Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Run out of excuses to not play Lupoli now!

Well Litas goin bk now, and Bell was awful today in that wide left role, so give the boy a bloody chance, i can c we play a ''physical'' game n that, but really! wtf r we doing not even giving him any sort of a go, when we''re really playing useless! He can''t have got that much worse in 2 yrs when he was a key part in Derby''s promotion!

Some of his skill in beating players in his first couple of games was superb, then he came up with those comeback goals and become an instant hero for us :) Then... he scored a few more, Roeder lost faith because he was too "light weight" and we haven''t seen him since. It would not surprise me at all if Roeder fails to get Lita back, and prefers to call back Cureton and play little n large with Cort.

Would not surprise me at all...

Lupolis a natural strikers whos scored 4 goals for us in his brief appearances for us!

Yet our useless manager thinks its better to not play him at all even when we have no strikers (recent Reading game), instead preferring central midfielder Russell playing out of position up front!

Because Rodent made the stupid decision to pull us out of the regular reserve league anyone not playing regularly for the 1st team then becomes rusty through not playing games!

Welcome to the crazy crazy world of Glen Roedernowhere inept football manager!

Was told today that Lupolis will be gone very soon and who could blame him!

He is wanted by Sampdoria... and I for one would not blame him for going, he said he would prefer to play in Italy, can you blame him when he comes here and gets treated in the way he has been

The fact that he played 34 matches in the Derby team that finished 3rd in the Championship in 06-07 counts for Nothing - NOTHING AT ALL I TELL YOU - EVen his 7 league goals connot hide he was a lightweight ''regular'' in the team, finishing 2nd tope scoreer for the season with 11 goals behing Norwich target Steve Howard!

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

Lupolis a natural strikers whos scored 4 goals for us in his brief appearances for us!

Yet our useless manager thinks its better to not play him at all even when we have no strikers (recent Reading game), instead preferring central midfielder Russell playing out of position up front!

Because Rodent made the stupid decision to pull us out of the regular reserve league anyone not playing regularly for the 1st team then becomes rusty through not playing games!

Welcome to the crazy crazy world of Glen Roedernowhere inept football manager!

Was told today that Lupolis will be gone very soon and who could blame him!

[/quote]yeah, i feel sorry for Rusty, he was pretty good today in centre mid and he will be unfairly judged if he gets used out of position. I think Roeder''s assembled a nice little team together, he just doesn''t know wat to do with it, which is really sad, because that was what Impressed me first when he arrived, n he''s seemed to let keeping us up last year get to his head.

The treatment he has had from our management has been disgraceful. Pretty much sums up Mr Roeder''s arrogance - Lupoli deserves a shot, but won''t be given one. Exactly the same with Simon Lappin.

I would love to see a 4-3-2-1 like this after January market

Omozusi (New defender) Doherty Bertrand

Pattison Clingan Lappin

Croft Hoolahan

Lupoli

Pattison has a great long shot and support for the strikers, Sammy is a top holding player, Lappin is more defensive than attacking yet can provide a top cross, free kick and corner equally as good as Bell can on his day.

I really think the prospect of Hoolahan and Lupoli being two technical players would work well with the pace and power of Croft to support them.

[quote user="Lincs CR"]I would love to see a 4-3-2-1 like this after January market

Pattison Clingan Lappin

Croft Hoolahan

Lupoli[/quote]No, no, no, no, no...No offense Lincs, but it''s this type of thinking that''s causing us problems at the minute.Why on earth would you play what is basically a 4-3-3 with Lupoli as the central striker? We know he''s lightweight and nothing special in the air, and that role/position calls for a player who is strong, able to hold the ball up, and be decent with his head, so how would Lupoli ever thrive there?Lupoli along with Lita is one of the best strikers we''ve had at the club in ages, and it''s criminal how he''s being treated, so to they suggest we play him, but in a role he''s not suited to, is in some ways even worse than not selecting him.The key balls to players like Lupoli/Lita/Curo etc, are those whereby they can use their pace/guile and play off the shoulder of the defenders and latch onto balls played through. They don''t want endless crosses, they want balls either to feet, or to run onto.It''s this nonsensical insistence that we try to play a ''target man'' to hold the ball up that''s causing most of the problem. As a whole we are a fairly lightweight side, and even with 5 in midfield, we''d struggle against most of our better built opponents, so instead we need to look at a quick, short passing game, utilising crafty wingers like Croft and Hoolahan (Yes, I really do feel he''s better on the left than Bell) who can attack the full backs, cut inside and either crack a shot off, or play the balls to feet that strikers like Lupoli constantly thrive on. No more long ball, no more players out of position, a simple 4-4-2 formation that looks to utilise the best qualities of our players, instead of trying to get them doing things that just won''t work most of the time.It''s difficult to offer a side as we don''t know the situation with Lita etc, however, as it stands I''d genuinely go with the following:                          MarshallOtsemobor  Doherty   Omozusi   DruryCroft                     Clingan         Hoolahan               Russell               Lupoli           LitaWe''ve always got options on the bench like Bertrand, Bell and Cort if we want to change the complexion of the game.And for those who''ve heard it from me before, apols, but we need to start trying to play like the Arsenal of the CCC, because we simply don''t have the size of players to go the Stoke route, but we do have attacking players with skill and pace who will frighten most big CCC defenders, so go with quick. attacking, passing, football and see how many defences crumple...Indy.

MarshallOmozusi  Doc  Newbie  Bertie                 Clingan          Rusty      HoolzCroft                          Lupoli                  LitzFooty on the ground and plenty of energy with Cort there as a plan B option fot a bit of hoofball if needed

Aagh! and then i read he scored an overhead kick vs colchester! what more does he have to do!!!!! fair enough if we were winning and playing well, don''t change the team, buf FFS! we''re not, and something needs to be done, we have a ready made solution to our problems on our books and he doesn''t get a chance!!!

If Lita goes then Lupoli should certainly get a chance up front. But I suspect his best role (and Sibierski''s) would be in Hoolahan''s place just behind the main striker.

I''m sorry but Lupoli is just awful.  He has never been very good.  Crap for Arsenal and Derby, and how many games has he played for fiorentina? Says it all.  If he was that good his parent club wouldn''t have sent him out on loan two seasons in a row.  What more they know the mistake they made and we now know the mistake/s Roeder has made. We are league one!!!

[quote user="Lincs CR"]I would love to see a 4-3-2-1 like this after January market

Pattison Clingan Lappin

Croft Hoolahan

Lupoli[/quote]That is insane!If Croft is being sold, as we all think, I''d play 4-4-2 with Bell on the right, Lupoli on the left, and two up front for them to sling crosses into.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Lincs CR"]I would love to see a 4-3-2-1 like this after January market

Pattison Clingan Lappin

Croft Hoolahan

Lupoli[/quote]That is insane!If Croft is being sold, as we all think, I''d play 4-4-2 with Bell on the right, Lupoli on the left, and two up front for them to sling crosses into.[/quote]No,What is insane is your decision to play a striker on the left wing instead of either Bertrand, Hoolahan or even Lappin.I''m beginning to perhaps see where some of Roeder''s team choices come from if this is the best most fans can come up with.Lupoli is NOT a wingerLupoli is NOT a targetmanLupoli is NOT crapPerhaps now this has been cleared up we can get sensible suggestions which involve Lupoli being played as a striker in a 4-4-2 system?And aside from Carl Cort, who have we got upfront to benefit from these crosses you want ''slinging'' into the box???Keep the ball on the floor FFS, this is where Lita prefers it, where Lupoli prefers it, where Cureton preferred it and in actual fact - where Sibierski prefers it.Indy.

could a played lupoli for lots of last 10-15 mins , he wouldn''t have gotten to mashed up and as he has displayed would have scored goals and city wouldn''t be in this mess now. it''s simple really so i can''t understand why we pay roeder to be a cretin