Sign in to follow this  
The Great Wall Of Tettey

why get on the backs of the players you dont like ??

why is it that when players like croft or otsemobor missplace a pass its ok, but then when players like bertand or pattison missplace a ball the crowd get on there backs ?? its your opinion if you dont like a player, but theres no need to show frustration if a player you dislike does something wrong ?

what does matty pattison have to do to be liked by the fans ? hes got potential at only 22, and he does more than the fans think. hes one of the only players who makes an effort to get into the box for crosses. He didnt even have a bad game today, but is still disliked for the fans, you need to give the lad a chance......

I think the fans let Croft off because he does more right than wrong, and in fairness he has had a HELL of a lot of stick this season for no shots, no goals, no crosses, can''t cross when he tries, now he has things sorted he has been doing the good things more often than the bad.

Otsemobor has had a poor seasons overall, for 3 or so games now in a row he has played the ball safe to Croft, gotten forward very little and defended averagely. Likewise with Bertrand, he has had a poor season and Drury did better in the Charlton game. How long can you give a player to sort his game out? Surely they deserve a bit of stick for consistently playing poor football...

Pattison however is an odd one, I am a huge pattison fan, I think he offers more attacking threat than any other midfielder we have, his long shot can be hugely threatening and he has scored a couple this season. I think he just suffers from major inconsistency. But as you say, he is 22, and that is often forgotten about patty because he looks a lot older.

[quote user="Lincs CR"]I think the fans let Croft off because he does more right than wrong, and in fairness he has had a HELL of a lot of stick this season for no shots, no goals, no crosses, can''t cross when he tries, now he has things sorted he has been doing the good things more often than the bad. Otsemobor has had a poor seasons overall, for 3 or so games now in a row he has played the ball safe to Croft, gotten forward very little and defended averagely. Likewise with Bertrand, he has had a poor season and Drury did better in the Charlton game. How long can you give a player to sort his game out? Surely they deserve a bit of stick for consistently playing poor football... Pattison however is an odd one, I am a huge pattison fan, I think he offers more attacking threat than any other midfielder we have, his long shot can be hugely threatening and he has scored a couple this season. I think he just suffers from major inconsistency. But as you say, he is 22, and that is often forgotten about patty because he looks a lot older.[/quote]

i completley agree.

i was not a croft fan at the start of the season, and his crossing is still not up to standard, but hes a definate threat with his pace and skill.

otsemobor knows hes the only right back, so if hes lazy hes not going to get dropped, wheres nobody to replace him, whereas when omosuzi first joined he was playing well as pressure was on him.

im too a fan of pattison and i agree with all your points on him, i think he will only improve, and if he gets a little more pace, he can be a very good player...

its bad to write on your own post, but was a super response !

interesting point about Omozusi, it seems the only way to get Jon playing to his best is to drop him and have Omo play there, I think the sooner we get a strong center back in (Martin Taylor? I wish...) then we can start to play Omo are right back again and put pressure on them both to perform to their best.

I think Pattison has a great future ahead of him, a friend of mine from Univeristy is a Newcastle fan and was impressed with his entrance in the Newcastle team until he chopped the ginger mop off, then things fell apart with him. However he has watched the away to forest match, and the local derby on Sky Sports with me and said he has never seen Pattison play so well and he has improved hugely over a matter of 2 seasons.

Lets hope he can continue to mature and get consistent 90 minute performances, then we could have a very promising player on our books.