I just watched the highlights on canaries world and have to say that getting a centre back in is more important than keeping lita. Elliott was dreadful and at fault for all 3 goals, and was saved by doc on a couple of occasions. I know he''s not a centreback, but i would rather play drury there as at least he is an experienced player. Doc isn''t the most reliable either but he''s all we have. I think the best thing we can hope for is to get Cureton back from his loan as he is starting to come back into form and can be recalled this week. Then go out and preferably buy, if not loan a couple of defenders with experience and not more youngsters who are "still learning the game" at our expense.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/7802317.stm

The first two goals were a combination of defence and midfield.   The first shoudl have had no danger even when Tyson beat Omo had either clingan or pattison bothered to trck back with their midfield runner/scorer;  he had a free shot from the edge of the box which was poorer defending than Omo;   Omo was there and beaten;   our midfield vanished.

For the second Omo was turned,  but CLingan was there and had time to put in a harder clearing challenge;  the danger was obvious but he was not teh last man and his effort was weak;  he shoudl have taken the man and ball but instead teed the ball up for the strike;  a powder puff challenge on half committed.

That two midfielders scored their goals weakly or completely unchallenged was the summary of the whole game for me.

For the last goal Ots simply took the throw too quickly;  Omo and Doc were still too far upfield when he took it, meaning that the forst striker could stand onside but behind the centre backs simply by being behind the thrower.  Its basic football,  yet Ots took the throw despite being able to see across the pitch and assess that danger;   his doziness missed that basic awareness  ;  Croft lost the header and it went straight to the onside but clean through striker who had to simply side step a lunging back tracking doc. 

Regardless of who''s fault it was on Sunday, we need two new centre backs  imo urgently. There are going to be hard scrappy matches coming up in a relegation dog fight and we have to be able to grind out results and keep it tight at the back. 3 centre backs at a club our size is the least amount we need, seeing as we have just one currently in Doherty. God knows where the money is going to come from to get them, but if we dont i''m sure we will be playing league 1 football next season.