Sign in to follow this  
 Green and Yellow

Even if

In his interview GR said something along the lines of there is not the money to get him on a permanent deal, but that they will try for a 6 month loan.  So we wait again.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]In his interview GR said something along the lines of there is not the money to get him on a permanent deal, but that they will try for a 6 month loan.  So we wait again.[/quote]

I don''t see how Reading would agree to that,as he can leave on a Bosman in the summer. If someone makes an offer they will sell him in January.

TBH after what I saw today, we need to prioritise sorting out the defence before we worry about the strikers!

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]In his interview GR said something along the lines of there is not the money to get him on a permanent deal, but that they will try for a 6 month loan.  So we wait again.[/quote]

I don''t see how Reading would agree to that,as he can leave on a Bosman in the summer. If someone makes an offer they will sell him in January.

TBH after what I saw today, we need to prioritise sorting out the defence before we worry about the strikers!

[/quote]

Both would be good but very unlikely to happen.  So gather you weren''t too impressed today then Beauseant?

Why would Reading loan him out for the final 6 months of his contract, when he will then just walk away for nothing - rather than cashing in next week.

Agree with OP though, he isn''t gonna jump on a sinking ship.

[quote user="We Want Worthy Back"]Why would Reading loan him out for the final 6 months of his contract, when he will then just walk away for nothing - rather than cashing in next week. Agree with OP though, he isn''t gonna jump on a sinking ship.[/quote]

Who knows, I was just repeating what GR has said.

Besides which he was playing regular football at NC, which keeps him fit and also keeps him in the shop window so to speak!  Better to be playing regular first team football than sitting on a bench surely?

[quote user="We Want Worthy Back"]Why would Reading loan him out for the final 6 months of his contract, when he will then just walk away for nothing - rather than cashing in next week. Agree with OP though, he isn''t gonna jump on a sinking ship.[/quote]

Precisely. Shows what Glenn Roeder knows. They will sell him for a tenner before they loan him out...

Agree it would be in his interests - but just don''t see what Reading get out of it.

Assume we would have to pay a loan fee, but doubt there would be a lack of a buyer anyway.

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

Ok, but you do realise that our second top goalscorer at the minute is a certain player called "Own Goals" on 6? I can''t help thinking back to the fact that for an extra 200 grand or so we could have had a certain Martin Taylor playing central defence. Wonder if he would have helped?