Sign in to follow this  
ncfcstar

Opinions on Booing

Some of you may have been reading the thread in which "max" thinks that no-one should boo, as it does not help the players.

An opinion which I think is literally true, of course it can''t help, but in my opinion the players were so so bad, that after 45 minutes of support today, and still not changing how they played, they deserved to be booed.

What do you rabble think? Did the players deserve to be booed today, or should we not even boo in the first place?

[quote user="ncfcstar"]Some of you may have been reading the thread in which "max" thinks that no-one should boo, as it does not help the players. An opinion which I think is literally true, of course it can''t help, but in my opinion the players were so so bad, that after 45 minutes of support today, and still not changing how they played, they deserved to be booed. What do you rabble think? Did the players deserve to be booed today, or should we not even boo in the first place?[/quote]

When players play like they play today they well and truly deserve to be booed for sure, at the end of the day most peoples employment is target driven and are judged on results so why should footballers be any different especially with the financial rewards they pick up each week?!

If you pay your monies you are entitled to whatever opinion you like in my eyes. Although the boos should not be reserved just for the players the whole club is riddled with failure and more attention should be focused on others who fail miserably also.....

I also booed at half time, and notice the music seemed to be rather loud as the players came out for the second half? Or was that just my imagination?

I didn''t boo at full time, I was already on the coach waiting to go back home, I couldn''t be bothered come Earnshaw''s goal, first time I have done that since the majestic QPR comeback from Earnshaw 2 seasons ago

[quote user="ncfcstar"]Some of you may have been reading the thread in which "max" thinks that no-one should boo, as it does not help the players. An opinion which I think is literally true, of course it can''t help, but in my opinion the players were so so bad, that after 45 minutes of support today, and still not changing how they played, they deserved to be booed. What do you rabble think? Did the players deserve to be booed today, or should we not even boo in the first place?[/quote]

I can''t say about your game but I''d never boo my own players personally but I certainly respect the right of those who want to - it''s just that I cannot see what it achieves apart from enabling cheesed off supporters to let off steam and perhaps feel better which is fair enough.

But I doubt it changes performances and even more doubtful that it corrects a score line if you are two or three down and playing poorly.

You have, however, paid your money and you are entitled to boo if you want to,  I think.  I just don''t think it changes anything and so I''ve never bothered even when, on one memorable occasion, we were 4-0 down at home after 17 minutes..............[+o(]

[quote user="The Walking Man"]

It was correct to boo at half time after that complete shower of horse manure, but after a somewhat improved second half I didn''t boo at full time...

[/quote]it''s just typical tho, we start to play well when we''re behind. The starting set up is clearly wrong and too easy to play around

Heard plenty of groans during play but no booing,  which was reserved for the half and full time whistles.  I cant see anything wrong with that.   The fans have paid their hard earned money to be entertained (and football is part of teh entertainment industry) so to see over paid over inflated egos balking at performing apparently because its not what they want tobe doing on a sunday/cold day/ at that moment in time is totally unacceptable.  And how else are anyone at the club to become aware of the fans opinions?   Writing on fora like this?  

Based on yest performance they would get as far as the pc then decide they couldnt be bothered. 

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"][quote user="The Walking Man"]

It was correct to boo at half time after that complete shower of horse manure, but after a somewhat improved second half I didn''t boo at full time...

[/quote]

it''s just typical tho, we start to play well when we''re behind. The starting set up is clearly wrong and too easy to play around
[/quote]

Sorry Jimmy,  at no time yesterday did we play well - and we were behind for 77 minutes plus stoppage time.

If they''re crap let them know, let them know in no uncertain termsyou''re not having it. I''m in Glasgow, but well remember being at Carrow Road in the ''Chase Out'' days, particularly a Boxing Day defeat to Southend United, when the protest continued outside the ground afterwards. & I know from fan demos at my home club (Motherwell) just two seasons back the difference a strong, united supporters voice makes.

Maybe the Norwich support has mellowed to the extent they''re prepared to tolerate the rubbish Smith & Roeder are throwing at them? I have to go on internet/EDP etc reports these days for info, but it seems sad that people are attending home matches & acepting any old drivel. You really must earn your money easily down in Norfolk nowadays if you''re prepared to hand it to the club & in return put up with what this management & team are giving you!

Smith''s appointments - Hamilton, Grant & Roeder. Must do better...

Ort maybe there will be a Carrow Road news conference today to announce a change of management?

[:@]

Re booing/cheering.

As i''ve always understood it, the whole point of cheering is to give the team a boost, getting behind them, give them the confidence and atmosphere to proceed positively in the game. That''s why i''ve always done it anyway, to help fire them up and get that result. Booing doesn''t help whatsoever, and i can understand us supporters being unhappy when things aren''t going our way, but there''s no need for booing our own. They know when they''re playing ***, will know the fans are unhappy, and so the booing only really serves to up the oppositions game if anything.... :bash:

Totally agree with Camuldonum, can''t see what booing acheives?

Alex, were you at the game? I very very very rarely boo, but yesterday was just an absolutely disgusting performance, and in my opinion it was thoroughly deserved.

[quote user="ncfcstar"]Alex, were you at the game? I very very very rarely boo, but yesterday was just an absolutely disgusting performance, and in my opinion it was thoroughly deserved.[/quote]

No, afraid not. Don''t get me wrong, i totally understand why people boo but just don''t feel it acheives anything tht''s all. I must admit though, although i''m an optimist, my patience is finally running/run out. I have no problem with Roeder as a person, he calls a spade a spade and i like that, but tactically i don''t think anyone can say he''s not making horrendous mistakes. No offence to Rusty but where the hell was Lupoli?????? Irrespective of his build he''s a proven goalscorer at this level, that''s a fact so far, so the tactics displayed by Roeder are beyond worrying. Yet if he goes, i genuinely can''t see what option we''d have other than perhaps Boothroyd?

Lupoli must start the next game.

[quote user="Alex"]

[quote user="ncfcstar"]Alex, were you at the game? I very very very rarely boo, but yesterday was just an absolutely disgusting performance, and in my opinion it was thoroughly deserved.[/quote]

No, afraid not. Don''t get me wrong, i totally understand why people boo but just don''t feel it acheives anything tht''s all. I must admit though, although i''m an optimist, my patience is finally running/run out. I have no problem with Roeder as a person, he calls a spade a spade and i like that, but tactically i don''t think anyone can say he''s not making horrendous mistakes. No offence to Rusty but where the hell was Lupoli?????? Irrespective of his build he''s a proven goalscorer at this level, that''s a fact so far, so the tactics displayed by Roeder are beyond worrying. Yet if he goes, i genuinely can''t see what option we''d have other than perhaps Boothroyd?

Lupoli must start the next game.

[/quote]

Well I let my feelings known as much as the next fan, I did boo at half time and when Earnie scored the easiest goal of his life, I''m only glad he only came on as a sub, with our defence he would have reached double figures had he started the match, but to get rid of Roeder is not the answer, all we do is free the board of any blame by him going,

I think that if footballers are good enough to be on the money they earn these days. They can put up with boo''s from the crowd. If their going to put in such a pathetic performance and then claim the crowds booing is not doing any good then they shouldn''t be footballers and certaintly shouldn''t be on the money they are.

Elo, sorry about yesterday ncfcstar, was rather pissed off, but i still stick to my point, you want your team to do well. When a team is loosing and getting bood they make mistakes etc, which will lead to another goal, they are then boo''d even more, which will make them NOT want the ball, and hide as they dont want to make mistakes, then the team just score at will. Which is then ended by boo''s, "sack the manager", "delia out" and all that shit, that is the deadly circle of booing, in the end your causing the loss, and yes players SHOULD be able to take it, but they cant, therefore it''s pointless and a waste of time, if you REALLY want to, boo at the end followed by the pointless chants, but please, i beg you DONT BOO WHILST THE TEAM IS PLAYING... Thank-you, you''ll notice the difference :)

My opinion on Boeing is that it is a fine company that makes terrific aircraft.  Experts obviously agree because you can see Boeings at pretty much any commercial airport in the world.

i joined in the communal ''boo'' at half time and got called a w*nker from the bloke in front!!! that is the problem with our club, we have fans who although we are 2-0 down at half time to a team who.... 1. lost to doncaster 4-2 AT HOME, 2. have only won 4 games in the whole season so far and 3.were 22nd at the start of the game, will defend the team however they play and call fans like me a w*nker for booing..... i like many will support our team as long as i see commitment and passion. yesterday reminded me of plymouth away last season.

Maybe we should chant this is unexceptable but don''t feel bad if that makes over paid players that will just move on if we get relagated sleep better at night let''s not upset them they are fragile.

I shall never boo,i will applaud the players on and off the field every game no matter how bad they play.I shall be cheering my head off when we are relegated and will be front of the queue to renew my season ticket.I can''t wait till next season in div 1,my biggest fear is leeds get promoted and we won''t get to see them.It is supporters like me that make this club as great as what it is.I am what is know as a happy clapper and by the sounds of it there are more than enough of us to convince our ambitionless board they are doing a good job.................................................................................................ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

IMO everything at Carrow Road on sunday was disgraceful.  the football, the referee and the linesmen and the fans.  It was too damn quiet there at the game. im not saying this is to blame for the state of the football but come on? What is it? are you all too fat and exhausted from Christmas dinner?  it was only noisey when the boo boys woke up and thats disgracefull at any football match.  No matter what is going wrong with this club and who people think is to blame, but i think for sundays performance that everyone is at fault and everyone should take a long hard look at themselves before blaming everyone else. its about time we showed everyone what fans are all about and what 25000 fans should sound like. whats the expression......."Lead by example"  and this goes for on and off the pitch.

Im all for booing shite football. A fan who doesnt boo at a team who have just been played off the park by a managerless bottom of the league outfit isnt a fan at all. He is a coward.

if we where 3 up people would still boo as the football wasn''t good enough for them if you looked at yesterdays stats you would see that we actually performed reasonably well

[quote user="jewish"]if we where 3 up people would still boo as the football wasn''t good enough for them if you looked at yesterdays stats you would see that we actually performed reasonably well
[/quote]

If you were at the match then you would have seen that we actually performed reasonably appallingly!

[quote user="jewish"]foir significant periods of the game it looked like forest where hanging on by there fingernails
[/quote]

Sorry, must have missed that.