Sign in to follow this  
Polar

ROEDER IN!

Yes, Roeder in, those of you who''ve just read that and gone all horrified and are going to start going on about sheep and turnips and other useless unintelligent comments just don''t bother.We can''t keep changing our manager, we got rid of worthy, got Grant, got rid of Grant and got Roeder who saved us from Relegation. Interesting we''re not at the bottom of the league, or even in the relegation places unlike last season when we were bottom and cut adrift by October. Our team already has the marks of all three managers, Croft, Doc and Drury from the Worthy Era, Marshall, Ostemobor, Russell and fozzy from Grants lot and then the rest from Roeders. Changing again is a complete waste, Roeder needs to time to tinker and get it right instead of bringing in a new manager with a new style of play and then needing different types of players. Changing managers every season doesn''t work, Spurs, Bolton and Blackburn for example all have gone through various managerial changes in recent seasons and haven''t got anywhere, Chelsea haven''t exactly looked world beaters since getting rid of Mourinhio despite Av Grant papering over the cracks, leicester changed every couple of monthes and that did no good. I could carry on but the point is Roeder is a decent manager and has improved us, we won''t have instant success, he hasn''t said he wants to win the league this season like Grant did but he said he wants to improve the team and hes doing that and so long as the board back him as they backed worthy then i think he will continue to improve us.Alot of our relegation rivals (i don''t believe we will be relegated come May but hey ho) have changed managers, Southampton brought in those two people no ones heard of at the beginning of the season, Watford went for some Chelsea reserve coach very few have heard of,  and Charlton haven''t found anyone, blackpool have lost a manager through no fault of their own and Forest have got rid of Calderwood. Whats the point in getting rid of Roeder now when 3 other clubs in this division will be deludedly going for Curbishley, trying to get Boothroyd who had a one season wonder in a Cureton style or going for Ince who was like a rabbit in the headlights in the prem. No point in sacking Roeder, he hasn''t lived up to fans deluded dreams of instant turnaround and hasn''t made us a top of the table team yet, but hes laying the foundations and we''re not in relegation zones yet (yes yes yes relegation form i know just like 7 or 8 other teams all trying to drop into the bottom 3) and much better off than last season.

ROEDER IN!

Agree we can''t keep changing our manager, I hate it, but lets be realistic, its not working with Roeder, way to many inept decisions and we look like we face a big stuggle to stay up!

Look at the performance of Russell today. The guy has a lot of affinity with our club and is renowned for his highly competitive and physical play but he didn''t look interested!

My expectations are certainly not deluded when it comes to Norwich City. I think that the club has the potential to be a top 10 Premiership club but I certainly don''t expect things to happen overnight. What I did expect this season was an improvement on last season, a mid table season where we wern''t looking over our shoulders at the drop and an indication that something was being built that would provide us with an excellent foundation on which will slowly but surely get back to being a side competing in the top 10 of the Championship and a regular top flight club. - This is so obviously not happening!

If your happy with the way we''re going under Roeder and having to watch totally inept performances like todays against a very poor Forest side then your very easily pleased and won''t mind seeing the club in the 3rd flight for the 1st time in nearly 49 years!

If in 4 matches time we are sitting in the bottom with with 1 point from 4 matches and looking dead certs to go down... you would still keep him? You would risk going to league 1 for the long term future of the club? Give me a break

Its your opinion and your fully entitled to it but i just dont agree.Mistakes have been made by this clown that have contributed to our current position. Main ones being as follows.1. The Huckerby disaster, followed by starting a season with a team completely devoid of any players capable of producing and end product, ie goals or goalscoring opportunites. Something that was Huckerbys entire game. A Huckerby who clearly wasnt finished a his fitness and form at San Jose this season has proved (and before anyone starts shouting ''its the MLS'', the MLS is good enough for Beckham, Capello, England and 1000''s of england fans, so it should be good enough for Huckerby, Roeder and NCFC).2. The signings of Hoolahan and Bell and subsequent absolute and complete failure to understand their best positions and thus fitting them into the team accordingly, making them almost redundant signings.3. The defence, which on todays showing is the truly the worst defence in the entire Championship. How a team 2nd from bottom can come to ''Fortress Carrow Road'' and score 3 goals is a joke. The selling of Shackell, who would have made a very good backup defender when we needed him (which is now) and the signings of an injury prone 34 yr old Stefanovic and injury plagued sick note John Kennedy (a player who had just had 3 yrs out of the game with a knee injury) both of which are now resigned to Norwich City history, thus leaving us in the current predicament of only having 1 recognised centre back at the club. Coupled with the repeated persistence of playing a clearly out of form Ryan Bertrand ahead of Drury.4 . The loan signing of Antoine Siberski who has contributed nothing and has been a complete waste of money.5. The failure to replace Dion Dublin or Darren Huckerby.6. The signing of Lupoli, only to then make the statement that he''s too lightweight for the Championship, even tho his goals per minutes ratio is equal if not better to Lita.7. The man management of Jamie Cureton, who player who scored 16 odd goals for us last season, for a team bottom of the league for the most part.I could go on but the list of managerial mistakes by Roeder is endless and continues game to game.Drury dropped after a clean sheet and win v Charlton, there''s another one.Roeder out, for all our sakes.

Whilst I agree we need stability- A change of manager might JUST save us this season which could rescue our long term future.

The sad truth is that playing without strikers is delusional. Leaving Lupoli in no mans land when a team cannot score is bordering on insanity.

Facing up to the bottom side with just one man up front and a pint ize threat behind him is pointless.

All those facts come back to GR. NOT |GOOD ENOUGH

[quote user="the artist formerly known as VIYAG"]

Whilst I agree we need stability- A change of manager might JUST save us this season which could rescue our long term future.

The sad truth is that playing without strikers is delusional. Leaving Lupoli in no mans land when a team cannot score is bordering on insanity.

Facing up to the bottom side with just one man up front and a pint ize threat behind him is pointless.

[/quote]Excellent points, points 8, 9 and 10 on my list of Roeders Managerial Mistakes...

Roeder bemoans that teh team is too small and then signs pattison, lupoli, lita, hoolahan, betrand, clingan, koroma - his choices on how to use the 8thlargets budget in this league

Roeder bemoans a lack of confidence;  and then proceeds to destroy what is left in the strikers by playing inept midfielders instead or signing more and more strikers ahead of the ones he has signed;  when one (lupoli) shows signs of scoring he criticses and drops him.

Roeder has no ability to motivate the players - it seems they play when the deem the game big enough.

What impact is he having?

I agree that we can not continue changing managers - but if roeder goes then for me he does not go alone.  The team apathy is his and the players joint responsibility. On that basis we are left with maybe drury, doc and croft for the remainder of the season. 

There has to be alternatives,  but things do look v grim tonight. 

A further point on the 451, one striker vs a team bottom of the league in disarray, at home.Swansea at home we started with Lupoli and Lita up front, they ran Swansea''s defence ragged for the first 20 mins and for the first time all season we had genuine pace and attacking threat up front, Lupoli duly scored within 20 mins, and that was the last weve seen of him and that partnership.We then encountered the debacle of the 4-6-0 formation and now the 4 5 1, which only works against better teams who attack us and thus enable us to play a counter attacking style. It simply doesnt work against teams who come to Carrow Road with only a point in mind and who shut up shop from the first minute and defend from the off.A lot of teams have done that at Carrow Road this season, and it has won them games. Weve been undone tactically by several teams who have come here, played the away team keep it tight for the first 45 mins, get the home crowd on the home teams back, thus forcing them to go gung ho, and picking us off with well timed counters. As Forest did today, and every other team that has come to Carrow Road and won this season.

[quote user="Barclayman"]A further point on the 451, one striker vs a team bottom of the league in disarray, at home.Swansea at home we started with Lupoli and Lita up front, they ran Swansea''s defence ragged for the first 20 mins and for the first time all season we had genuine pace and attacking threat up front, Lupoli duly scored within 20 mins, and that was the last weve seen of him and that partnership.We then encountered the debacle of the 4-6-0 formation and now the 4 5 1, which only works against better teams who attack us and thus enable us to play a counter attacking style. It simply doesnt work against teams who come to Carrow Road with only a point in mind and who shut up shop from the first minute and defend from the off.A lot of teams have done that at Carrow Road this season, and it has won them games. Weve been undone tactically by several teams who have come here, played the away team keep it tight for the first 45 mins, get the home crowd on the home teams back, thus forcing them to go gung ho, and picking us off with well timed counters. As Forest did today, and every other team that has come to Carrow Road and won this season.[/quote]You can also add:> Troy Archibald-Henvillegate> Changing the captaincy on a game by game basis> Persevering with Fotheringham> Arrogance and inability to admit mistakes

[quote user="Polar"]Yes, Roeder in, those of you who''ve just read that and gone all horrified and are going to start going on about sheep and turnips and other useless unintelligent comments just don''t bother.

We can''t keep changing our manager, we got rid of worthy, got Grant, got rid of Grant and got Roeder who saved us from Relegation. Interesting we''re not at the bottom of the league, or even in the relegation places unlike last season when we were bottom and cut adrift by October. Our team already has the marks of all three managers, Croft, Doc and Drury from the Worthy Era, Marshall, Ostemobor, Russell and fozzy from Grants lot and then the rest from Roeders. Changing again is a complete waste, Roeder needs to time to tinker and get it right instead of bringing in a new manager with a new style of play and then needing different types of players. Changing managers every season doesn''t work, Spurs, Bolton and Blackburn for example all have gone through various managerial changes in recent seasons and haven''t got anywhere, Chelsea haven''t exactly looked world beaters since getting rid of Mourinhio despite Av Grant papering over the cracks, leicester changed every couple of monthes and that did no good. I could carry on but the point is Roeder is a decent manager and has improved us, we won''t have instant success, he hasn''t said he wants to win the league this season like Grant did but he said he wants to improve the team and hes doing that and so long as the board back him as they backed worthy then i think he will continue to improve us.

Alot of our relegation rivals (i don''t believe we will be relegated come May but hey ho) have changed managers, Southampton brought in those two people no ones heard of at the beginning of the season, Watford went for some Chelsea reserve coach very few have heard of,  and Charlton haven''t found anyone, blackpool have lost a manager through no fault of their own and Forest have got rid of Calderwood. Whats the point in getting rid of Roeder now when 3 other clubs in this division will be deludedly going for Curbishley, trying to get Boothroyd who had a one season wonder in a Cureton style or going for Ince who was like a rabbit in the headlights in the prem.

No point in sacking Roeder, he hasn''t lived up to fans deluded dreams of instant turnaround and hasn''t made us a top of the table team yet, but hes laying the foundations and we''re not in relegation zones yet (yes yes yes relegation form i know just like 7 or 8 other teams all trying to drop into the bottom 3) and much better off than last season.

ROEDER IN!
[/quote]a well thought out post and you are welcome to your opinion...when do we sack GR???? when we are in div 1 because thats were we are heading under his management!!!!

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

Agree we can''t keep changing our manager, I hate it, but lets be realistic, its not working with Roeder, way to many inept decisions and we look like we face a big stuggle to stay up!

Look at the performance of Russell today. The guy has a lot of affinity with our club and is renowned for his highly competitive and physical play but he didn''t look interested!

My expectations are certainly not deluded when it comes to Norwich City. I think that the club has the potential to be a top 10 Premiership club but I certainly don''t expect things to happen overnight. What I did expect this season was an improvement on last season, a mid table season where we wern''t looking over our shoulders at the drop and an indication that something was being built that would provide us with an excellent foundation on which will slowly but surely get back to being a side competing in the top 10 of the Championship and a regular top flight club. - This is so obviously not happening!

If your happy with the way we''re going under Roeder and having to watch totally inept performances like todays against a very poor Forest side then your very easily pleased and won''t mind seeing the club in the 3rd flight for the 1st time in nearly 49 years!

[/quote]Sorry but how do you figure we have the potential to be a top 10 prem club???    Because we have 24k plus fans at each home game? Thats the only thing I can think of. But you need to consider that crowd sizes don''t mean we deserve success look at Newcastle, Leicester and Leeds. And Polar I completely agree great post.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Barclayman"]A further point on the 451, one striker vs a team bottom of the league in disarray, at home.

Swansea at home we started with Lupoli and Lita up front, they ran Swansea''s defence ragged for the first 20 mins and for the first time all season we had genuine pace and attacking threat up front, Lupoli duly scored within 20 mins, and that was the last weve seen of him and that partnership.

We then encountered the debacle of the 4-6-0 formation and now the 4 5 1, which only works against better teams who attack us and thus enable us to play a counter attacking style. It simply doesnt work against teams who come to Carrow Road with only a point in mind and who shut up shop from the first minute and defend from the off.

A lot of teams have done that at Carrow Road this season, and it has won them games. Weve been undone tactically by several teams who have come here, played the away team keep it tight for the first 45 mins, get the home crowd on the home teams back, thus forcing them to go gung ho, and picking us off with well timed counters. As Forest did today, and every other team that has come to Carrow Road and won this season.

[/quote]

You can also add:

> Troy Archibald-Henvillegate
> Changing the captaincy on a game by game basis
> Persevering with Fotheringham
> Arrogance and inability to admit mistakes

[/quote]

add ...
> Playing James Henry left wing on the end of a 13 game unbeaten run ...
> Refusing to notice Simon Lappin exists
> Signing Omar Koroma on loan (and most of the other loan players to that matter)
> (Following on from getting rid of Huckerby)... Letting it known after the game he was not going to get a renewned contract. Meaning he and the fans didn''t know it was his last game in yellow and green.

People said exactly the same with Ramos at Spurs - that sacking him wasn''t the right thing to do.

Can you afford to run the risk of relegation though? Look at the impact Redknapp has had there - we could learn something.

[quote user="Football 101"][quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

[/quote]

Sorry but how do you figure we have the potential to be a top 10 prem club???
   Because we have 24k plus fans at each home game? Thats the only thing I can think of. But you need to consider that crowd sizes don''t mean we deserve success look at Newcastle, Leicester and Leeds.

And Polar I completely agree great post.

[/quote]

I said POTENTIAL - I don''t think we have a god given right!

The potential is because like you said our huge support, the potential to increase the ground capacity and get even more, many non football income streams and a superb trainign ground facility in place. The only things we lack are wealthy bankrollers and a good enough football management!

Roeder OUT please! 

[quote user="the artist formerly known as VIYAG"]

[/quote]We can''t afford to sack Roeder, there isn''t anyone better around who is likely to want to manage us at the moment, and todays team was the very same line-up that beat Ipshiiit. So your argument about "Facing up to the bottom side with just one man up front and a pint (s)ize threat behind him is pointless" is actually nonesense.The issue with our club is the board and the desperate lack of money. Roeder is a decent enough manager given the right tools. No one gets everything right, and Roeder has made some iffy decisions, but on the whole is a better manager than Grant and probably Worthington as well (yeah yeah, jump on my back over that one, but Worthington had one great season and two decent seasons, and the football was average and when it went bad it went very very bad).Sack the board, get some investment and build from there. Thats my opinion.

I have to say I wasn''t surprised by today''s result. When you''re putting in decent performances but getting zilch out, it''s bound to take it''s toll (particularly after 3 games in a week). The real test will be to see if Roeder can motivate them again.What also matters is what he does in the transfer window. I still feel that if he can bring in 2 or 3 decent players then things could yet turn around. Competition for places is desperately needed - witness young Mr. Otsemobor today.This should be Roeder''s strength. If he does manage to acquire some quality & still cannot get the results, then I''m afraid it''s time to go.

good post, agreed completely!

hes said he has his plan, and is still yet to make the team his own.

hes getting us playing good football, brilliant at times (wolves,ipswich) but we just arent picking up enough points.

it will come eventually, i just hope it doesnt when its too late......

Polar - I kind of understand where you are coming from but the squad he has assembled finds itself just two points above the relegation places having taken just 9 points from the 30 available. Roeder tells us that the squad he inherited was the worst he has ever seen, this is the same squad that went on a 12 match unbeaten run. The best that the squad assembled by Roeder has achieved is a 3 match unbeaten run. The man himself only just recently tells us he expects us to improve and push on, just as he told us that the win against Ippo was the platform for a winning run, one win and four defeats later and look where we are. If Roeder is to take the praise for saving us, he has to take the criticism for our current run of form, personally I think his main problem is that he has his "favourites", he needs to start thinking of the club rather than his own ego.

Wolves was a one off, It was the worst Ipshxt team i have seen in 40 years, you all keep harping on about two freak results, please once again i ask, when can we expect this upturn, as for his plan, it must be the worst one ever.

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]

Polar - I kind of understand where you are coming from but the squad he has assembled finds itself just two points above the relegation places having taken just 9 points from the 30 available. Roeder tells us that the squad he inherited was the worst he has ever seen, this is the same squad that went on a 12 match unbeaten run. The best that the squad assembled by Roeder has achieved is a 3 match unbeaten run. The man himself only just recently tells us he expects us to improve and push on, just as he told us that the win against Ippo was the platform for a winning run, one win and four defeats later and look where we are. If Roeder is to take the praise for saving us, he has to take the criticism for our current run of form, personally I think his main problem is that he has his "favourites", he needs to start thinking of the club rather than his own ego.

[/quote]Yes some of those points are valid but we have had injuries and suspensions to disrupt the squad as well. I think with Kennedy and Stefanovic at the back for all this time and we would of had better results. The team needs to gel and we can''t do that with loanees, whether thats roeders fault or the boards fault is down to your own opinions. I have no problem with Roeder being criticised, all managers can be and will be criticised but all these calls for his head when hes improved us in terms of league position and quality of play. The favourites comment is interesting, Fozzy was a favourite last year but hes been dropped, those in the team at the minute i believe deserve to be, albeit Lupolis ommisons from the squad are strange i agree, but continuity is what we need. I don''t believe we will be relegated and that things will turn around so i''m happy to stick with Roeder.

Polar - I do not buy the injuries and suspensions arguement, as has already been pointed out on this thread, the team that started today was the same team that beat Ippo 2-0. Nutty Nigel jumped on me when I said that the defeat at Watford undid all the good work of that win (platform for the start of a winning run...), since that win against Ippo we have won one and lost four. I also find it interesting that Lupoli is out of favour, not because I think he should be in the team but because he is a player that Roeder brought in, and presumbly rated, instead of playing him we appear to be paying his wages to sit at home. I desperately want us to go on an unbeaten run, looking at the games to be played I (optimistically) reckon we will end up on 47 points, I am just hoping that there are three teams that will end up with less.

Barclayman (artist formerly known as Barclayboy)

Its your opinion and your fully entitled to it but i just dont agree.

Mistakes have been made by this clown that have contributed to our current position. Main ones being as follows.

1. The Huckerby disaster, followed by starting a season with a team completely devoid of any players capable of producing and end product, ie goals or goalscoring opportunites. Something that was Huckerbys entire game. A Huckerby who clearly wasnt finished a his fitness and form at San Jose this season has proved (and before anyone starts shouting ''its the MLS'', the MLS is good enough for Beckham, Capello, England and 1000''s of england fans, so it should be good enough for Huckerby, Roeder and NCFC).

2. The signings of Hoolahan and Bell and subsequent absolute and complete failure to understand their best positions and thus fitting them into the team accordingly, making them almost redundant signings.

3. The defence, which on todays showing is the truly the worst defence in the entire Championship. How a team 2nd from bottom can come to ''Fortress Carrow Road'' and score 3 goals is a joke. The selling of Shackell, who would have made a very good backup defender when we needed him (which is now) and the signings of an injury prone 34 yr old Stefanovic and injury plagued sick note John Kennedy (a player who had just had 3 yrs out of the game with a knee injury) both of which are now resigned to Norwich City history, thus leaving us in the current predicament of only having 1 recognised centre back at the club. Coupled with the repeated persistence of playing a clearly out of form Ryan Bertrand ahead of Drury.

4 . The loan signing of Antoine Siberski who has contributed nothing and has been a complete waste of money.

5. The failure to replace Dion Dublin or Darren Huckerby.

6. The signing of Lupoli, only to then make the statement that he''s too lightweight for the Championship, even tho his goals per minutes ratio is equal if not better to Lita.

7. The man management of Jamie Cureton, who player who scored 16 odd goals for us last season, for a team bottom of the league for the most part.

I could go on but the list of managerial mistakes by Roeder is endless and continues game to game.

Drury dropped after a clean sheet and win v Charlton, there''s another one.

Roeder out, for all our sakes.

This is Post of 2008 BarclayBoy

Spot on, i would just like to add to your summing up.

1) You sort of mentioned the Dublin thing; but it took Roeder 13 months to sign the targetman we were so desperately crying out for...Carl Cort come on down. It is a joke. Sibierski was hailed as a saviour, the missing piece of the jigsaw; thats the sibierski who likes playing off a striker and is pretty average in the air.

2) Drury, deserves more of a mention. He would get into the majority of sides in the league so why not us. As you quite rightly said he played v charlton, has done no wrong and is dropped for the obviously off form bertrand. Hypocritical nonsense.

3) We are apparantly financially poor, but yet have spend 8 million a year on wages, considerably more than many sides out performing us. I would suggest our wage bill is double many; and just look where Burnley, Preston, Plymouth, Swansea and Blackpool are in the league.

4) Roeders "small squad". Theres more names on our squad list then any side who have come to Carrow this season. The youngsters should either get a chance or be released, otherwise we have the pointless situation were now in. Glen seems to think 23 is the right age to get a go.....

...unless you come highly recommeneded from your mates at Arsenal, or a gambian source, or the highly respected damian commoli. Lupoli, Koroma and Troy take the spots of Martin and Spillane who would be cheap and certainly do no worse. Yes, its league two, but in a young side, in difficult circurmstances; Spillane is getting top reviews. Would Koroma or Troy set League Two alight at the moment, No they wouldnt.

5) EXCUSES

Bad luck, referees, bad luck, refereees, bad luck, referees, two games in 3 days, bad luck, referees, small squad, bad luck, referees

Had enough! How about try this one for size:

1) Lack of quality in front of goal, 2) Poor defenders who give away sloppy goals, 3) You have a squad full of players youve kept yet wont play; i.e your fault! 4) Nottiongham Forest also played on boxing day.

Great post, and people saying "look at the impact bladyblady blarr had" we have NO MONEY, SO FUCK OFF. I dont think they understand...

I would forgive all his mistakes - and there are many - because we are all human and any manager will make mistakes. And I firmly believe we have one of the better squads in this division.  No, the problem I fear is more basic and fundamental. Too many of the players do not like him, do not like playing for him and are not giving their best. Unforgiveable in a highly paid professional footballer perhaps - but they too are human. Roeder cannot motivate. We turned in a great performance against Wolves - the players wanted to show they were capable, as they are, of beating the best. Ditto v Ipswich - they all put in 100% for they knew the importance of the game and its impact on their own reputations it they flunked it, not to mention their awareness of the TV cameras.

Wasn''t there today but by all accounts 11 good footballers didn''t just play and lose, they played badly and lost. Against second rate opposition. A really inspiring Malky type captain would help - but sorry, Roeder has had much longer than Grant, had more funds than most managers in this division and made more changes than most managers: it is down to him. What makes anyone think it will change?

[quote user="Binky"]

I would forgive all his mistakes - and there are many - because we are all human and any manager will make mistakes. And I firmly believe we have one of the better squads in this division.  No, the problem I fear is more basic and fundamental. Too many of the players do not like him, do not like playing for him and are not giving their best. Unforgiveable in a highly paid professional footballer perhaps - but they too are human. Roeder cannot motivate. We turned in a great performance against Wolves - the players wanted to show they were capable, as they are, of beating the best. Ditto v Ipswich - they all put in 100% for they knew the importance of the game and its impact on their own reputations it they flunked it, not to mention their awareness of the TV cameras.

Wasn''t there today but by all accounts 11 good footballers didn''t just play and lose, they played badly and lost. Against second rate opposition. A really inspiring Malky type captain would help - but sorry, Roeder has had much longer than Grant, had more funds than most managers in this division and made more changes than most managers: it is down to him. What makes anyone think it will change?

[/quote]

I think you could be right about the players not liking Roeder, as I think that most people don''t!

The team just stood and watched Forest play around them for the 1st half an hour and I was shocked at the normally energetic, fully commited Russell give such a lame half hearted display when he came on. I was told before the game that Russell could be going in January?

[quote user="We Want Worthy Back"]People said exactly the same with Ramos at Spurs - that sacking him wasn''t the right thing to do.

Can you afford to run the risk of relegation though? Look at the impact Redknapp has had there - we could learn something.[/quote]yet today spurs are just two points from bottom, not all a bed of roses after the last few weeks under redknapp.............................