Sign in to follow this  
PhatCanary

I just can't carry on with this

[quote user="ncfcstar"]No, cheering a side putting in that performance is hypocritical. Of course I want them to play well, and like I said in my first post the crowd today gave them plenty of time to prove that they wanted to. But they didn''t, so you expect the majority to sit there and accept that? No they deserved to be booed.[/quote]

I want the majrity to stand up and cheer, unlike booing which will guarentee a lack of pride, grit and determination, so therefore answer this question... If you want a team to do well, and booing makes them worse... Is it the right thing to do? The clever thing to do? The pride of the club way to do it?

Well said Phat… pretty much summed up how I felt about today.It all became horribly clear for me today… relegation is horribly possible this season, and we will definitely go into the last tough games needing to win. Sadly under GR I don''t think we have the heart for it any more.And its not only his fault. This club is rotten from the top down.Maybe we need relegation, administration, the removal of all the highly paid under-achievers (save Doherty and Clingan), the removal of the board and start all over again.No Delia, no Doomcaster, No Roeder, No Loans… our own players and a few years learning to become a team again, both on and off the pitch. Cos all we are seeing (and have been seeing since promotion to the Prem) is total garbage - not worthy of our proud tradition.Bah f**king humbug

[quote user="ncfcstar"]Oh my god, do you know what bigot means. I''m talking about the disgusting words you were using, to describe people. Words that I can''t believe aren''t blocked on here. I have flipping pride in my club you imbecile, don''t question that. I am well within my rights to boo if I want, because I cheered for the first 45 minutes, but they were so shockingly rubbish they deserved to be booed. I''ve explained that. Yes it might make them upset, whatever, it couldn''t make them much worse than they were. They were terrible today, and I''ll support them through thick and thin, and cheer 99% of the time, but that 1% was today, and they deserved the boos. Don''t ever question my pride again you fool.[/quote]

Oh well, im young with the world and its words to explore, im sorry for offending you ma'' deary'', im just utterly disgraced by the team and some of the supporters, and i guess i took that out on you, but anyways, can you try not too boo the next game, see if it helps the players, one less booer could help...

Lets try the nice approach?

Look, you won''t change my mind about today, if they team serve up that dross, in my opinion, they deserve to be booed. I agree with your sentiment, that yes it doesn''t help the players, but they didn''t help themselves either today I''m sorry.

Max needs a time out,go to the naughty step, players get payed to play footbal and when they play as bad as the team did in the first half against Forest the fans that pay their wages are allowed to boo,clap or do what ever they want.

Max, you say you were at the game today? Then you would have noticed there was no boo, no chants until half time. There was impatient groans and yells from fans telling players to get stuck in, and so they did as the half went on, only to fall over and die again. What do you expect 25,000 impatient and VERY annoyed fans to do? To ask them all to stay silent is highly unrealistic, for the first time this season the players desperately deserved the jeers and boos they got.

We went 1-0 down, "On The Ball City" rolled around the ground as it always does when we concede, because we are proud, and because we would die for Norwich City and because we ALWAYS do our part, but when we get served such utter RUBBISH as they gave us for the whole first half, not learning from early mistakes, no passion, no desire, predictably terrible sunday-league-esque play... you can''t come on here and swear and act like such a child towards ncfcstar and all those others who booed, because they bloody well deserved what they got for a change, instead of us biting our lips with the odd one or two boos at the end of a game, and i sincerely hope they got the message and buck their ideas up against Charlton in the FA Cup.

Max if you went to a restaurant and your food was not up to standard would you not complain. people pay good money to watch city and have aright to expect a certain standard, if the club falls below that standard fans are entitled to voice their disapproval as paying customers and booing is a way of showing they are not happy, it does not mean they are disloyal just fed up with the rubbish we have endured for a few years now, i think they have been too patient and stronger action is needed but i still support NCFC.

[quote user="ricky knight"]Max if you went to a restaurant and your food was not up to standard would you not complain. people pay good money to watch city and have aright to expect a certain standard, if the club falls below that standard fans are entitled to voice their disapproval as paying customers and booing is a way of showing they are not happy, it does not mean they are disloyal just fed up with the rubbish we have endured for a few years now, i think they have been too patient and stronger action is needed but i still support NCFC.[/quote]correct, but replace ''expect'' with ''hope for'' thats why I go.

[quote user="CT "]

phatcanary, mate i completely understand and agree with your post.

There have got to be protests/deliar out chants next home game.

[/quote]

Apparently there were some attempts at some Delia Out chants today in Block E of the Barclay CT... only for some ape to have a go at the people shouting these chants apparently.

I sympathise with PHAT... as I reached this point over a couple of years ago now... and how long have I been telling people that this was going to happen.

It is looking like it may well be too late to save us from the dreaded drop and possibly adminstration now... because too many Norwich fans have either not been prepared to protest against those destroying the club (the board) or feel threatened by the apes and total idiots and mugs who are about that have been so naively cuaght up in all of the Delia spin.

Most of you are getting exactly what you have been asking for over the last 3 and half years.

Re booing/cheering.

As i''ve always understood it, the whole point of cheering is to give the team a boost, getting behind them, give them the confidence and atmosphere to proceed positively in the game. That''s why i''ve always done it anyway, to help fire them up and get that result. Booing doesn''t help whatsoever, and i can understand us supporters being unhappy when things aren''t going our way, but there''s no need for booing our own. They know when they''re playing sh1te, will know the fans are unhappy, and so the booing only really serves to up the oppositions game if anything.... :bash:

[quote user="We Want Worthy Back"]Delia is not responsible for the shocking on pitch performance CT! You''re such an ignorant prat. She is a passionate fan that has put more money in this club than any of us - her pockets aren''t never ending though, and like all of us she can''t afford to keep throwing money in! We may well need new investment, but in the current financial climate that is increasingly unlikely. She cannot be blamed for the spineless footballers we had to watch today![/quote]

I think you are wrong as she is partly to blame.... her and the rest of the board with the prudence bull when we were in the prem , if they had bought ashton a lot earlier and invested in just a couple more quality players we would have stayed up i not saying spend millons but at least made more of a effort at that time and we would not be where we are now.

[quote user="PhatCanary"]

On my way away from the ground i heard laughter and cheers and a lot of happy fans,WHY? we are heading for league 1 and some people just don''t seem to give a sh*t, i left the ground feeling totally empty of pride in the club after yet ANOTHER cr*p performance, What can we do about the current situation,well judging by the amount of happy faces i passed leaving the groung today, nothing not a bloody thing! What a complete shower of Shi** Delia and the board have turned this club into and listening to our pathetic managers comments on Norfolk after the game things are not going to improve in January,he wants two or three players in the January window,try about ten because without new players and alot of them we are going down but that brings us back to the problem of finance and the fact is we don''t have any,so basically we are well and truly in the brown stuff, Thanks Delia and co because you have drained every last drop of hope out of this supporter and unless thing change you can shove your season tickets up your backsides next season,the new heroes we were promised have turned out to be a bunch of loan players and the rebuild of the club has turned into a badly built extension onto already crumbling house.  

Forever a Yellow but today something has changed in me and i just can''t take it any more, for most of todays game i sat quietly in my seat and felt the fight drain out of me,even when we scored i just felt empty and just kept thinking to myself why am i putting myself through it again and again while the owners sit on their hands and do nothing and when they make a decision they seem to get it wrong! This is the lowest i have felt in 24 odd years of supporting the club and i just can''t see it getting better, League 1 here we come.

[/quote]Just wanted to echo others thoughts. I completely agree with you phat, I will always support the yellows but am so fed up and bereft of hope at the moment that it is unbelievable.

110% agree with most of the sentiment in this thread.  I''ll always support Norwich but it''s got to the point now where I''m losing the will to live with regards to supporting the team.As for those who are making apologies for Delia...How can you say she''s not to blame?    At the end of the day, she and her hubby are completely responsible for the mess that we find ourselves in today.   If she''d made better decisions and actually speculated to accumulate, we might still be up there with the big boys.   Her meek surrender and her "little old Norwich" attitude speaks volumes about her.

Great post. I can however understand that maybe a lot of people were laughing and joking, in an attempt to cheer themselves up after watching yet another dreadful game!! The last two home games, Forest and Charlton are the worst that I have seen for years!! I find the lack of passion from these so called "professional" footballers very worrying, and on this form League 1 is looking more and more certain. I have had a season ticket for years, but vowed that if we did not take 6 points from Forest and Charlton, which lets be real, was essential, that I would not go again until some dramatic changes are made, and pride and passion for the club on the pitch returns!! So for the time being, thats the last time I will be going to Carrow Road, as it seems to me that the only thing that will make an impact is empty seats!

[quote user="Love the club..just hate the manager"]You seem to think that booing upsets our players!! Just visit the VIP lounge of a local nightclub to see how upset they really are!![/quote]

Good point, most of them don''t look as if they give a sh*t when you spot them after a game.