Sign in to follow this  
NCFC_Thain

After asking a Luton fan

This was his review of Martin and Spillane"Martin is a good technical player and can provide decent assists, but

not a finisher and picks up yellow cards for mouthing off to the ref

practically every game. Spillane however has been one of our

best players this season, surprisingly consistent for somebody at that

age. I could certainly see him making it in the CCC. But don''t tell

your boss that."

The difference between the two of them is attitude. They both have the ability to make it for Norwich in this league, but Chrissy Martin hasn''t got the right attitude. Spillane is a totally different kettle of fish, however, and someone I would like to see in the NCFC team again sooner rather than later.

Lets be fair to Martin, regardless of what you may see out in town, or his demeanor or what we know, we don''t know what his attitude is really like, we can speculate. I speculate that he is content that he got a decent contract at a young age and is not using his full ability enough.

The problem with youngsters is that as fans, we want them to succeed, sometimes too much. And with someone like Martin,we have heard stories about his behavoiur locally and some people want him to fail and constantly give bad press

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]

Lets be fair to Martin, regardless of what you may see out in town, or his demeanor or what we know, we don''t know what his attitude is really like, we can speculate. I speculate that he is content that he got a decent contract at a young age and is not using his full ability enough.

The problem with youngsters is that as fans, we want them to succeed, sometimes too much. And with someone like Martin,we have heard stories about his behavoiur locally and some people want him to fail and constantly give bad press

[/quote]But we know it is fact that he stood and watched his brother kicking a man in the head in Beccles...... so as much as we like to speculate, a part of that is probably true. I have the feeling that Spillane was tarnished with the Martin brush by Roeder, because they are best mates..... As much as I would like Martin to come back and become a good player I cant see it happening and my money would be on him playing non league or not at all by 24.  I would be very dissappointed if Spillane didnt have a long career in the game, whether lower leagues or championship....