Sign in to follow this  
The Colonel

David Marshall

What are peoples opinions on his guy?

In my opinion his shot stopping is very good, he has made some awesome saves for us, the one on one against ipswich, the save against Charlton spring to mind.

But for me he is not vocal enough, this was apparent a couple of times today, in the first half when semmy was waiting for him to come and he was waiting for semmy to pass it back to him, and in the second half when doc passed it to Earnie, surely there should be certain calls the keeper should make so the defender knows. e.g. "away" then as soon as the defender hears that he knows to get rid straight! If that had happened today then doherty could have booted it for a coner/throw.

His throwing (lack of) gets a lot of stick but to be fair to him i think a lot of the time it would put the player under pressure in his own half and isnt worth it, having said this there are occasions when he should throw it and doesnt!

Imo he should have saved the second goal today, once Clingan had got a toe on the ball, he should have been out and dived at the players feet and he would have smothered it but he started to come and then stopped giving the striker the goal to aim at

brilliant could easily play in premiership only distrubution needs to be worked on. he is very vocal actually however he is not loud. i dont think he can shout that loud. he screams at the players but i can only just hear him sitting behind him in the barclay.

i was 3 rows back in the barclay today and when doc passed it to earnie, marshall clearly shouted " doc doc doc" calling for the back pass, i felt sorry for doc it was marshalls call   and he made doc look like a prize pleb.. the rest of the ground  were probably moaning at doc and applauding marshall for getting him out of the sh1t, i thought doc was at times  playing forest on his own today at the back   it was a disgrace