Sign in to follow this  
rocky marshall

Glenn Roeder - Master Illusionist

The art of the illusionist is to make you think you are seeing something that is not actually there, or make you believe something has happened, when in fact in actually hasnt!

We lose, blame the referee; or the strikers; or the defenders; or the injuries; or the sending offs; or penalties!

Or perhaps when you put a run of bad results together - Blame Peter Grant! Yeah, you know the line 8 points...November... Worst Squad... etc etc...No one could have done it but me!

However the counter argument is we lost with poor tactics; poor team selections & substitutions; lack of discipline; lack of football intelligence; poor players; poor management or from time to time,

A BETTER OPPOSTION and A BETTER MANAGER employing WINNING TACTICS (like using strikers - its so 90s dont you know!!)

So dont be caught out like Goreham and Co. are every week when Glenn gives them the old Razzle Dazzle - the truth is there for most of us to see. This is a tired act that needs to be hooked offstage - NOW!

Agree but in defence of Goreham and CO they can only say so much on radio and I''m sure like most others connected with our club deep down they probably think that Roeders a useless CU*T as well!

Roeder out now!

Rocky, it''s just more of the same old, same old isn''t it? We have been here so many times and no doubt will do it all again with the next manager.

Excuses, reasons, valid points - all subjective and everyone has a different opinion.

The facts remain. We lost against one of our relegation rivals. At home, with (and I haven''t heard any different from Roeder) his first choice full team out there. The heroes, the players who are going to change this club for the better.

Roeder can pull out any excuse under the sun, the ref, the penalties, the pitch, colds (sorry man flu), the opposition, not enough time to prepare, the transfer window, whatever.

Facts are - he''s been here long enough to know what his best team is. That team was on the pitch yesterday. As in many games this season they just wandered around clueless. I am still convinced most of them haven''t a clue what position/tactics they are supposed to be employing, and of course it''s that time of year. Christmas. Time to blame the old turkey/mince pies/parties etc.

I don''t blame Goreham and co. They are asking questions, but what''s the point? We could all see that Roeder doesn''t have the answers. Forest did (without a manager). Perhaps that is the answer.

Well he''s no illusionist to me,

I and most others saw through him early doors, his CV showed no evidence of any great magic and it''s therefore no great surprise that he has led,(dragged) our Club to it''s current dire situation. He has lived up to his billing, a second grade act.

Why are we all so surprised. He has a track record of being a one season wonder. Gillingham Watford, West Ham, Newcastle. I think I''m right in saying he had a reasonsable first season in charge (with inherited players) and then a second season of disaster (with his own players and backroom boys). What we haven''t heard too much of in all the talk of his second season failure is his arrogant attitude. I wonder if supporters of other teams could confirm that the worse his team played the more arrogant he became and the more he harped back to his personal problems (with which we all sympathise of course) telling us that there are more important things in life than football as we slip nearer and nearer to the drop. His latest "lesson in life" in todays EDP says that men stand up and babies lay down and get counted out and carried out of the ring. Where are we going with that one - baby boxing matches at half time?

Give it a rest  Glenn. We''d rather hear Lee Croft/Gary Docherty/Daryl Russell/Adam Drury telling us what wonderful fans/mugs we are and that we deserve better and that "the lads are as gutted as the supporters" etc. I''ll bet they could hardly see through the tears to put the key in the massive Black Ranger Rover after the game.....

I wanted Newell at the time but didnt realise he actually got interviewed...  I''m gutted!  He is a great tactician and with Mick Harford at Luton formed a great team with Harford as the enforcer and motivator.

The only reason he hasn''t got a bigger job than Grimsby is that he was so vocal about the corruption in football and then made some ''choice'' comments about the female assistant ref so his stock went down in the press... 

Bring him in and he wouldn''t need cash, he could take the team we have got and give them the right system to thrive.