Sign in to follow this  
Salopian

Is some big money the only solution?

From Roeder''s statements about his January "shopping list", it would seem that he is attempting to bring in some more loan players. (He said his priority was the defence, but given the absence of the midfield yesterday and a toothless attack, we seem to need players all over the team!) There is some money, but surely not enough to buy the number of experienced quality players we need.So he has to aiming for yet more loans! Some of our past loans have been effective, - Kennedy, Taylor, Bertrand last year, Lita, but many have been dross. How many clubs are going to loan players who are proven performers, unless they are recovering from injury like Kennedy, or have reached the veteran stage and are on big money?Loans are likely to be players who are "surplus" at the moment, or are young but inexperienced. Motivation may be lacking in the former and strength and experience in the latter.I think that we are capable of playing much better than we have on occasions. We have been unlucky with some injuries, - Kennedy and Stefanovic, and we are short in central defence. One problem has been with us all season - an inability to take scoring chances, which has been increased by playing only one striker, which in turn comes from a spluttering midfield. There has been a failure to motivate on a consistent basis.Spending real money would not guarantee success, but it would increase our chances of staying up. As things are, without two or three players who could dominate a match and get the best out of the rest of the side, the only salvation I can see is spending some real money, but I am not holding my breath!

[quote user="Salopian"]From Roeder''s statements about his January "shopping list", it would seem that he is attempting to bring in some more loan players. (He said his priority was the defence, but given the absence of the midfield yesterday and a toothless attack, we seem to need players all over the team!) There is some money, but surely not enough to buy the number of experienced quality players we need.

So he has to aiming for yet more loans! Some of our past loans have been effective, - Kennedy, Taylor, Bertrand last year, Lita, but many have been dross. How many clubs are going to loan players who are proven performers, unless they are recovering from injury like Kennedy, or have reached the veteran stage and are on big money?

Loans are likely to be players who are "surplus" at the moment, or are young but inexperienced. Motivation may be lacking in the former and strength and experience in the latter.

I think that we are capable of playing much better than we have on occasions. We have been unlucky with some injuries, - Kennedy and Stefanovic, and we are short in central defence. One problem has been with us all season - an inability to take scoring chances, which has been increased by playing only one striker, which in turn comes from a spluttering midfield. There has been a failure to motivate on a consistent basis.

Spending real money would not guarantee success, but it would increase our chances of staying up. As things are, without two or three players who could dominate a match and get the best out of the rest of the side, the only salvation I can see is spending some real money, but I am not holding my breath!
[/quote]

You are absolutely right. Unless money appears from somewhere I really don''t see us getting out of this. Unfortunately we are now facing some stark realities. Firstly Roeder will not be sacked, because if that was on the cards he''d be gone today. As has been written on here ad nauseam we can''t afford to pay up his contract. Even if we could it would take money out of the playing budget which is desperately needed. We are stuck with him like it or not. Lita will be leaving. Why would Reading loan him to us for the rest of the season knowing that he can leave on a free in the summer? The only way they can cash in is by selling him in the window.

Finally, if Peter Cullum had any interest in buying the club he would move now. If he is genuinely waiting for us to go into administration to get the club on the cheap then he isn''t the sort of owner we need. Its not a pretty picture and I feel pretty hopeless this morning.

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="Salopian"]From Roeder''s statements about his January "shopping list", it would seem that he is attempting to bring in some more loan players. (He said his priority was the defence, but given the absence of the midfield yesterday and a toothless attack, we seem to need players all over the team!) There is some money, but surely not enough to buy the number of experienced quality players we need.

So he has to aiming for yet more loans! Some of our past loans have been effective, - Kennedy, Taylor, Bertrand last year, Lita, but many have been dross. How many clubs are going to loan players who are proven performers, unless they are recovering from injury like Kennedy, or have reached the veteran stage and are on big money?

Loans are likely to be players who are "surplus" at the moment, or are young but inexperienced. Motivation may be lacking in the former and strength and experience in the latter.

I think that we are capable of playing much better than we have on occasions. We have been unlucky with some injuries, - Kennedy and Stefanovic, and we are short in central defence. One problem has been with us all season - an inability to take scoring chances, which has been increased by playing only one striker, which in turn comes from a spluttering midfield. There has been a failure to motivate on a consistent basis.

Spending real money would not guarantee success, but it would increase our chances of staying up. As things are, without two or three players who could dominate a match and get the best out of the rest of the side, the only salvation I can see is spending some real money, but I am not holding my breath!
[/quote]

You are absolutely right. Unless money appears from somewhere I really don''t see us getting out of this. Unfortunately we are now facing some stark realities. Firstly Roeder will not be sacked, because if that was on the cards he''d be gone today. As has been written on here ad nauseam we can''t afford to pay up his contract. Even if we could it would take money out of the playing budget which is desperately needed. We are stuck with him like it or not. Lita will be leaving. Why would Reading loan him to us for the rest of the season knowing that he can leave on a free in the summer? The only way they can cash in is by selling him in the window.

Finally, if Peter Cullum had any interest in buying the club he would move now. If he is genuinely waiting for us to go into administration to get the club on the cheap then he isn''t the sort of owner we need. Its not a pretty picture and I feel pretty hopeless this morning.

[/quote]you may find there are a few fairly wealthy people connected with ncfc that will sort out the money to get rid of him, also the board tend to do these sort of things a bit later than most clubs, they maybe sorting something out as we speak, god i only hope they are!