Sign in to follow this  
TheboyMark

Doherty quoted on BBC's sport page online...

Interesting remarks made by Doherty on the BBC site.  He attributes some of the team''s current failings to lack of height/stature.  In a way I''m glad someone from within the team has actually raised this glaringly obvious point.  One has to wonder whether he''s going to face some sort of Roeder-repercussions for this but it''s still highly embarrassing that a player has pointed out something that in the close-season, Roeder himself flagged up as one of our major failings.   Is Doherty basically saying "you''ve failed to fix this basic problem and now we''re suffering the inevitable consequences"...? In my humble opinion this is such a major factor in why we can''t beat the teams above us, that surely Roeder has to look at his own words on the subject and admit he''s failed to deal with this fundamental aspect? 

[quote user="TheboyMark"]

Interesting remarks made by Doherty on the BBC site.  He attributes some of the team''s current failings to lack of height/stature.  In a way I''m glad someone from within the team has actually raised this glaringly obvious point.  One has to wonder whether he''s going to face some sort of Roeder-repercussions for this but it''s still highly embarrassing that a player has pointed out something that in the close-season, Roeder himself flagged up as one of our major failings.   Is Doherty basically saying "you''ve failed to fix this basic problem and now we''re suffering the inevitable consequences"...? In my humble opinion this is such a major factor in why we can''t beat the teams above us, that surely Roeder has to look at his own words on the subject and admit he''s failed to deal with this fundamental aspect? 

[/quote]

Do you even go to the games?(judging by your grammar you dont)...  Or are you some kind of posh moron who just likes to post on the internet.

Also docherty is one our best players, there is another thread for this so it''s pointless, thank-you...

[quote user="max"][quote user="TheboyMark"]

[/quote]

Do you even go to the games?(judging by your grammar you dont)...  Or are you some kind of posh moron who just likes to post on the internet.

Also docherty is one our best players, there is another thread for this so it''s pointless, thank-you...

[/quote]

Doherty* ( i think) I always get that mixed up... :)

[/quote]

[/quote]You make yourself look like a tit with that post mate. You should learn how to write and spell before becoming a grammar nazi.

[/quote]

[/quote]It''s a sad world where being literate and able to construct a sentence makes you a "posh moron".  Says more about you, Max, and none of it''s good.And it''s Doherty.

Cheers for that reply Mister Chops (and Pavement are sorely underrated), and just to clarify I certainly wasn''t either criticizing Doherty or trying to posit myself as ''posh''.  I do actually care quite a lot about trying to articulate a point beyond emoticons, text-speak and abuse.  But yes, I take the point that there''s already a thread on this subject so I hold my hands up to that...I just wasn''t awake early enough!  My point was really that the lack of stature/physicality is an issue which Roeder has clearly known about and at voiced his concerns about before the end of last season...so the fac that it''s a problem we''re still suffering because of, is a bit bemusing. 

Cheers for that reply Mister Chops (and Pavement are sorely underrated), and just to clarify I certainly wasn''t either criticizing Doherty or trying to posit myself as ''posh''.  I do actually care quite a lot about trying to articulate a point beyond emoticons, text-speak and abuse.  But yes, I take the point that there''s already a thread on this subject so I hold my hands up to that...I just wasn''t awake early enough!  My point was really that the lack of stature/physicality is an issue which Roeder has clearly known about and voiced his concerns about before the end of last season...so the fact that it''s a problem we''re still suffering because of, is a bit bemusing. 

You had to go and say "posit" though, didn''t you...  [:)]Roeder, in fact, said last year that he would try to sign some big physical Watford or Stoke-type players... so that went well, then...

TheboyMark - please don''t be put off by the idiotic response from "max".

On the point about player stature I would agree that this is a failing on GR''s part, even though he identified the problem himself.

I thought it was interesting that when Carl Cort came on against Charlton and won a header in the box the crowd gasped as though unable to believe that we had a player that tall!

GR certainly needs to buy some ''bigger'' players though to offset the Hoolahan''s and Pattison''s. Perhaps if/when Fozzy ships out then we could get a midfielder of the size/quality of Papa Bopa Diop to drive us forward.