Sign in to follow this  
ncfcstar

I'll Hold My Hands Up

At the start of this season I was looking forward to mid table obscurity, a season of building and not much else. I have been a fan of Roeder yes, I''m not ashamed to admit it, and I honestly thought he would be the man to get us out of this mess, but after todays performance I hold my hands up and just don''t know where this club is going.

This match, clearly to any person with an iota of a braincell, was a must win, a win and we would be 8 points ahead of Forest, that is a big gap to close. But the players offered NOTHING, i''ve calmed down slightly since the end of the match, but they literally offered nothing. In the first half we created a few chances, but hardly anything to trouble Camp. The two Forest goals were simply disgusting, the first both centre backs got dragged over to the corner flag and left the Forest player with no option but to score. The second the ball was through and with a football pitch seemingly empty around the Forest player if he hadn''t of scored it would be a travesty. Omozusi was at fault for both of these goals, in fact the was absolutely SHOCKING throughout the whole game and looked like he quite simply didn''t want to be there.

The players were quite rightly booed, this is probably the worst performance I have seen for a very long time. In the second half we were still terrible, and offered something for about 10 minutes before and after our first goal. Then another shocking error leads to Earnshaw scoring, and then we get a flukey own goal, which was the best goal of the game.

4-5-1 was not working, and was literally 4-5-1, Lita was isolated up front, and Roeder should have changed to 4-4-2 before he did. When Sibierski came on at least we offered something different and he scared the Forest defence. Without him up front we could have played for 900 minutes and not scored a goal.

I think the best way to sum up the game is through player ratings:

Marshall - 5 - Looked dodgy today, pulled off some good saves and was exposed by his defence a ridiculous amount of times. I feel a bit sorry for him really.

Bertrand - 4 - Offered very little, not attacking, not defensive, so what the hell was he.

Otsemobor - 3 - He didn''t have a clue today, it''s a simple as that.

Doherty - 6 - Made a couple of huge errors towards the end, but by then it didn''t matter was otherwise average.

Omozusi - 1 - He put in quite simply one of the worst performances a City player has put in for ages. Disgusting.

Bell - 4 - Nothing, poor delivery, rubbish.

Croft - 7 - At least he put some bloomin effort in, and looked slightly creative.

Clingan - 6 - Just average really, didn''t do much wrong.

Pattison - 5 - Average again.

Hoolahan - 6 - I feel a bit sorry for him really, I can understand why people get on his back, but he could be a great player for us, he is a confidence player playing in a team with no confidence.

Lita - 7 - Put himself about, but poor guy had no support. I bet he is delighted to be getting out of here.

SUBS:

Russell - 6 - A bit of bite, but not much else

Sibierski - 7 - I was impressed by the fact that he actually looked slightly bothered, and he offered us something different.

------------------------------------------------------------

Overall I was disgusted by this performance, and angry that Roeder didn''t change to 4-4-2 and actually attack a team who was in 23rd place before this match. The team looked unmotivated, and quite simply had no passion, as was stated on Canary Call.

In a way I feel sorry for Roeder, but I don''t know if he is now the man for our team. Can he motivate them out of a relegation fight, I just don''t know. I want him to succeed, but I just don''t think he can now. The problem? He hasn''t had the money to create a permanent team with committed players.

The solution? We need money and investment ASAP, it''s all well and good Delia sitting in her seat taking the applause for helping us over the last few years. Fair enough, but if she isn''t going to put significant money into the club now it is time for her to go. A majority shareholder is an investor, who needs to constantly invest, not just sit and twiddle their thumbs, knowing that the average fan will adore her. Delia needs to sort it out. I don''t care if she gets nothing for her shares anymore, but we need money.

Roeder, well if he can''t motivate our players anymore then he needs to be off, I feel sorry for him, but perhaps it''s time for him to be off as well.

In short, we were terrible, disgustingly bad, and it is now time for Delia, or the board to seriously consider their position. Otherwise we will slip into a relegation battle, and not be able to fight our way out of it, and the atmosphere at Carrow Road will become more and more poisonous.

Disgusting.

Excellent post, mate, and I agree with all you say. This afternoon was embarrassing, to say the least. we looked like we didn''t care, with a couple of interceptions, and the only issue was how many we''d eventually lose by. They did to us what we did to the scum, ie compete for everything and get two or three players around the man on the ball. They actually beat us through desire as much as anything. I can take being outplayed but not outfought. What we saw today was a surrender.

To add to this, what we need is pace and power. A big man with experience up front, someone like Ben Burgess at Blackpool maybe? And pace all around. We are so slow and laborious it''s beyond me.

[quote user="ncfcstar"]At the start of this season I was looking forward to mid table obscurity, a season of building and not much else. I have been a fan of Roeder yes, I''m not ashamed to admit it, and I honestly thought he would be the man to get us out of this mess, but after todays performance I hold my hands up and just don''t know where this club is going. This match, clearly to any person with an iota of a braincell, was a must win, a win and we would be 8 points ahead of Forest, that is a big gap to close. But the players offered NOTHING, i''ve calmed down slightly since the end of the match, but they literally offered nothing. In the first half we created a few chances, but hardly anything to trouble Camp. The two Forest goals were simply disgusting, the first both centre backs got dragged over to the corner flag and left the Forest player with no option but to score. The second the ball was through and with a football pitch seemingly empty around the Forest player if he hadn''t of scored it would be a travesty. Omozusi was at fault for both of these goals, in fact the was absolutely SHOCKING throughout the whole game and looked like he quite simply didn''t want to be there. The players were quite rightly booed, this is probably the worst performance I have seen for a very long time. In the second half we were still terrible, and offered something for about 10 minutes before and after our first goal. Then another shocking error leads to Earnshaw scoring, and then we get a flukey own goal, which was the best goal of the game. 4-5-1 was not working, and was literally 4-5-1, Lita was isolated up front, and Roeder should have changed to 4-4-2 before he did. When Sibierski came on at least we offered something different and he scared the Forest defence. Without him up front we could have played for 900 minutes and not scored a goal. I think the best way to sum up the game is through player ratings: Marshall - 5 - Looked dodgy today, pulled off some good saves and was exposed by his defence a ridiculous amount of times. I feel a bit sorry for him really. Bertrand - 4 - Offered very little, not attacking, not defensive, so what the hell was he. Otsemobor - 3 - He didn''t have a clue today, it''s a simple as that. Doherty - 6 - Made a couple of huge errors towards the end, but by then it didn''t matter was otherwise average. Omozusi - 1 - He put in quite simply one of the worst performances a City player has put in for ages. Disgusting. Bell - 4 - Nothing, poor delivery, rubbish. Croft - 7 - At least he put some bloomin effort in, and looked slightly creative. Clingan - 6 - Just average really, didn''t do much wrong. Pattison - 5 - Average again. Hoolahan - 6 - I feel a bit sorry for him really, I can understand why people get on his back, but he could be a great player for us, he is a confidence player playing in a team with no confidence. Lita - 7 - Put himself about, but poor guy had no support. I bet he is delighted to be getting out of here. SUBS: Russell - 6 - A bit of bite, but not much else Sibierski - 7 - I was impressed by the fact that he actually looked slightly bothered, and he offered us something different. ------------------------------------------------------------ Overall I was disgusted by this performance, and angry that Roeder didn''t change to 4-4-2 and actually attack a team who was in 23rd place before this match. The team looked unmotivated, and quite simply had no passion, as was stated on Canary Call. In a way I feel sorry for Roeder, but I don''t know if he is now the man for our team. Can he motivate them out of a relegation fight, I just don''t know. I want him to succeed, but I just don''t think he can now. The problem? He hasn''t had the money to create a permanent team with committed players. The solution? We need money and investment ASAP, it''s all well and good Delia sitting in her seat taking the applause for helping us over the last few years. Fair enough, but if she isn''t going to put significant money into the club now it is time for her to go. A majority shareholder is an investor, who needs to constantly invest, not just sit and twiddle their thumbs, knowing that the average fan will adore her. Delia needs to sort it out. I don''t care if she gets nothing for her shares anymore, but we need money. Roeder, well if he can''t motivate our players anymore then he needs to be off, I feel sorry for him, but perhaps it''s time for him to be off as well. In short, we were terrible, disgustingly bad, and it is now time for Delia, or the board to seriously consider their position. Otherwise we will slip into a relegation battle, and not be able to fight our way out of it, and the atmosphere at Carrow Road will become more and more poisonous. Disgusting.[/quote]

excellent post, agree with just about all of it.

as long as you weren''t being ironic? [8-)]

WELL DEARY ME NCFC STAR...........you have seen the light and joined the ranks..........you belittled my letter to the club (Mr Munby or is it Mumby) only a short three weeks ago.....but I won''t gloat.......Good post mate!

oh give him a break porkyp, it probably took a lot for him to own up and accept what is going on at the club, he like all of us are hurting at the state of Norwich and you''re mockery of him holding his hands up is a little unfair

Totally agree

untill you say about the lack of money. He''s had more money than many sides way above us in the league, our £8 Million wage bill i reckon is probably double that of many sides, yet we claim we are broke. We maybe, but we still have put more into our playing budget than our performances show. I''m lead to believe weve wasted £1 Million in total on Lupoli, someone who isnt phyical enough apparantly, Message to GR: you know his shape and style before signing him). Then theres Sibierski''s wages for 5 months;  you could pay 3 Burnley 1st choice players for that. We arent rich, we arent going to compete financially with some big clubs in this league, but do me a favour, we should be competing and are (financially) with the Burnleys and the prestons, dont forget the mighty swansa and plymouth....we deserves so much better!

financially i think Roeder has made a mess, no wonder our wage bill is so high, he gets in top class players like Sibierski and Lupoli and Lita, as well as Henville, Omozusi, Bertrand and Kennedy who are probably on a hell of a lot more wages than our own players. In return to sends Cureton, Chadwick, Martin and Spillage (Cureton the only one on a good wage with us I imagine) on loan thinking it will even up matters.

I would much rather see this accumulated money spent on a couple of cheap players from championship or league 1, Glenn clearly has a good eye for a lower league player, Bell, Clingan, Hoolahan have all contributed this season.

It''s a tricky situation this though, without the loans we would have been relegated already, although now as a result their extreme wages are costing us big time in the long run.

Agree with everything you''ve said NCFC star especially about Burgess (who I said at the time was the best target man I''ve seen at CR this season). Only thing I don''t agree with is that I think you''ve been generous on the team today.

I apologise Fellas, perhaps I didn''t get enough disgustings in lol, don''t get me wrong we were absolutely terrible today.