Sign in to follow this  
DH

Only 1 more signing?

I see on BBC that Abbey could be on his way to Boston for one months trial? I think with the current squad we could give a new striker a miss until Christmas and see how we get on. We''ve several players that play striker or can play striker. By then NW will know whether Abbey is upto scratch and if he''s getting regular football for Boston that will help his cause. I think the only other signing will be a defender. Who? Who knows? Do you think Steeno will come back?

Good spot regarding the Abbey one on the Boston homepage. If he does go out on loan (highly likely to get confidence and match fitness level up), you would be pretty confident of us getting in a 6ft striker even if its not a great one. It will get a bit worrying if sven gets injured as our likely formation and tactics will be based around fast counters from the 3 attacking players - Huckerby, Bentley and Jonsson, with balls being whipped into the box for the big man. Also, if we are under the cosh, the long ball to sven is likely to be used

Central defender is the final piece of the jigsaw, for the start of the season at least. Maybe more in jan transfer window depending on form, injuries etc.
At the mo we''re a bit lacking in height at youth! it''s easy to see now why NW was so keen on Primus. It would have completed a summer of signings for us.
We certainly don''t need steeno back. Good tho he was, right back is not a position where we need cover! Helveg, Edworthy, Charlton, Holt (in that order).

Which has made me think, we have so much flexibility in the side now - that is the key. Look at all the cover we have. Nearly all the players can play in 2 or 3 different positions.

GK - Green, Gallacher, Ward
RB - as above
LB - Drury, Brennan, Shackell
CB - Fleming, Charlton, Mackay, Shackell (this is the one area where we are lacking)
CM - Holt, Francis, Safri, Mulryne
RM - Huckerby, Johnson, Bentley, McVeigh, Jarvis, Helveg, Henderson
LM - Huckerby, Bentley, Johnson, McVeigh, Brennan, Henderson
F - Huckerby, Svensson, McKenzie, Bentley, Jarvis, McVeigh

Have i missed anyone?!