Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Cureton scores

In my experience of the calender, the players in the later months, are guaranteed to leave immediately, leaving you with a out of date picture of a Barnet player on your wall.

[quote user="Fellas"]It''s quite sad that that win puts barnsely 5 points ahead of us in the league. Interestingly the last time Cureton scored was a hatrick against Colchester in our 5-1 win, after the game some comments were made by Roeder that a lot of people thought were wrong, as I think those people might well be justified.
[/quote]

The fact that he was loaned to one of our rivals was always the thing that worried me rather than the loss of the player himself, especially if he now gets his confidence going and rattles in a few goals for them which he is still capable of doing and lifting them right out of the relegation scrap. We want as many teams at the bottom with us as possible.

[quote user="barclay seats 4849 "]

Get off Curo''s back ....it was his 200th goal, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,now , do we have anyone in our team with that record ???

NO.... and exactly what we need right now is a return to form for him, and return to NCFC, sadly, with that clueless prat Roeder in charge, I think its unlikely.

[/quote]

a fine point.. Crap strikers dont reach 200 goals do they?

jas :)

his first goal since March says it all. he''s past it and if we can off-load him in january, even as a freebie, all well and good. Must be one of our higher earners and contributes nothing. Panic buy then and to think we might still have to pay his wages for another season.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

[quote user="ncfcstar"]Oh for heavens sake Barclay, come on, you saw him last season he was terrible. He isn''t good enough to lead the line anymore, and that''s the end of it.[/quote]

Utter crap!

His goals kept us up last season you ungrateful little sod, and try telling Barnsley fans that![:|]

[/quote]Glenn Roeder kept us up last season and now you want shot of him. Double standards with you all the time.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="barclay seats 4849 "]

Get off Curo''s back ....it was his 200th goal, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,now , do we have anyone in our team with that record ???

NO.... and exactly what we need right now is a return to form for him, and return to NCFC, sadly, with that clueless prat Roeder in charge, I think its unlikely.

[/quote]

[/quote]And good strikers don''t do their goalscoring in the third tier of English football.

[quote user="The Prisoner"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="barclay seats 4849 "]

[/quote]

[/quote]And good strikers don''t do their goalscoring in the third tier of English football.[/quote]Totally right [Y]

And there was me thinking that Curo was joint leading scoring in the second tier of English football. The only reason Curo is not scoring for us is that we do not play to his strenghths. I accept that Curo may not now fit in with our system of playing a lone striker and it may be time for him to move on, however he has not suddenly become crap overnight. So Roeder saved us did he, of course he did that with "the worst squad ever", it is a damn shame that his squad shows no sign of going on the same sort of unbeaten run, ergo it must be down to Roeder that we are in the position we now find ourselves (You cant have it both ways). Oh and still no explanation as to how a player with a very poor goalscoring record got in the team week in week out....

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]So if we are measuring success by goals scored can anybody explain to me how Sibierski got in the team ahead of say Lupoli week in week out?.....[/quote]

Pass, best ask GR lol and whilse you''re at it can you ask why the hell he keeps playing Fozzy [:)]

Well, if we do sign lita he''s obviously going to be ahead of cureton, and if Roeder wont play lupoli ( I dont think he''s great, but hes OK) then i highly doubt he''s going to play cureton, dont you?

P.S. remember his bandage, when he got a bang to his head? Oh that was a day i wont forget [H]

[quote user="max"]

Well, if we do sign lita he''s obviously going to be ahead of cureton, and if Roeder wont play lupoli ( I dont think he''s great, but hes OK) then i highly doubt he''s going to play cureton, dont you?

P.S. remember his bandage, when he got a bang to his head? Oh that was a day i wont forget [H]

[/quote]

I know you said if we sign Lita, but hand on heart with the club in the financial mess it is, can you see us having the money to sign him and pay his wages?

I don''t personally think we will ever see Lita again in a NC shirt, how do I feel about that?  I feel nothing because I always knew he was ''JUST'' a loan.  So unless there is large fresh investment injected into our club AFAIC the Lita saga is over.

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]And there was me thinking that Curo was joint leading scoring in the second tier of English football. The only reason Curo is not scoring for us is that we do not play to his strenghths. I accept that Curo may not now fit in with our system of playing a lone striker and it may be time for him to move on, however he has not suddenly become crap overnight. So Roeder saved us did he, of course he did that with "the worst squad ever", it is a damn shame that his squad shows no sign of going on the same sort of unbeaten run, ergo it must be down to Roeder that we are in the position we now find ourselves (You cant have it both ways). Oh and still no explanation as to how a player with a very poor goalscoring record got in the team week in week out....[/quote]JC''s goals.Premiership - 8Second tier - 51 -176 apps 1 goal every 3.45 gamesThird tier -127 -314 apps 1 goal every 2.47 gamesFLC - 6FAC - 8He may well be the divisions second leading scorer but the point is only one quarter of his goals were scored in this division and his goal to game ratio of 3.45 in the second tier which over 176 appearances is a fairly good sample is higher than at any other level of football  he has ever played ( career average 1 in 2.755) proving statistically that JC is just not as effective in this division as some might believe. His predecessor Robert Earnshaw averages 1 goal every 1.84 games in the Championship.

[quote user="The Prisoner"][quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]And there was me thinking that Curo was joint leading scoring in the second tier of English football. The only reason Curo is not scoring for us is that we do not play to his strenghths. I accept that Curo may not now fit in with our system of playing a lone striker and it may be time for him to move on, however he has not suddenly become crap overnight. So Roeder saved us did he, of course he did that with "the worst squad ever", it is a damn shame that his squad shows no sign of going on the same sort of unbeaten run, ergo it must be down to Roeder that we are in the position we now find ourselves (You cant have it both ways). Oh and still no explanation as to how a player with a very poor goalscoring record got in the team week in week out....[/quote]JC''s goals.Premiership - 8Second tier - 51 -176 apps 1 goal every 3.45 gamesThird tier -127 -314 apps 1 goal every 2.47 gamesFLC - 6FAC - 8He may well be the divisions second leading scorer but the point is only one quarter of his goals were scored in this division and his goal to game ratio of 3.45 in the second tier which over 176 appearances is a fairly good sample is higher than at any other level of football  he has ever played ( career average 1 in 2.755) proving statistically that JC is just not as effective in this division as some might believe. His predecessor Robert Earnshaw averages 1 goal every 1.84 games in the Championship.

[/quote]But Jamie bleeds yellow and green...Good stats.  It''s very interesting that the same posters who feel we should be more ambitious and signing better players would still be willing to let Curo play up front, despite the fact that he''s not been up to it for the last 18 months and would never get us anywhere, because he "bleeds yellow and green".He should see a doctor, then a goalscoring coach.Have we missed him since he went out on loan?  No.

Interestingly Earnshaws goal to games rates in the lower leagues are very consistent with 1 in 1.84 in the Champs, 1 in 1.86 in the third tier and 1 in 1.80 in the fourth tier but he seems exposed in the Prem with a ratio of 1 goal in every 3.95 games although to be fair he did start as a sub in many of those at Derby. At this level Earnie is (statistically at least) nearly twice as likely to score as JC but Leroy Lita pips him at 1 goal in every 1.75 Championship games. There''s quite a list of strikers with a strike rate of better than 1 in every 2-3 games in this League, JC''s Championship record is very average apart from one season at Colchester.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

[quote user="ncfcstar"]Wiz we all know you love Cureton, so I''ll just take that comment as subjectivity. He isn''t good enough, and if he had taken the chances he was granted with last season then we wouldn''t have survived by only 3 points, it can be argued either way mate.[/quote]

And if he keeps scoring for Barnsley Star, will you put your hands up?

[/quote]

He wont tho!

[quote user="city4eva"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[quote user="ncfcstar"]Wiz we all know you love Cureton, so I''ll just take that comment as subjectivity. He isn''t good enough, and if he had taken the chances he was granted with last season then we wouldn''t have survived by only 3 points, it can be argued either way mate.[/quote]

And if he keeps scoring for Barnsley Star, will you put your hands up?

[/quote]

hmmmm

He wont tho!

[/quote]