Sign in to follow this  
PhatCanary

I just can't carry on with this

On my way away from the ground i heard laughter and cheers and a lot of happy fans,WHY? we are heading for league 1 and some people just don''t seem to give a sh*t, i left the ground feeling totally empty of pride in the club after yet ANOTHER cr*p performance, What can we do about the current situation,well judging by the amount of happy faces i passed leaving the groung today, nothing not a bloody thing! What a complete shower of Shi** Delia and the board have turned this club into and listening to our pathetic managers comments on Norfolk after the game things are not going to improve in January,he wants two or three players in the January window,try about ten because without new players and alot of them we are going down but that brings us back to the problem of finance and the fact is we don''t have any,so basically we are well and truly in the brown stuff, Thanks Delia and co because you have drained every last drop of hope out of this supporter and unless thing change you can shove your season tickets up your backsides next season,the new heroes we were promised have turned out to be a bunch of loan players and the rebuild of the club has turned into a badly built extension onto already crumbling house.  

Forever a Yellow but today something has changed in me and i just can''t take it any more, for most of todays game i sat quietly in my seat and felt the fight drain out of me,even when we scored i just felt empty and just kept thinking to myself why am i putting myself through it again and again while the owners sit on their hands and do nothing and when they make a decision they seem to get it wrong! This is the lowest i have felt in 24 odd years of supporting the club and i just can''t see it getting better, League 1 here we come.

[quote user="PhatCanary"]

On my way away from the ground i heard laughter and cheers and a lot of happy fans,WHY? we are heading for league 1 and some people just don''t seem to give a sh*t, i left the ground feeling totally empty of pride in the club after yet ANOTHER cr*p performance, What can we do about the current situation,well judging by the amount of happy faces i passed leaving the groung today, nothing not a bloody thing! What a complete shower of Shi** Delia and the board have turned this club into and listening to our pathetic managers comments on Norfolk after the game things are not going to improve in January,he wants two or three players in the January window,try about ten because without new players and alot of them we are going down but that brings us back to the problem of finance and the fact is we don''t have any,so basically we are well and truly in the brown stuff, Thanks Delia and co because you have drained every last drop of hope out of this supporter and unless thing change you can shove your season tickets up your backsides next season,the new heroes we were promised have turned out to be a bunch of loan players and the rebuild of the club has turned into a badly built extension onto already crumbling house.  

Forever a Yellow but today something has changed in me and i just can''t take it any more, for most of todays game i sat quietly in my seat and felt the fight drain out of me,even when we scored i just felt empty and just kept thinking to myself why am i putting myself through it again and again while the owners sit on their hands and do nothing and when they make a decision they seem to get it wrong! This is the lowest i have felt in 24 odd years of supporting the club and i just can''t see it getting better, League 1 here we come.

[/quote]

Reached that point a while back, can sympathise with how you feel, and as I said to someone today, take heart that you aren''t alone in how you feel.

Unfortunately I feel exactly the same as you. I''ve been going to Carrow Road since 1985 & I''ve rarely missed a game & this is the lowest I''ve felt. I can''t see us staying up with our bafoon of a manager at the helm & it''s depressing to say the least!

Delia is not responsible for the shocking on pitch performance CT! You''re such an ignorant prat.

She is a passionate fan that has put more money in this club than any of us - her pockets aren''t never ending though, and like all of us she can''t afford to keep throwing money in!

We may well need new investment, but in the current financial climate that is increasingly unlikely. She cannot be blamed for the spineless footballers we had to watch today!

[/quote]

Exactly how I felt after the game!

I felt rather uncomfortable watching Norwich fans smiling and laughing after a very very bad performance against a very limited Forest team!

This is relegation form and anyone still defending our useless manager - PLEASE wake up!

The board have made some bad managerial decisions - keeping Worthy one year too long and the next 2were just out and out bad errors of judgements.

They could redeem themselves a lot by doing what needs to be done and getting rid of our inept manager!

Spot on Phatcanary, my love for Norwich City has taken a huuuuge battering over the last couple of years.  How old are you?  I suspect you may be around the same age as me (early thirties) and that you now feel like washing your hands of the whole thing, and leaving it in the hands of the "modern day fan" (eeuuurgghhh).  I too get annoyed that the people sitting around me are of the opinion that this shower is acceptable.  Join me and the countless others, who wont bother any more.  It''s not worth the heartache.

[quote user="We Want Worthy Back"]Delia is not responsible for the shocking on pitch performance CT! You''re such an ignorant prat. She is a passionate fan that has put more money in this club than any of us - her pockets aren''t never ending though, and like all of us she can''t afford to keep throwing money in! We may well need new investment, but in the current financial climate that is increasingly unlikely. She cannot be blamed for the spineless footballers we had to watch today![/quote]

She has poured in around 12 million pounds and has been here since 1997. Thats 12 YEARS!! 1 million a year is absolutely laughable!

[quote user="No Quarter"]Spot on Phatcanary, my love for Norwich City has taken a huuuuge battering over the last couple of years.  How old are you?  I suspect you may be around the same age as me (early thirties) and that you now feel like washing your hands of the whole thing, and leaving it in the hands of the "modern day fan" (eeuuurgghhh).  I too get annoyed that the people sitting around me are of the opinion that this shower is acceptable.  Join me and the countless others, who wont bother any more.  It''s not worth the heartache.[/quote]

Yes mate i''m 32.

im 27 but it gets my goat coming out of the ground and seeing people laughing, joking about the game... are they supporters or are they spectators? I think they are the type of fan the club wants.... people who go just for a day out.. happy clappy fans who dont give a hoot abou the result as long as they see some goals for either side... they all of course "support" Arsenal even though they probably couldnt even find the emirates if they stood outside of the bloody thing!

i''d give anything for the 12,000 crowds of 10 years ago where everyone was a norwich fan and was gutted if we lost....

jas :)

[/quote]The only reason I was laughing and joking was because it''s comical how bad we are, it''s just a shame it''s just not funny at all. If I hadn''t had a joke or two today I would be in such a state tonight, arguably this was the most disgusting, despicable and diabolical performance of the past 4 years and deep down I''m sickened by how bad we were. I''ve had enough, I''m not renewing. I left early and as I was leaving was think do I even care if we score, would I have cheered even if we did score. Turns out I got my answer pretty quick and it just added to the misery of my walk home. It was so cold today, I pretty sure it was a lot colder after we conceded. Even when it was 2-1 I had no hope or trust in this team to get a draw out of this game. It is dreadful and soul destroying everytime we forfeit points at home. After so many years of being such a good home team we have plumbed the depths and become such a poor team at home. CR is no longer a fortress, it''s more like a torture chamber.

[quote user="No Quarter"]Spot on Phatcanary, my love for Norwich City has taken a huuuuge battering over the last couple of years.  How old are you?  I suspect you may be around the same age as me (early thirties) and that you now feel like washing your hands of the whole thing, and leaving it in the hands of the "modern day fan" (eeuuurgghhh).  I too get annoyed that the people sitting around me are of the opinion that this shower is acceptable.  Join me and the countless others, who wont bother any more.  It''s not worth the heartache.[/quote]

Yes mate i''m 32.

[/quote]

Hmmm, I thought as much.  What you and me are suffering from is "Legend-itus".  We have been brought up on Chippy Crook, Ruel, Gunny (before he became a joke), Gossy, Super Chris, Flecky, Eadie, Jamie, Iwan, Malky etc etc etc.  We long for the days of a player coming up to us, fists clenched, saying "come on, you f***ers, we''re gonna do this" (a''la Malky at Barnsley away, pre kick off, at the tail end of the play off season).  It''s a common symptom.   I recommend some old highlights videos (DVD''S????), watched 3 times a day, followed by some half pi**ed story telling down your local, about the "good old days" of the old barclay cameradreie, beating good teams (home and away), how team spirit meant so much then, meeting your favourite player in mcDonalds and Kevin Drinkell.  Believe me, this is how I get through most weekends.  Seriously.

I don''t think all of the home fans want to see their team lose and are probably thoroughly annoyed with what they watch. I didn''t like it either given that we just seemed poor all over the pitch and made a very poor Forest side look more committed. The fact that we react differently to things after the whistle is probably human nature and not that fans want to see their team play poorly. Part of being a fan is taking the good times with the bad. There are many Hull fans that were watching their side at the bottom of div 4 a little while ago wodering what was next. As hard as it seems at the moment, having faith is the difference between a supporter and a fan. There are many other things going on in people''s live that sometimes put things into perspective and that can question whether footie is really worth it..

We all like to see our side put on a stylish and competitive performance. We don''t do it often enough and I wonder whether some of our ''players'' actually care. Most of this is down to Roeder and his views. We need wholesale changes and improved performances in 2009 to convince fans that we are worth watching. Another 17th or so will see the fans dwindle.

Laughing and joking is just some people''s way of dealing with it. We are all pretty much heart broken about what has happened to our team.

She should have bitten Cullum''s hand off; she didn''t; we are finished. End of. The people that sneered at him were idiots.

I will not watch us in League One as I can''t face it. I will buy a season ticket but just leave the seat empty. I love the club, but I can''t watch it suffer like that - too painful.

[quote user="We Want Worthy Back"]Delia is not responsible for the shocking on pitch performance CT! You''re such an ignorant prat. She is a passionate fan that has put more money in this club than any of us - her pockets aren''t never ending though, and like all of us she can''t afford to keep throwing money in! We may well need new investment, but in the current financial climate that is increasingly unlikely. She cannot be blamed for the spineless footballers we had to watch today![/quote]

She may not be directly responsible for the players on the pitch but she is largely responsible for the way the club has been run for the last few years and that has led to a completely unacceptable performance in that time. No club has a divine right to succeed but a club of our size should at the very least be competing towards the top of this division. That woman and her cronies have turned this club into a laughing stock and the sooner she clears off the better.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

i''d give anything for the 12,000 crowds of 10 years ago where everyone was a norwich fan and was gutted if we lost....

jas :)

[/quote]No you wouldn''t, it was shiit. 12k supporters and the mood was the same as it is now, mainly because we weren''t a lot better then. Some of you have to understand that football means differnet things to different people. I feel sick, and get a knot in my stomach every time I "accidently" remember about Norwich during every single day, but others dont, and nor should they. I wish I could switch it off and not let it ruin my day\week as it often does, because it nags at you all day long, its in my head. Supporting Norwich isn''t exclusive to people like myslef and by the sounds of it a lot of you. The fact these people show up week in week out at the moment is a show of their support and the fact they do care.Dont take your frustration and anger out on fellow supporters, at least not for trivial things like "laughing and joking after the game"...

We Want Worthy Back wrote the following post at 28/12/2008 9:32 PM:

Delia is not responsible for the shocking on pitch performance CT! You''re such an ignorant prat.

So who is CT. She has hired and fired.........and its her current incumbent who is f--king it up now........YOU ARE THE PRAT.

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"][quote user="PhatCanary"]

[/quote]

Exactly how I felt after the game!

I felt rather uncomfortable watching Norwich fans smiling and laughing after a very very bad performance against a very limited Forest team!

This is relegation form and anyone still defending our useless manager - PLEASE wake up!

The board have made some bad managerial decisions - keeping Worthy one year too long and the next 2were just out and out bad errors of judgements.

They could redeem themselves a lot by doing what needs to be done and getting rid of our inept manager!

[/quote]

sorry must have missed your tenure as england manager........................!

Excellent post and sums up the feelings of most of us. Sad thing is we have been expressing these concerns and fears for months and still Captain Roeder and his crew of Doncaster, Delia etc steer the Canaries ''Titanic'' ship unswervingly towards the Division 1 iceberg. You get the feeling that the majority of fans will still be laughing and cheering even if we sink deep enough to reach the murky waters of Division 2. Look at the table tonight and if results don''t go our way in the next league match we could well be in the bottom three. The board need to act now!

[quote user="CT "]

phatcanary, mate i completely understand and agree with your post.

There have got to be protests/deliar out chants next home game.

[/quote]

Oh yes, brilliant idea you baffoon. Also the boo-ing, have you morons not realised that when you boo players dont want the ball, and when players dont want the ball mistakes happen, and when mistakes happen goals are conceded, and when this happens you boo even louder, even though it''s your fault you morons, so fuck off, I''ve had enough of the 100 or so, so called "supporters" when they never sing, never cheer, just boo, chant delia/roeder out, and moan, yes i say it now FUCK OFF, WE DONT WANT IGNORANT CUNTS IN OUR GROUND, GO PISS OFF TO A PLACE WHERE HATERS ARE LIKED YOU FUCKING MORONS!

Yes.... I''m angry..

Shut up Max you complete idiot. The team had our whole support at the start of the match today, and proceeded to serve up absolute drivel. They deserved to be booed, we spend our hard earned money and get given that back. NO PASSION.

So you can sit and clap while others boo, but that is called delusion mate, sort yourself out. I don''t want to be a moron for getting bloody angry with the p*** poor performance that got served up today.

I went to the game, or else i wouldnt post this, infact i go to every home game... Year in... Year out, and i see how you feal, i do too. But BOOING DOSNT FUCKING HELP, I CAN SEE WHY YOU DO IT, YOU DO IT BECAUSE THE PLAYERS ARE PLAYING SHIT, BUT IF YOU WANT THEM TO GET BETTER THEN BOOING ISN;T GOING TO HELP THEM... CHEERING WILL, AND THE THING THAT FUCKS ME OFF, IS HALF OF YOU NEVER CHEER OR ANYTHING, YOU JUST MOAN AND BOO EVEN WHEN WE''RE WINING!

P.S. I DONT FUCKING CARE ABOUT SPELLING IM SO PISSED OFF :@

I cheer, but I''m not a deluded blind fool who is going to clap the dross that we got today. You clap if you want, but the players DESERVED to be booed today.

[quote user="ncfcstar"]I cheer, but I''m not a deluded blind fool who is going to clap the dross that we got today. You clap if you want, but the players DESERVED to be booed today.[/quote]

SO YOU WANT GOOD FOOTBALL? THE PLAYERS TO PLAY WELL???

HOW IS BOOING, WHICH MAKES THEM WORSE, SCARED, HIDE FROM THE BALL, AND MAKE MISTAKES, GOING TO MAKE THIS HAPPEN???

EXACTLY IT FUCKING ISN''T THIS IS MY POINT, BOOING IS RETARDED, ITS JUST HYPOCRITICAL TO WHAT YOU WANT!

No, cheering a side putting in that performance is hypocritical.

Of course I want them to play well, and like I said in my first post the crowd today gave them plenty of time to prove that they wanted to. But they didn''t, so you expect the majority to sit there and accept that? No they deserved to be booed.

Max

There was indeed a lot of booing today, along with calls for Roeder to go, for Delia to go, what a load of rubbish etc, etc. This after a half of dire, uninspiring and totally unacceptable football.

No, I didn''t boo, as that is not my style, but I can completely understand the sentiments and passions which led to it.

Before one boo was heard, were the players put off by the crowd, I think not. They just were either completely outclassed and outfought by a Forest side who had done their homework on us (an all too familiar story) or they couldn''t give a damn. You can decide.

The supporters who were booing around me were those who were also standing up singing and yelling out support up to that point.

What exactly do you expect long suffering supporters to do? It''s not the first time it''s happened and I doubt it will be the last. Things are hardly on the up, we have had yet another disappointing season (and it''s only half way through). Added to the past 2-3 similar years it''s hardly going to be a cauldron of noise for 90 mins plus - bar a few great performances or when Ipswich are in town is it?

I take it from your post you would wish for every City fan to sing and support whatever is served up each match, every match? Most of us go to be entertained, to support our team, but sadly we can only take so much. Today was a completely unacceptable performance and a pretty flattering final scoreline.