Sign in to follow this  
ZLF

Player ratings

I did not think that things could get worse than the Charlton game but sadly I was proved wrong,  and what we saw today was what would have happened had Charlton scored first last week.

Our midfield bottled it;  we were second to every ball,  in some cases third.  Clingan played as if his contract was still with Forest and directly responsible for the second goal;  and the midfield in general simply failed to show for their first goal too. All our midfielders hid when it came to giving each other and the defence an option.  It was not just the central duo but they typified the problem,  they looked as if they would have rather been in bed than play for their clubs future.  Not once were they there to collect the second ball after their defenders unsurprising won the knock down from another fruitless long clearance from Marshall

Only Croft and Doc came out with any credit with Marshall, Bertrand and Lita coming out level.  The rest should hang their heads in shame with the shambles on show today.  Gutless applies to them all,  but the worst of them were t hose permanently contracted to the club :-(

And the coaching staff have to take the blame;  players unable to pass more than 3 yards,  cover a runner or have any motivation.  It was calling out for a Phil Brown style rollicking at half time,  yet our manager bottled it,  just as the players did during the 97 minutes of so called football.  As far as subs were concerned Roeder could have changed 6 at half time we were that poor.

Marshall 6  Explain to me again why he was prefered over camp?  neither can kick straight but at least camp can take a cross. Did not have much chance with the goals though.

Otsemobor 3  He should give a drug sample;  he played as if doped;  truly the most appalling defensive display I have seen;  could not tackle, pass ,  attack but worse played like he did not care.  The goals all came down his flank,  although his midfield colleagues should take full blame for the first two.

Doc 7 Only other candidate for MOTM,  but blew that with the horrendous back pass;  part of that blame must sit with Marshall the Mute for failingto communicate - again.

Omo 5  Started well and looks a decent partner for doc but as the game on the less his heart was in the performance,  including losing his man on several occassions incl the fatal third goal.

Bertrand 6 Good covering tackles and some decent crosses - but only just adequate.

Bell 4  Seemed scared of the ball and his corners were woeful;  rightly substituted

Clingan 4  CAN be so much better;  had otsemoboritis today and simply did not want to be there.  Should have been taken off at half time.

Pattison 4 Rightly substituted,  awful in possession and no pressure on the ball;  only thing stopping him from getting a 3 was that he made about the only movements at throw ins.  Not great but at least battled;  but like Hughes totally ineffective

Croft 7 MOTM;   his crossing IS improving and he knew he has the beating of their full back all day;  little end product as usual but at least continues to give his all.

Hoolahan 4 -  without croft we have to rely on hoolahan for all our attacking momentum;  he was extremely poor today and again far too lightweight.  As our only potential match winner (sorry croft you need an end product for that) there is a huge pressure on him;  and we should have lupoli on the bench to cover when he has games like these.

Lita 5 So little service it was painful

Russell 4  Had as much impact on the game as his midfield colleagues did,  or I for that matter.  Another senseless challenge another senseless booking (even if it was harsh)  Looks like a player lost.

Sibierski - 5 Best cross of the day and took a lot longer fall on his backside than usual (120 secs or so by my count,  the game was that dull...)  but  still shockingly poor 

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

I did not think that things could get worse than the Charlton game but sadly I was proved wrong,  and what we saw today was what would have happened had Charlton scored first last week.

Our midfield bottled it;  we were second to every ball,  in some cases third.  Clingan played as if his contract was still with Forest and directly responsible for the second goal;  and the midfield in general simply failed to show for their first goal too. All our midfielders hid when it came to giving each other and the defence an option.  It was not just the central duo but they typified the problem,  they looked as if they would have rather been in bed than play for their clubs future.  Not once were they there to collect the second ball after their defenders unsurprising won the knock down from another fruitless long clearance from Marshall

Only Croft and Doc came out with any credit with Marshall, Bertrand and Lita coming out level.  The rest should hang their heads in shame with the shambles on show today.  Gutless applies to them all,  but the worst of them were t hose permanently contracted to the club :-(

And the coaching staff have to take the blame;  players unable to pass more than 3 yards,  cover a runner or have any motivation.  It was calling out for a Phil Brown style rollicking at half time,  yet our manager bottled it,  just as the players did during the 97 minutes of so called football.  As far as subs were concerned Roeder could have changed 6 at half time we were that poor.

Marshall 6  Explain to me again why he was prefered over camp?  neither can kick straight but at least camp can take a cross. Did not have much chance with the goals though.

Otsemobor 3  He should give a drug sample;  he played as if doped;  truly the most appalling defensive display I have seen;  could not tackle, pass ,  attack but worse played like he did not care.  The goals all came down his flank,  although his midfield colleagues should take full blame for the first two.

Doc 7 Only other candidate for MOTM,  but blew that with the horrendous back pass;  part of that blame must sit with Marshall the Mute for failingto communicate - again.

Omo 5  Started well and looks a decent partner for doc but as the game on the less his heart was in the performance,  including losing his man on several occassions incl the fatal third goal.

Bertrand 6 Good covering tackles and some decent crosses - but only just adequate.

Bell 4  Seemed scared of the ball and his corners were woeful;  rightly substituted

Clingan 4  CAN be so much better;  had otsemoboritis today and simply did not want to be there.  Should have been taken off at half time.

Pattison 4 Rightly substituted,  awful in possession and no pressure on the ball;  only thing stopping him from getting a 3 was that he made about the only movements at throw ins.  Not great but at least battled;  but like Hughes totally ineffective

Croft 7 MOTM;   his crossing IS improving and he knew he has the beating of their full back all day;  little end product as usual but at least continues to give his all.

Hoolahan 4 -  without croft we have to rely on hoolahan for all our attacking momentum;  he was extremely poor today and again far too lightweight.  As our only potential match winner (sorry croft you need an end product for that) there is a huge pressure on him;  and we should have lupoli on the bench to cover when he has games like these.

Lita 5 So little service it was painful

Russell 4  Had as much impact on the game as his midfield colleagues did,  or I for that matter.  Another senseless challenge another senseless booking (even if it was harsh)  Looks like a player lost.

Sibierski - 5 Best cross of the day and took a lot longer fall on his backside than usual (120 secs or so by my count,  the game was that dull...)  but  still shockingly poor 

[/quote]

marshall clearly called for the backpass off doc  blame marshall

Marshall - 6 did what he could do well apart from 1 kick which went particularly wide of target! Not at fault for the goalsOtsemoboor - 3 seems to be Brainless, excellent athlete and was okay defensively at times, played 1 good pass all game. He seems to just have either a ''run'' or ''kick'' button, and nothing else up there, dunno what he was trying to do with his throwins too!Bertrand - 6 Didn''t seem to be to blame, seemed adequateDoc - 8 Was outstanding, and surprisingly kept the pacy Tyson very quiet. Would have got a 9, (seriously) but for 1 horrendus back pass!Omozusi - 5 was easily outshone by Doc, but wasn''t bad. got absolutely done by Tyson a couple of times.Croft - 8.5 MOM Amazing down the Right today! and everywhere on the pitch when he realised his teammates weren''t gonna do anything useful! Questioned his greediness at times, but never gave the ball away! would be on a 10 if one of his crosses had connected.Bell - 1 not his day i''m afraid, i''ll leave it there :(Pattison - 4 back to my old opinion of him today, didn''t see the point in him apart from one decent chipped effort in the 1st halfClingan - 7 as expected, neat and tidy worked hard, would be more suited with Rusty in Midfield. Had 2 excellent forward purging runs to add to his roster of tricks too!Hoolahan - 5.5 tried to be clever, didn''t always work, but seems to be coming good, and was very close to crafting a couple of goals today with some intricate forward thinking passes.Lita - 6 did what he did well, but seemed Isolated up there until Sibierski came onSubsRussell - 6 worked hard and did exactly what he says on the tin, i think he scored too, but couldn''t tell from the halfway line where i was sat wether he was given the goal. Please get him playing Centre Mid with Clingan more often in a 4-4-2, or 4-2-3-1 with Lupoli left n Wes centre attacking mid!Sibierski - 8 suprised me how good he was today, finally did what he was brought here to do.Roeder - 3 subs were effective, and was right to take Bell off. But once again, tactics from the start wrong, the defence is to tightly strung and easily undone through no fault of the players, just Roeders setup. We''re too negative at times too, and only started playing good football when we were 2 goals down

Precisely, because they''d been ill informed tactically that they Had to stick with their man, and therefore, despite Clingan delaying McGugans surging run somewhat, there was noone else to cover. Where was Fatso McPatso then?

Firstly appaling performance today. Lets face it nottingham forest are a pub team and we couldnt even beat them and after that i really cant see us staying up if we keep this pratt in charge. Just a few points before my ratings. I know a few people have mentioned it but why is bertrand still starting every week? Adam Drury put in a descent shift against charlton but then we drop him and play bertrand who has not played well in god knows how long. Meanwhile on the other side our other fullback otemsobor was just appaling. Dont know what it was but defensively he was awful and he even when attacking was useless.

Marshall 6

Bertrand 3

Doherty 7

Omosusi 5

Ostsemobor 1

Croft 8

Clinghan 5

Pattison 6

Bell 4

Hoolahan 3

Lita 5

Subs

Russell 5

Sibierski 6

[quote user="shyster"]Player ratings are rendered superfluous whilst Roeder remains as manager of Norwich City FC.[/quote]very true, especially when Rusty''s put up top!

Tonights EN scores are below - on  the basis of these and the forest scores the midfield battle was a draw in Mr Cuffleys eyes,  when we were outbattled from minute 1;  and teh two first half goals came through lack of challenge and tracking back from midfield;  clingan was weak in the challenge for the second goal, he was not powered past. 

The reporting in teh local media has to reflect just how bad the last two home games have been;  they have been too soft again.  

Marshall  6

Otsemobor 5

Omo           5

Doc          8

Betrand       6

Coft         7

Clingan    7

Pattison  6

Bell       5

Hoola   6

Lita     6

Russell  6