Sign in to follow this  
Erik the Viking

**** off Delia...

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"][quote user="Gazza"][quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

The board are well past their sell by date and they know it. But until they get bought out what are they meant to do?

I respect them for what they have done for the club and thats why I''d never barrack them. That said they have made another cr*p managerial appointment in Roeder(nowhere) and need to rectify this by getting rid of him ASAP!

[/quote]

People can keep blaming the managers like we have done with the last three but the common denominator for failure at the club is SMITH & JONES and until that terminal disease  is gone from the club things do not improve. FACT!

She once said she would give the club away if it was in the best interests of the club, but as we know our board does not live up to its promises!!

[/quote]

We both agree that the board need changing but please don''t use this to hide up Roeders complete ineptness as our manager which I suspect would be no different whoever owned our club!

[/quote]

In my eyes Roeder is not the main problem at the club, I agree he has made mistakes but the overriding problem is the smugness of Queen Deals who needs knocking off her throne and remaining south of the border once and for all!!

[quote user="Gazza"][quote user="grantroederdisaster"][quote user="Gazza"][quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

The board are well past their sell by date and they know it. But until they get bought out what are they meant to do?

I respect them for what they have done for the club and thats why I''d never barrack them. That said they have made another cr*p managerial appointment in Roeder(nowhere) and need to rectify this by getting rid of him ASAP!

[/quote]

People can keep blaming the managers like we have done with the last three but the common denominator for failure at the club is SMITH & JONES and until that terminal disease  is gone from the club things do not improve. FACT!

She once said she would give the club away if it was in the best interests of the club, but as we know our board does not live up to its promises!!

[/quote]

We both agree that the board need changing but please don''t use this to hide up Roeders complete ineptness as our manager which I suspect would be no different whoever owned our club!

[/quote]

In my eyes Roeder is not the main problem at the club, I agree he has made mistakes but the overriding problem is the smugness of Queen Deals who needs knocking off her throne and remaining south of the border once and for all!!

[/quote]

Get rid of Delia - YES!

But Roeder not the main problem at the club - Of course he bloo*y is, the club revolves around the results the club gets on the football pitch of which Roeder is answerable for. He picks the team, hires and fires players. Hes been given money to spend and would have more resources than quite a few other managers in this Division.

Like I said before in other words - RoederNOWHERE wouldn''t suddenly turn into a great manager because Delia Smith and the board were replaced! 

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"][quote user="Gazza"][quote user="grantroederdisaster"][quote user="Gazza"][quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Get rid of Delia - YES!

But Roeder not the main problem at the club - Of course he bloo*y is, the club revolves around the results the club gets on the football pitch of which Roeder is answerable for. He picks the team, hires and fires players. Hes been given money to spend and would have more resources than quite a few other managers in this Division.

Like I said before in other words - RoederNOWHERE wouldn''t suddenly turn into a great manager because Delia Smith and the board were replaced! 

[/quote]

Money?!, don''t make me laugh he has had to beg, steal and borrow players and without his contacts we probably already be fooked, as I said he has made mistakes but last season he produced a miracle!

The results on the pitch are dictated by finance also are they not and knackers has he been given more money than most other managers in this league, remind me who did we sign perm in the summer?!, prob spent £1 million quid while our oponents today managed to spend £2.5 million on a certain Mr Earnshaw yes one player!. Now tell me that Roeder is ou main problem! Capiche?!

[quote user="Gazza"][quote user="grantroederdisaster"][quote user="Gazza"][quote user="grantroederdisaster"][quote user="Gazza"][quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Get rid of Delia - YES!

[/quote]

Money?!, don''t make me laugh he has had to beg, steal and borrow players and without his contacts we probably already be fooked, as I said he has made mistakes but last season he produced a miracle!

The results on the pitch are dictated by finance also are they not and knackers has he been given more money than most other managers in this league, remind me who did we sign perm in the summer?!, prob spent £1 million quid while our oponents today managed to spend £2.5 million on a certain Mr Earnshaw yes one player!. Now tell me that Roeder is ou main problem! Capiche?!

[/quote]

Don''t most other clubs have to beg steal and borrow to get players?

I bet Rodents had more money than the £1M you state. How much was Stefanovic?

Koromas not up to it and would of cost how much?

Henville never played for us yet we still had to pay his wages after he returned to Spurs.

I bet having Lupoli (who Roedernowhere won''t play anyway), Bertrand and Ommorzussi on loan for the season wouldn''t of been cheap.

Clingans a good signing but no doubt would of been paid a significant sign on fee because he was a free transfer.

Bell and Hoolahan alone cost the best part of £700,000 to £1M.

Retaining the never will be good enough but probably cheap Robert Eagle would still drain money out of the club un necessarily.

All this doesn''t sound like a club with no money!

Yes we have a massive financial constraint but this should not be used as an excuse for our ineptitude when other clubs probably less well of are doing better!

"Roeder nowhere produced a miracle last season" you said - Not quite but he done very well to rescue us from the mire helped by the long unbeaten run which I think occurred through the ''new manager syndrome'' where the players performed over and above their norm in order to impress a new manager. In fact if he''d of made the right moves in January rather than mess about with the useless loanees Henry and Gibbs we could of comfortably finished in the top 10!

Please take of your blinkered glasses regarding Rodent - Hes woeful and should be replaced ASAP!

[quote user="Gazza"][quote user="grantroederdisaster"][quote user="Gazza"][quote user="grantroederdisaster"][quote user="Gazza"][quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Get rid of Delia - YES!

[/quote]

[/quote]

Forest spent nearly £4m on two players because in addition to Earnshaw they spent well over a million on Garner - would that the rest of us were so lucky although it doesn''t seem to be doing them a lot of good at the moment.

They''ve also just spent a lot of money getting rid of Mr Calderwood.  The Norwich spend on Hoolahan and Bell is approximately £650k for the two.

Forest, in theory at least, have more spending power than Norwich at the moment but the owner seems to be realising that it is a bottomless pit and some of their fans think he is trying to get out.  There were two consortiums (one involving Allardyce) and one from the Middle East sniffing around a few weeks ago (probably the same lot who took one look at the Charlton books and departed)  but they all seem to have lost interest. 

No one wants Watford, either, and the West Brom chap is still trying to find an investor but no luck yet.  And the Newcastle guy, of course, has given up trying to sell it. 

Norwich have spent aboslutely nothing for the past few summers.

Money spent is additional money being put in to team funding by board members, or alternatively all of the revenue received from selling NCFC players which are sold be re-invested directly back in to the playing squad.

As far as I am aware there are only 3 teams in the whole league who have possibly spent less than us so far this season... Sheff Weds, Swansea and Blackpool

So unless you can provide hard facts on a team spending less than us in the transfer market then let us lay this little myth to rest shall we???

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"][quote user="Gazza"][quote user="grantroederdisaster"][quote user="Gazza"][quote user="grantroederdisaster"][quote user="Gazza"][quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Get rid of Delia - YES!

[/quote]

[/quote]

Don''t most other clubs have to beg steal and borrow to get players?

I bet Rodents had more money than the £1M you state. How much was Stefanovic?

Koromas not up to it and would of cost how much?

Henville never played for us yet we still had to pay his wages after he returned to Spurs.

I bet having Lupoli (who Roedernowhere won''t play anyway), Bertrand and Ommorzussi on loan for the season wouldn''t of been cheap.

Clingans a good signing but no doubt would of been paid a significant sign on fee because he was a free transfer.

Bell and Hoolahan alone cost the best part of £700,000 to £1M.

Retaining the never will be good enough but probably cheap Robert Eagle would still drain money out of the club un necessarily.

All this doesn''t sound like a club with no money!

Yes we have a massive financial constraint but this should not be used as an excuse for our ineptitude when other clubs probably less well of are doing better!

"Roeder nowhere produced a miracle last season" you said - Not quite but he done very well to rescue us from the mire helped by the long unbeaten run which I think occurred through the ''new manager syndrome'' where the players performed over and above their norm in order to impress a new manager. In fact if he''d of made the right moves in January rather than mess about with the useless loanees Henry and Gibbs we could of comfortably finished in the top 10!

Please take of your blinkered glasses regarding Rodent - Hes woeful and should be replaced ASAP!

[/quote]

..and we also had to sell Shackell the last day of the transfer window to recoup some of the money spent because the Turners had walked...

The thing is I don''t think you will get too many people saying that Roeder is doing a great job at the moment - results don''t lie.

However - he is the easy target in all this and getting rid of him WILL NOT fundamentally change the real problems that lie with in our club. Yes it might make you feel better for a few weeks, but when the new man comes in and the results stay the same, I assume you will want him out aswell, and the next one, and the next one ?? Not forgetting that everytime you you sack someone you have to pay them off, aswell as paying compensation to another club should you want their manager..

The only way things will change for the better at this club is if we get new investment. Whether this means Delia Smith & MWJ going (preferrable) or not. Yes they have said they will sell the club to for the right offer - but they did this only after they realised that they took us down a hole they couldn''t get us out of. Its unfortunate that the state of the economy is as it is because regardless of this, NCFC were and are in terrible financial meltdown, and it would still have been the case if the economy was holding up. They messed up big time by systematically year by year not investing in the thing a football club is all about - THE TEAM because it was deemed too risky. In fact they have forced sales of the best playing assets to fund the debts they have created on all the wonderful off - field activities, including the ridicious amount of wages paid to ''non'' footballing employees - including our wonderful CEO Mr Doncaster..

Delia Smith & MWJ asked an open question at the AGM - "have you any ideas" - well i''m sorry Mrs Smith the most highly paid employee at the club - a certain Mr Doncaster - your CEO - is the one that is paid his £180k salary to have those ideas, and seek investment (and if he was so good at that why have you had to appoint someone else to do this for you ?) - and if he isn''t up to finding the investment or having the ideas then a replacement needs to be found and quickly. 

So back to the original point - yes Roeder isn''t performing - and I''m as angry as anyone about the state of affairs. All I ask is that you, and others, vent their anger in the right direction - and that isn''t primarily Roeder. Don''t let Delias "the club is for sale, what more can i do" line let her off the hook - she and the board are the reason we are in this mess (its been heading this way for years now) - with out them going we are only heading in one direction - and i''ll let you make up your own mind which way that is...

[quote user="Gazza"]

[quote user="BlueJam"]Delia pumps a lot of money into our club. I''d love to see her sell up, as the "fun" we all used to have is gone, and times have changed. However she still is, and has been great to have at the club. Don''t forget we make a lot of cash from "Delia''s" resturant etc etc.
[/quote]

A lot of money by whose standards???. £12m in what 12 years sorry but I dont constitute that as a lot, yes by yours and my standards its a fortune but many football club owners have pumped in a lot more in half her tenure!. And as for her resturant yeah great food but again your missing the point, first and foremos we are a football club and she has well and truly failed!

[/quote]

£12m. LOL!

Have a look at the following:

13/11/2008, 7:19 PM

Canary Nut is online. Last active: 29/12/2008 15:02:43 Canary Nut

Top 150 Posts
Joined on 03/08/2005
Posts 1,679

Lets not forget............

Reply Quote

11/07/2008, 4:14 PM

Canary Nut is not online. Last active: 13/11/2008 17:25:49 Canary Nut

Top 200 Posts
Joined on 03/08/2005
Posts 1,370

Re: How much did Delia pay for hee 42% stake? £700,000

Delia''s & MWJ''s investment in the club

£k.             Â£k.
B Preference shares
- 3,025 @ £100 each                                                                                       302.5

Ordinary Shares
02/03 season 77,990 @ £25 each                                           1949.75
03/04 season 8,000 @ £25 each                                               200.0
06/07 season
- loan converted @ £25 each                                                   817.6
06/07 season
- new money @£25 each                                                          270.1           3237.5

New money into the club £3540k

Ordinary shares bought from
Geoffrey Watling
(** note - assumed figure) £1000k ???

06/07 season
- 31/5/07 holding 327,509 (page 13)
31/5/06 holding 281,550 (page 13)
difference 45,959
club issued 43,508
(note 33 page 41)
so I have assumed that Delia & MWJ
acquired 2,451 from others at say £25 each £61.3k

Assumed investment in Ordinary shares £4301k

Investment in B Preference shares £0.3m.

As at 31/5/07 Delia''s & MWJ''s holdings of Ordinary shares was 327,509
If valued at £30 per Ordinary share, those holdings would be valued at £9.8m.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is also approx £2m of loans to NCFC Plc. from Delia & MWJ.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Where are the good experienced strikers?
----------------------------------------
Stagnation/decline with Delia''s NCFC.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

Gazza: The supposed protest, voicing opinions at games etc

[quote user="Badger"]
But how does this force her hand?
[/quote]

Perhaps the hot air will force her hand to rise slowly. The crowd will think it''s a wave and will wave back. No, I think the "negative ones" require more thought on their strategy.

[/quote]

At least the negative ones go to matches and watch the manure!

Enjoy Obama!

Have a nice day!

[quote user="Delia S. Tickers"]It''s all quite simple really. Those who think action needs to be taken to force Delia et al out of Carrow Rd have been identified on this Forum. You know who you are, you know that there is a "protest" organised - instead of telling her to **** off on this Forum (which she probably does not read) then why not add your real, non-virtual, verbal support to the protest? Come back and tell us all about it.....[/quote]

and YOU can tell us how YOU are going to improve the entertainment at Carrow Rd.

Have a nice day!

[quote user="Gazza"]

As most seem to be laying into Roeder etc, Grant before and Worthington our best manger for many a year before that. Is it really all these managers that are sh1te I think not the real culprit has made an absolute shambles of this club and I cannot wait for her to do one.......

[/quote]I wont be renewing my season tickets in March. Im holding on in the hope that many more do the same and bring the cook to her knees, forcing her to sell. Cullum was the last straw for me. But yesterday was sickening.   

[quote user="Prudence"][quote user="Gazza"]

As most seem to be laying into Roeder etc, Grant before and Worthington our best manger for many a year before that. Is it really all these managers that are sh1te I think not the real culprit has made an absolute shambles of this club and I cannot wait for her to do one.......

[/quote]I wont be renewing my season tickets in March. Im holding on in the hope that many more do the same and bring the cook to her knees, forcing her to sell. Cullum was the last straw for me. But yesterday was sickening.   [/quote]

And the frustrating thing is just when you think it can''t get any worse they reach new levels of crapness as the weeks go on!. But lets all blame another manager or some other easy target but you are running out of easy targets Ms Smith and your supporters because people have woken up to you!