quote user="Delia S. Tickers"]

I bet smudge''s arm aches after all those pats on the back he gave himself.

[/quote]

How dare you say such a thing about the great revolutionary leader. You''ll be first against the wall when he starts his pogrom![:D]

I am pretty sure that the questionnaires which went out recently were largely down to the fact that I decided to join the NCISA

[/quote]

I''ve just read thru this thread very carefully Smudger and can''t see any post of mine which is critical of Gavin or in fact any post which says that I don''t agree with a protest. Think I jokingly said that I thought the thread was a wind up because Gavin didn''t seem to know which of his friends were organising the protest and then said it would be easy to get hold of his 100 friends to delay it until after New Year which seemed a bit odd, plus there''s been nothing in the press to advertise it and I''m betting the police don''t know anything about it either.But if there are 100 plus protestors at the Coach and Horses on Sunday at 2pm then I''ll hold my hands up and apologise!

As for you being responsible for  spurring NCISA into action, well what can I say other than well done, it reassures me as a member that you''re involved in their decision making.

[/quote]

There we go then CA... I apologise, but why couldn''t you simply put it across in such a way in the first place?

Making comments like you initial one on this thread, plus the fact that when I we met you said that you did not support a protest as you did not think it would achieve anything seem to suggest that you are still willing to jump in to bed (pardon the pun) and be influenced by some of your friends who post on here who have clearly been wrong about everything that has happened at the club over the last couple of years.

Maybe you would like to share with me the answers which you gave on the NCISA questionnaire?

Out of interest, these were mine... (I can''t find the original completed form, but went something like this)...

Very        Satisfied         Not            Very

satisfied                        satisfied dissatisfied

1.      What are your views about the current make up of the Norwich City board?    Very Dissatisfied

2.    How do you feel about the performance of the Chief Executive?                Very Dissatisfied    

3.   How do you feel about the performance of the football management team?    Not Satisfied                       

4.     What are your views about the current strategy of signing loan players?    Not Satisfied                          

5.     How do you feel about the opportunities given to youth team players?        Not Satisfied                          

1. Will you be renewing your season ticket?                                                   Yes / No                                N/A

1. Would you support an appeal to put money into the football club?                 Yes / No                               Not under the current boardroom set up

1. Would you welcome foreign investment into Norwich City Football Club?    Yes / No                                Yes (it does not matter where the money comes from as long as it improves the club and the team we can put out on the pitch.

1. Would you support a ‘St Andrew’s Hall’ style supporters meeting?              Yes / No                                Yes

1. If so when?                                                             Now? / Later in the season? / After the end of the season?                          Now

Please add any of your own comments below and overleaf and tell us which one question you would like NCISA to put to the board on your behalf.

I think I memtioned here something about the only question worth asking them is when they are going to leave.  I may of went on to say something about in my view a St Andrews Hall type meeting could not come soon enough and should of happened quite some time ago and why I was sitting by waiting to support who ever it was that was willing to do something about the situation at the club (mentioning my two lone protests and why apart from on this message board I have kept quiet unless asked for my opinions).

I feel it is futile asking those in the boardroom any questions when they have told us so many pork pies over the years (I no longer believe a word that comes out of their mouths and many feel the same).

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Smudger"]A few thick fans like your good self and the other Delia lovers disappear... then maybe the rest of us can get on with re-building this once proud football club perhaps??? [:$][/quote]Please elaborate Smudger, how are you and your associates going to rebuild this great club?[/quote]

Why should I elaborate for you Lappin?

You clearly do not wan''t to listen, so why waste my time?

More and more people are waking up to the facts that they have been foolish listening to those in charge at Carrow Road over the years though and I think deep down you realise that too?

[quote user="Smudger"]Why should I elaborate for you Lappin? You clearly do not wan''t to listen, so why waste my time?[/quote]But Smudger, if you have cast iron plans in place which obviously include a very rich backer who is prepared to buy a majority shareholding, I''m all ears. In fact, I''ll go further than that, I''ll stand besides you and try to help you the best I can. So please tell me......

How are you going to rebuild this club?

[quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Smudger"]A few thick fans like your good self and the other Delia lovers disappear... then maybe the rest of us can get on with re-building this once proud football club perhaps??? [:$][/quote]Please elaborate Smudger, how are you and your associates going to rebuild this great club?[/quote]

More and more people are waking up to the facts that they have been foolish listening to those in charge at Carrow Road over the years though and I think deep down you realise that too?

[/quote]The reason you should elaborate Smudge old chap, is because there are many people, judging by what I read on here, who believe:
  1. Although the record of success in recent years has been poor, the current board have worked hard to move the club forward and genuinely want us to be much more successful.
  2. If the current board (or the manager for that matter) were simply to walk away tomorrow, the club would be in a worse position than it is now, not better. A managed takeover by someone with more resources than Delia would be welcomed by most people, but leaving the club leaderless and with even less financial resource than we have now could only be a disaster.
We can debate 1 till the cows come home, but until someone explains why 2 would not be the case then your "sack the board" theme sounds like a knee jerk (admittedly a long term knee jerk by now!) reaction without any long term plan.Happy New Year!

[quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]I am genuinely interested to understand how it will all get better - I can''t see it myself but it wouldn''t be the first time that I''ve been wrong about something.  I am certainly prepared to listen

[/quote]

[/quote]

Thought his name was Gareth CA?

[quote user="Arturo Whittlupoli"]

[/quote]

Yes so it is, sorry Gareth  [:D]

Guess you''ll be at the Coach and Horses tomorrow Arthur to see how big the turnout is?

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Arturo Whittlupoli"]

[/quote]

Yes so it is, sorry Gareth  [:D]

Guess you''ll be at the Coach and Horses tomorrow Arthur to see how big the turnout is?

[/quote]

Too old for that. I should be at the game with my boy though, as long as Doris is feeling better, so will find out what if anything happened. Quiet drink in The Trafford and Kings before I think CA.

[quote user="Nuff Said"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

If the current board (or the manager for that matter) were simply to walk away tomorrow, the club would be in a worse position than it is now, not better. A managed takeover by someone with more resources than Delia would be welcomed by most people, but leaving the club leaderless and with even less financial resource than we have now could only be a disaster.[/quote]

The 100 million dollar question. I respect what the anti-board bunch say (apart from the personal abuse which is disgusting i.e **** off Delia), but the above point clearly proves why a protest would be completely and utterly FUTILE. A protest would, and will, gain NOTHING whatsoever. A takeover on the other hand.....MIGHT (or was the grass greener on the other side???). The next board may take us down to Division 2, at least under the current board we''ve never got quite that far...

Strange place to meet, the Coach and Horses that is - really don''t think there will be enough room for another 100 people in addition to how packed it is on a usual match day.  I would suggest you meeting at the Horse&Dray but we''re more of a sixties peace movement there.  [:D]

[quote user="Arturo Whittlupoli"]

Too old for that. I should be at the game with my boy though, as long as Doris is feeling better, so will find out what if anything happened. Quiet drink in The Trafford and Kings before I think CA.

[/quote]

I didn''t mean to protest Arthur I thought that was your watering hole [:)]