Sign in to follow this  
silver fox

Neil Adams defends 4-5-1 at home - Roeder says we must stand up like men not babies

I cannot believe that Neil Adams actually came on the radio after the game today and defended playing 4-5-1 at home because it worked against Ipswich.  I didn''t see the Forest home game highlights against Doncaster, but I am guessing that Doncaster didn''t play a lone striker.

I was able to listen to Adam''s comments because for the first time in 49 years of watching Norwich City, I left the ground before the end of the game.  We were playing a team today who let in four at home on Friday, and Roeder decided to play a pixie behind Lita.  We didn''t even have a recognised striker on the bench.

I also listened to the inspirational comments from Roeder after the match, that they have to stand up like men and not babies.  The sooner Roeder leaves the better because it was  his responsibility to put out the best team on the pitch today, and to motivate his players, and he failed on both counts.

The reason it worked against Ipswich is because they came here to play proper football.

The games we''ve looked good in, Birmingham, Wolves, Ipswich etc are those were the opposition have tried to get the ball down and attack. The players we have just don''t seem to like playing struggling sides that will battle for everything.

See how they like playing away at the likes of Leyton Orient next season! Oh wait, most of them won''t still be here!

[quote user="silver fox"]

I cannot believe that Neil Adams actually came on the radio after the game today and defended playing 4-5-1 at home [/quote]

Neil adams works for the club... he will not bite the hand that feeds him.. he''d support a front 2 of Marshall and Nelson if he had too...

replace him with someone who has a passion for the club but isn''t associated with it anymore.. someone who the fans respect..a Iwan or a Flemmo.... then we might hear the truth a little bit more.

jas:)

Its not a defensive 451 though. Croft and Hoolahan are not defensive players, so the flip side of the coin it could be 4321.

The pessimists will look at it as defensive no doubt.

Also if THAT team was good enough to beat the scum is it Roeders fault it didnt today?