Sign in to follow this  
blahblahblah

What should happen ? What will happen ?

What do you think should happen now, and what do you think will happen ?  Here''s my take on it.What should happen now ?On the basis of current results, GR should go.  Results and performances should be the only things that matter when making this decision.  6 points from 18, players only raising their game to acceptable standards in the bigger games, not seeming to care the rest of the time (I expect us to win the cup game at Charlton...).  These are good enough reasons to get rid.  The problem is that we are too close to the January window to replace him, get a new team in, and for that new team to get the transfers in that they want.  It would usually take Norwich 2 or 3 weeks at least to go through their interview process, which would give the incumbent a week or so to act on transfers.  Roeders'' pay off would also impact on the available budget for transfers / wages.What will happen now ?I think that the board will stick with GR and his team through the transfer window, and probably will continue to do so  for the rest of the season, unless we get stuck in the bottom 3.  He will get some money to play with in January, and has a chance of getting some points in the next month with the Southampton and Doncaster games.  There may be a mini-revival (although Febs'' fixtures look grim to me unless we improve), resulting in a bottom 6 finish, which would save him until the summer, when he''d get another throw of the dice in the transfer market if we stay up.

I am afraid that Roeder''s policy of running a small squad and spending disproportionate sums on Premier League squad loanees has blown up in his face.

Furthermore, this 24000 season ticket thing is a farce. Other teams have to work for the support: the better they play the more they get.

At Norwich, the season ticket policy and uptake has ensured NCFC is no longer a signed up member of a results based industry; result: complacency filtering down from the top and infecting everyone.

Spot on.[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]

I am afraid that Roeder''s policy of running a small squad and spending disproportionate sums on Premier League squad loanees has blown up in his face.

Furthermore, this 24000 season ticket thing is a farce. Other teams have to work for the support: the better they play the more they get.

At Norwich, the season ticket policy and uptake has ensured NCFC is no longer a signed up member of a results based industry; result: complacency filtering down from the top and infecting everyone.

[/quote]

I''d take 4th from bottom at the moment and before the Forest shambles would of thought we''d be able to win enough home matches to do just that but now I''m not so sure!

We have 20,000 season tickets fact which is better obviously than having less than that although I see what the previous poster was getting at!

The initial post just highlights the shi*e situation we are in. Its obvious that Roeder is not up to the job and needs to be replaced but doing just that wil present obstacles! 

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]

[/quote] Only 15% of the player wage bill goes on the loan players, it''s the 85% spent on our own players that is the problem.

Furthermore, this 24000 season ticket thing is a farce. Other teams

have to work for the support: the better they play the more they get.

At Norwich, the season ticket policy and uptake has ensured NCFC is

no longer a signed up member of a results based industry; result:

complacency filtering down from the top and infecting everyone.

With this sentiment I am in full agreement the complacency and at times contempt starts right at the very top and pervades the entire Club.

[quote user="The Prisoner"][quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]

[/quote]

Only 15% of the player wage bill goes on the loan players, it''s the 85% spent on our own players that is the problem.

With this sentiment I am in full agreement the complacency and at times contempt starts right at the very top and pervades the entire Club.

[/quote]

This is spot on.  Unquestioning, uncritical, blind support is never a good thing.

Does a small season ticket base make teams perform better?  Does not seem to have helped Leeds for example or hindered Manure at the other extreme?  I can see where you are coming from but I struggle to see a real link between having  a full stadium and the playing staff under performing.  

Our player budget is comparable with others in this league,  larger than 2/3s of the teams based on reports.   The loaned / owned debate continues but with no obvious winner either way;  for each Koroma there is a Lita,  and each Croft an Otsemobor.

It is a results based industry; and the coaching and playing staff are not performing to their ability;  we know the players we have in the squad can compete with the best in this league,  but recent performances and the league table are a clear demonstration of how far short they are all falling;   neither the players nor the manager is doing enough.

I dont know what the solution is;  as blah says changing the manager now has its limitations as well as possible benefits;  do I want to sign Lita now and then struggle to recoup his fee if we get relegated because the midfield continues to only play in 1 game in 5?    

To avoid relegation we need a better defensive mdfielder than clingan (like otsemobor he plays better when there is a fear for his place),  we need a goal scoring midfielder (we simply dont have one),  we need cover at centre back as either or both of Omo and Doc will be suspended or injured soon,  we need a replacement for Croft if he goes and then a left winger,  and we need roeder to show some faith in one of his remaining strikers (cort dropped already - superb motivational skills again GR) to partner the new target man we so desparately need to suit the hopefull mindless brand of football on display,  and all need to be 6foot plus to get the physical presence he bemoans yet has exacerbated with just about every single one of his own signings (Kennedy and Stefanovic are his only solid signings, both are injured and Stef is renowned for his ball playing ability rather than his presence,  while Kennedy has shown how poor the scots league is by being all presence to no ability)

Can we sign those players during Jan?  Sadly I doubt it 

What should happen: Roeder sacked or leaves and replaced by someone with a track record of some success- Billy Davies etc.

What will happen: Roeder stays too long and replaced at a time too late to do anything better with the season by someone with an indifferent record, trying to build a shattered reputation - Bryan Robson