Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Cureton scores

Just heard the same myself, could hardly believe it!
5:14 GOAL - Jamie CuretonBurnley 0 - Barnsley 1

Jamie Cureton grabs a goal from just inside the penalty area to the

bottom left corner of the goal. Burnley 0-1 Barnsley.Assist on the goal

came from Bobby Hassell.

Well Done Jamie [:)] that''ll give him a real lift confidence wise. I think he''s on loan until the end of Feb so won''t be coming back here to replace Lita.

I believe we have call back after a certain amount of time? Maybe if he keeps on scoring :) Nice to hear him back on a score sheet

Never mind Cureton scoring, everyone is scoring today.Adam Federici (Readings goalkeeper) has just scored an equaliser against Cardiff five minutes into stoppage time.....

[quote user="The Prisoner"]So JC scores one goal in what about 30 Championship matches and he''s instantly transformed into the man to save us? Give me strength.
[/quote]

Dont think anyone is saying that, we''re just pleased for him, that he''s scored

[quote user="The Prisoner"]So JC scores one goal in what about 30 Championship matches and he''s instantly transformed into the man to save us? Give me strength.
[/quote]

Exactly, let alone the fact it was probably his 100th sitter in that match, and the keeper probably fell over, and the ball being deflected 10 times to finally flick off jamies knee :) But still im happy for him, i doubt this is going to "kick-start" his season, it''s almost the same as the win vs charlton was going to "kick-start" our season, look what happend today :)

Get off Curo''s back ....it was his 200th goal, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,now , do we have anyone in our team with that record ???

NO.... and exactly what we need right now is a return to form for him, and return to NCFC, sadly, with that clueless prat Roeder in charge, I think its unlikely.

Oh for heavens sake Barclay, come on, you saw him last season he was terrible. He isn''t good enough to lead the line anymore, and that''s the end of it.

Hopefully he will return to Norwich with some goals under his name, his passion should never be put into question, and I feel that shows as he has recognised he wasnt playing well, decided to go on loan to get match practice, match fit, and score goals, to come back to Norwich and score some more.

Congrats Curo on the 200th, wish it was in Norwich colours, but will be looking forward to your return :)

[quote user="barclay seats 48 49 "]

Get off Curo''s back ....it was his 200th goal, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,now , do we have anyone in our team with that record ???

NO.... and exactly what we need right now is a return to form for him, and return to NCFC, sadly, with that clueless prat Roeder in charge, I think its unlikely.

[/quote]

Exactly barclay seats!.

I''m made up for him, and I predict he''ll hit the floor running now and shove it down Roeder''s and a few posters gobs!

[quote user="ncfcstar"]Oh for heavens sake Barclay, come on, you saw him last season he was terrible. He isn''t good enough to lead the line anymore, and that''s the end of it.[/quote]

Utter crap!

His goals kept us up last season you ungrateful little sod, and try telling Barnsley fans that![:|]

[quote user="Grim Roeder"]

Young Mr Cureton scores a goal.

One swallow does not make a summer.

[/quote]

Well posters use the same arguement to back Roeder so why not!

Wiz we all know you love Cureton, so I''ll just take that comment as subjectivity.

He isn''t good enough, and if he had taken the chances he was granted with last season then we wouldn''t have survived by only 3 points, it can be argued either way mate.

I''m pleased for him, but the fact remains he has scored one league goal since March, and this isn''t a good enough record to justify a first team place at Norwich City.

Cureton is terrible, was terrible last season and is at the stage of his career where he should now consider dropping down to a level that suits him, League One or below

(resisting a "So he might as well come back here then" comment on which to end this post)

[quote user="ncfcstar"]Wiz we all know you love Cureton, so I''ll just take that comment as subjectivity. He isn''t good enough, and if he had taken the chances he was granted with last season then we wouldn''t have survived by only 3 points, it can be argued either way mate.[/quote]

And if he keeps scoring for Barnsley Star, will you put your hands up?

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]

Cureton is terrible, was terrible last season and is at the stage of his career where he should now consider dropping down to a level that suits him, League One or below

(resisting a "So he might as well come back here then" comment on which to end this post)

[/quote]He is on the 2009 NCFC calendar for October, so...

It''s quite sad that that win puts barnsely 5 points ahead of us in the league. Interestingly the last time Cureton scored was a hatrick against Colchester in our 5-1 win, after the game some comments were made by Roeder that a lot of people thought were wrong, as I think those people might well be justified.