Sign in to follow this  
norfolkbroadslim

Does Roeder have a problem?

The more I read his comments the more I begin to wonder if Glenn is ''all there''.  I am not being nasty or malicious but time after time, after time, he says things, does things, makes decisions that just beggar belief, you could understand some of his decisions if you were told that his aim was to destroy NCFC.

The latest contradictory rhubarb that he has spouted is currently on the pinkun home page where he is talking about Lita.  He bemoans that we will be down to about 14 outfield players come January, and that he will have little or no money to spend.  IF that is the case, why oh why are there any senior players out on loan?  Why?

That Mr Roeder is just plain suicidal.

I do think you have lost the plot completely Glenn.

You have to go, but is that a realistic solution to our current problems? 

The board will still be there,  we will still have no money, not only this but Roeder''s successor will have the same if not less money to spend, an impossible task? 

The best we can hope for is survival, and then try and build on that next season, or is it? 

Is the best we can hope for relegation?  Would this bring around an immediate change of manager and hopefully ownership?

I think you could be right about Roedernowhere. He does appear to have personal issues that get in the way of him becoming a good manager!

Yes we''ve got money problems but then so have most other clubs and I''d say we''re better of many others in this Division. So I think if we got a capable manager then we could do well despite our financial shortages!

i notice his interveiws now mention survival a lot more these days rather than pushing up higher end of  the table where a club like norwich should be [:D]

I agree and have been thinking of raising this point for some time. It does appear he has some sort of hang up where he regularly defies other logical thought. Numerous examples are:

1) Huckerby - did not like the thought he was a legend and wished to put him in his place.

2) Other existing players when he arrived - immediatedly wrote most of them off although during the spell they remained here they pulled together and saved us from relegation.

3) Playing players out of position - classic Bell on left the other week when Croft did not play. Russell up front. Pattison occasionally on right.

4) Drops players for no particular reason after they have had a reasonable game.

5) Seems not to be the slightest bit interested in giving young players already on the books a chance. I still maintain Martin and Spillane under good management could be useful.

6) Persists with an out of form Bertrand despite the fact that Drury''s experience desperately needed at the moment. I am not the greatest fan of Drury but when he plays these days he looks more competent than his other colleagues.

7) For some reason will not give the likes of Lupoli and Lappin any opportunity but always willing to fit in Fotheringham etc.

8) Appears to base team selection on what happens on the training ground rather than on matchdays.

9) Supposedly his main strength is coaching but I have seen no player improve since he has been here.

10) Regular excuse nowadays is "it is just a matter of opinions"

As a manager of people has a strange attitude towards people and I would suspect he lost "the dressing room" possibly even before the end of last season. Is he the main reason why key members of staff have left Carrow Road ?? Has had to contend with a fair amount of injuries but these tend to happen with players who had seen better days before they arrived here.

Finally it probably sums it all up in that he brings Sibierski here but does not think Huckerby is good enough and Shackell is allowed to go to be replaced by an assortment of indifferent central defenders.

Don''t forget that Roeder has made a significant contribution to our money problems. Would we have been much worse off if we had none of the loan players and had stuck with our own youth?

We would probably have saved somewhere between 1 and 2 million quid in fees and inflated wages.

Would we have been worse off if we had not bought Wes Hoolahan or David Bell and still had Huckerby. Thats another half million or more we could have saved.

He has wasted a hell of a lot of money and we have a team which is worse in every area of the pitch on current form.

I just wonder how much is down to the lack of quality in the side or how much is down to tactics and motivation. It is starting to look like what little motivational and tactical skill there was in the management team left with Mr Clark. Roeder has looked like a little boy lost the last couple of games.

Sibierski was "the final piece of the jigsaw". He was brought here as a "large target man". He has never ever been this and never will be . He has always been an attacking midfielder or a second striker playing off a large centre forward. I was astonished that Roder had this view of him at the time. Quite clearly he was not suited for the role he was brought in to play. Nothing short of managerial incompetence. I trust we have inserted a clause in Jamie Cureton''s loan deal preventing him from playing against us. If we haven''t, you just know what''s going to happen.