Sign in to follow this  
one 4 the future

whole ground stinks of GR arrogance

I''m a season ticket holder in the barcaly and couldn''t take anymore after the second goal went in,so made my way to the bar f-ing & blinding about the s**t i was witnessing to be told by a steward to watch my language,is this some kind of joke we are talking the barcaly here.Now not ownly do i have to put up with s**t from Roeder but also from d**k head stewards who think there sumit they aint while voiceing my opinions.I put just about £2k a year of my hard earned money into this football club to be told on how i should be realistic on the clubs ambitions (GR) and on how i should conduct myself in the most vocal part of the ground.My money will continue to go into the club because i am a life long fan like many others but if this kind of attitude continues it wont be long before civil war brakes out in the ground because i for one am not going to be treated in this manner while paying to employe these fools.In Roeders words this behaviour is unexceptable.So do us all a favour and walk away,it''s our club your just a mistake in the history of NCFC,   

Totally agree.

I live in the Barclay Upper and our lot have to put up with one of the Richard Heads standing at one of the stair wells with his back to the pitch staring at us. God knows why. I suppose he''s been told to do it. Health & Safety ''jobs worths'' one assumes.

Civil war type feelings have erupted before in the past and I agree, much more of the combination of awful football and stewards without common sense and it will happen again.

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"]Does putting £2k a year of your hard earned money really entitle you to use offensive language? One can voice one''s concerns without it.
[/quote]

There only fucking words. Are you suggesting 1 man can not swear at the football even though the lower barclay are kicking a scummers fucking head in? or suggesting anyone from the north or south are wankers? 

There''s no such thing as offensive language.

There has been several incidents lately involving stewards around the ground, its not as if dere are proper fights and stuff it just stewards being very picky.   

At the end of the day how much offence can i give you by tell you to go F   uck yourself? your reading this from a computer. Im really not that intimidating and im really not causing any offence due to fact I''m so fuc  king harmless. Its just some words. you could be more offencive by not using swear words. so bad language isn''t bad.

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"]Does putting £2k a year of your hard earned money really entitle you to use offensive language? One can voice one''s concerns without it.
[/quote]Maybe in the world you were brought up in but this is a football match,and if i wanted to voice my opinion with out the language i would buy my season tickets in the river end,even so this particular time i was mumbling them to myself on the way down the tunnel what gives any steward the right to dictate to me what my feelings are and how to express them especially in a time when going the wrong way in the football leagues could see are beloved club dissaper into the archives.

[quote user="FASTasHUCK"]At the end of the day how much offence can i give you by tell you to go F   uck yourself? your reading this from a computer. Im really not that intimidating and im really not causing any offence due to fact I''m so fuc  king harmless. Its just some words. you could be more offencive by not using swear words. so bad language isn''t bad.[/quote]The thing is though you seem to be assuming that the person you''re abusing knows that you''re quite harmless and unintimidating. Surely without the rapport, they could legitimately take what you say seriously and thus find you rather offensive. Also I don''t really see how it follows from being able to be more offensive through not using swear words that bad language isn''t still offensive. Explain. [8-|]

[quote user="one 4 the future"]Maybe in the world you were brought up in but this is a football match,and if i wanted to voice my opinion with out the language i would buy my season tickets in the river end,even so this particular time i was mumbling them to myself on the way down the tunnel what gives any steward the right to dictate to me what my feelings are and how to express them especially in a time when going the wrong way in the football leagues could see are beloved club dissaper into the archives.[/quote]I don''t think the steward was dictating what feelings you should be having but rather that the way you were expressing them could be offensive to others. I''m not entirely sure what entitles you to do that. [:S]

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"][quote user="FASTasHUCK"]At the end of the day how much offence can i give you by tell you to go F   uck yourself? your reading this from a computer. Im really not that intimidating and im really not causing any offence due to fact I''m so fuc  king harmless. Its just some words. you could be more offencive by not using swear words. so bad language isn''t bad.[/quote]

The thing is though you seem to be assuming that the person you''re abusing knows that you''re quite harmless and unintimidating. Surely without the rapport, they could legitimately take what you say seriously and thus find you rather offensive. Also I don''t really see how it follows from being able to be more offensive through not using swear words that bad language isn''t still offensive. Explain. [8-|]
[/quote]

Well if you really want to hurt people don''t just call them CU Nt, C un ts are useful. You want to make the perospn your trying to offend feel usless. For instace when we played ipswich we called them wan  kers they didn''t care, but when it cam to where''s your prozzies gone... different story. no bad language used just a very sensitive issue.

[quote user="FASTasHUCK"]

Well if you really want to hurt people don''t just call them CU Nt, C un ts are useful. You want to make the perospn your trying to offend feel usless. For instace when we played ipswich we called them wan  kers they didn''t care, but when it cam to where''s your prozzies gone... different story. no bad language used just a very sensitive issue.

[/quote]Thanks for the quick reply!I still don''t see why this points to your conslusion that "bad language isn''t bad".

could be offensive to others - Lord Flashheart

Oh, cr@p on a stick!  You are spouting political correctness philosophy.  I find THAT offensive, so cut it out. How about the product on the field being offensive to the thousands of fans?  What politically correct answer do you have for that?

Well it doesn''t matter if its included or not when one is trying to voice their opinion. There is nothing wrong with using it, its just years of social taboo which has made it become what is know as bad language, I suppose its a bit like homesexuality in that sense. Eventually people will realise its not actually bad and it just words at the end of the day.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]

Oh, cr@p on a stick!  You are spouting political correctness philosophy.  I find THAT offensive, so cut it out. How about the product on the field being offensive to the thousands of fans?  What politically correct answer do you have for that?

[/quote]I can see you thought your reply through. [;)]Do you think it''s perfectly reasonable to offend who you like when you like? [:P]

[quote user="FASTasHUCK"]Well it doesn''t matter if its included or not when one is trying to voice their opinion. There is nothing wrong with using it, its just years of social taboo which has made it become what is know as bad language, I suppose its a bit like homesexuality in that sense. Eventually people will realise its not actually bad and it just words at the end of the day.[/quote]But isn''t it the years of social taboo which make it offensive? For example if I called the black person the N word, he would be quite offended it by it because of the stigma attached to it. Why should people realise it isn''t bad?

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"][quote user="FASTasHUCK"]Well it doesn''t matter if its included or not when one is trying to voice their opinion. There is nothing wrong with using it, its just years of social taboo which has made it become what is know as bad language, I suppose its a bit like homesexuality in that sense. Eventually people will realise its not actually bad and it just words at the end of the day.[/quote]

But isn''t it the years of social taboo which make it offensive? For example if I called the black person the N word, he would be quite offended it by it because of the stigma attached to it. Why should people realise it isn''t bad?
[/quote]

ok i will retract there is no such things as offencive language due to that being a great example of it, but swear words do not have this stigma attached to it so shouldn''t be seen as offencive, and as this was the original issue, people should be able to say them wherever and whenever you like.  

PS HC doesn''t know how to debate so just don''t reply.

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"][quote user="Houston Canary"]

[/quote]

I can see you thought your reply through. [;)]

Do you think it''s perfectly reasonable to offend who you like when you like? [:P]
[/quote]

We have the right to do so.  Do you think it''s reasonable to chant and cheer for a team that is putting forth a completely miserable product you have been duped into buying, never letting them know you are not satisfied with it?  If so, I have a Roeder chant for the next game.

To the Willie Nelson tune, On the Road Again

On the Roeder ''gain, just can''t wait to jump on the bandwagon,

The losses are killing me and my friends, but I can''t wait to cheer on Roeder again  Then the fans do a Roeder Roeder chant with hand clapping.

Surely the word b-a-s-t-a-r-d is a swear word attached to a particular social stigma, i.e. a person born of unmarried parents. Also isn''t the word b-u-g-g-e-r also attached by a particular stigma, i.e. being a sodomite? I don''t dispute that these stigmas are out of date, but they are swear words nonetheless attached to particular social stigmas. Agreed?

We have the right to do so.  Do you think it''s reasonable to chant and cheer for a team that is putting forth a completely miserable product you have been duped into buying, never letting them know you are not satisfied with it?  If so, I have a Roeder chant for the next game.

[/quote]My issue is with using offensive language, not necessarily with booing Glenn Roeder.

but swear words do not have this stigma - Dumb as Phuck

I challenge you to go into a day care or nursery school and sing some rhymes for the kids, but pepper them up with some unoffensive curse words and see who isn''t offended, you idiot.

Mary had a little f#cking lamb, little f#cking lamb, little f#cking lamb, or maybe Baa baa black sheep, have you any f#ucking wool, yes sir, yes sir, 3 sh!t bags full.

but swear words do not have this stigma - Dumb as Phuck

I challenge you to go into a day care or nursery school and sing some rhymes for the kids, but pepper them up with some unoffensive curse words and see who isn''t offended, you idiot.

Mary had a little f#cking lamb, little f#cking lamb, little f#cking lamb, or maybe Baa baa black sheep, have you any f#ucking wool, yes sir, yes sir, 3 sh!t bags full.

[/quote]Was that really necessary? [:D]

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"]Surely the word b-a-s-t-a-r-d is a swear word attached to a particular social stigma, i.e. a person born of unmarried parents. Also isn''t the word b-u-g-g-e-r also attached by a particular stigma, i.e. being a sodomite? I don''t dispute that these stigmas are out of date, but they are swear words nonetheless attached to particular social stigmas. Agreed?
[/quote]

Agreed but if it is out of date then its not offensive anymore. Agreed?

So the bad words are offensive, but not booing someone?  I think both are intended to be offensive, which is why upset people use them, to let those who disappointed or cheated them know they (the cheated) want them (the crook) to be offended.

Free speech is about being allowed to say things others don''t agree with.  At the same time, I do agree we should have standards of what is acceptable.  However, I don''t think most people really find sodomy as okay as you apparently do. They just don''t speak out against it.  Besides, it''s easier to call someone a f#cker than it is an azzf#cker. [;)]

[quote user="FASTasHUCK"]

Agreed but if it is out of date then its not offensive anymore. Agreed?

[/quote]Well that''s the issue. Should the n-word be nonoffensive now racism has died down? It no doubt persists across the globe and maybe that''s why it retains its force. It''s one worth thinking about. [8-)]Thankyou for not resorting to childishness.

So the bad words are offensive, but not booing someone?  I think both are intended to be offensive, which is why upset people use them, to let those who disappointed or cheated them know they (the cheated) want them (the crook) to be offended.

[/quote]

Perhaps but then one should ask whether this is a particularly constructive method of instigating change. We could have that debate all night and quite frankly there are enough threads already here to start another. [:$][quote user="Houston Canary"]

Free speech is about being allowed to say things others don''t agree with.  At the same time, I do agree we should have standards of what is acceptable.  However, I don''t think most people really find sodomy as okay as you apparently do. They just don''t speak out against it.  Besides, it''s easier to call someone a f#cker than it is an azzf#cker. [;)]

[/quote]I''m all for free-speech but as you say there is a line where things start to be needlessly insulting. One can have a point of view without deliberately intended to upset or offend another.Thanks for your responses. [I]

I would say racisim has totally died down though. You know with whole institutional racsim issue and that. And what we did to black people was pretty bad and not enough time has past for that to die down. I try not to be childish as a 17year old.

[quote user="FASTasHUCK"]I would say racisim has totally died down though. You know with whole institutional racsim issue and that. And what we did to black people was pretty bad and not enough time has past for that to die down. I try not to be childish as a 17year old.[/quote]

The thing that really strikes me about racism is that it seems

to be a predominantly a white-on-black issue. Comments about the Irish, the Welsh, and apparently

the Chinese are fair game (Ghost Town, the new Ricky Gervais film, has

a skit about everyone being equal except the Chinese, which I was

absolutely amazed by. It is absolutely inconceivable that a similar

joke could be made about black people, yet apparently the Chinese are

fair game). There are plenty of people who will get very upset

when it comes to racist jokes about black people, but will happily

indulge in the same sort of jokes when it comes to other

races and nationalities. [:S]

Its seems someone else has to be the punchline. I prefer to take the piss out of myself and my background. Also the Black on white racsim normally turns a blind eye.

Perhaps but then one should ask whether this is a particularly constructive method of instigating change. We could have that debate all night and quite frankly there are enough threads already here to start another. Embarrassed [:$] - LF

If nobody speaks up against the outrage and cause them to be offended or shamed, what incentive do they have to improve? That was the point of my sarcastic chant for Glen Roeder.  Cheer him on as he steers the team deeper into trouble so he isn''t offended while the fans absolutely are offended.  That makes no sense.