Sign in to follow this  
Paul Spector

Micky Spillane

A few interesting quotes taken from 606 - re: a Luton perspective on our young centre back.

"Spillane has been one of our best players this season. He can play anywhere and has scored the same amount of goals as martin. His contract for norwich runs out at the end of the season and i hope you dont renewe it"

"Spillane is a gem, a strong lad, and adored by the fans

We are desperately short of players and competition at the back, while it seems we have a decent young player we own, with a point to prove, plying his trade elsewhere.

Spillane always looked as if he had something about him; and never got a fair chance. His face clearly didnt fit with Roeder; who wanted his own men; unfortuantely these more expensive options are no better. I''d love to see him given a chance; it couldnt be any worse!

Agree hes shown potential  and it may be a good idea to bring him back but the gap between League 2 and Championship is very very big.

Hopefully he will come back from his loan at the end of the season a more experienced and matured player, which in fairness is the reason he was sent out on loan. Bringing him back now to sit on the bench and cover injuries probably wouldn''t be the best idea in the long term for both us and him. Let him get his apprenticeship in the lower leagues for a season then he can come back and show us what he can do, hopefully he will have improved enough to make the step up.

Agreed, I feel he needs the whole season to mature. Also agree when you all say he showed some great potential. Out of all the younger players, the Jarvis brothers never showed much championship ability, Martin has something but his attitude is stopping him from maturing at a higher level, yet Spillane always seemed level headed and willingly took on some responsibility.

Out of them all, I really do hope he comes back a matured player and capable of fitting into the first time. I have high hopes for him, future captaincy material?

I disagree that there is a big gap between the Championship and League 2, Spillane is just another example of Roeder preferring poor loan players and not trusting the young players he already had. It also shows the spineless coaches at City as if Roeder does not fancy a player he is shown the door and none of the coaches disagree as they will be shown the door. It is quite apparent that Roeder has very poor judgement in players and struggles with tatics, hopefully if he goes he will take his spineless coaches including the head of the Academy with him, the Academy has not been the same since Martin took over.

Spillane was unlucky last year cause he was playing much better than Rossi Jarvis yet Grant stuck with the not good enough Jarvis and then was completely frozen out by our current useless manager Roedernowhere!

Wouldn''t be any worse than our current crop of sh*te!

[quote user="birdman"]

I disagree that there is a big gap between the Championship and League 2,

[/quote]

Correct, it''s not a big gap. It''s a huge gap.

[quote user="birdman"]

I disagree that there is a big gap between the Championship and League 2, Spillane is just another example of Roeder preferring poor loan players and not trusting the young players he already had. It also shows the spineless coaches at City as if Roeder does not fancy a player he is shown the door and none of the coaches disagree as they will be shown the door. It is quite apparent that Roeder has very poor judgement in players and struggles with tatics, hopefully if he goes he will take his spineless coaches including the head of the Academy with him, the Academy has not been the same since Martin took over.

[/quote]

ched evans springs to mind.....

[quote user="GJP"][quote user="birdman"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

The MK Dons & Peterborough are doing pretty well in league 1, in their first season in that division; and i wouldnt fancy us outclassing them at the moment. Remember the MK Dons have already knocked us out of the league cup.

And Martin & Spillane''s Luton reached the final of the Johnsons Paint Trophy!!

Top championship sides maybe. No one will change my mind that the rubbish Roeder has brought to the club are any better than the likes of Spillane, trust me some of these loan players would struggle in Div 2.

[quote user="GJP"][quote user="birdman"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Why concern yourself with that gap. It''s looking more likely that we''ll be in League 1 next year.

Birdman thats aload of rubbish there is a huge gap between League 2 and The Championship. You honestly believe Leroy Lita, Elliot Omozusi, John Kennedy, Arturo Lupoli, Ryan Betrand and even Troy and OJ couldn''t do a job in league 2? If not I would have to say you haven''t watched much League 2 action lately.

I will have you now that I have been to all the Norwich games this year, so I have watched a top 1st div side and there have been times where most of these players have looked totally out of their depths

If we are going to loan young players to league 2 sides, all they can do is their best at that level which in the case of Spillane is consistently good performances, there is no point in loaning these players out at all if they then do well at that level and we all turn round and say the gap is too big or they have found their level. Spillane has performed well in patches for our own first team against some good opposition in the past, he just needs to find the consistency that regular first team football brings.