Sign in to follow this  
ricky knight

Roeder supporters

When the team stop playing for him. We have lost quite a few games this season despite playing well, against Forest we lost, played appallingly and it would seem gave no effort, energy or will to win etc. One of those a season is enough, if it happens again I will believe that he''s lost the dressing room and should go. I couldn''t care less what he thinks of the fans or even what the players think of him so long as they respect him.

[quote user="SPat"]When the team stop playing for him. We have lost quite a few games this season despite playing well, against Forest we lost, played appallingly and it would seem gave no effort, energy or will to win etc. One of those a season is enough, if it happens again I will believe that he''s lost the dressing room and should go. I couldn''t care less what he thinks of the fans or even what the players think of him so long as they respect him. [/quote]Sort of agree, if we start to play like that more often than not, then I will agree with the GR outers. But currently we are "mostly" playing well but not getting the results. Roeder in (for the time being).

When Delia and Co leave!

It''s absolutely pointless changing the manager if the current board and owners are going to appoint the next one.

Agree with that. The game against Forest was unacceptable and a clear sign that Roeder is running out of time. However, he still has my support for the time being.

We have games coming up against Barnsley, Southampton and Doncaster and if we don''t get a good tally from them then I will agree a change is needed.

At least another 12 months. It takes a minimum of two years to turn any ''ship'' around and get things going in a certain direction. Wenger, Ferguson, Grady,

Football now has such a short term time line for success. the Sky / Prem marriage has produced a paranoia in fans that success is demanded, not applauded. It didn''t used to be like this.

Surprised the anti mob missed this.... though even I have to conceded its scary the parallel between West Ham and ourselves...... the football they played during this period was some of the best I''ve ever seen - yet still they went down. Personally I think its fantastic they (he?) stuck to footballing principles, nut its a very sad insight into the realities of todays game. Personally you can poke the prem...... but thats a long story.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2008/may/04/sportfeatures.footballmanagers

15 monthes the plank has had at the club and we look like we''ll be grateful to come 4th from bottom at the end of the season!

Sorry but I don''t agree about all this - "we''re playing well but not getting results" talk we heard before yesterdays embarrassment. I don''t consider passing the ball sideways in the middle of the park all day but getting nowhere, missing the few chances we get badly and conceding goals far too easily as ''playing well''.

Our genuine good performances have been few and far between, I can think of Plymouth and Forest away and the Sc*m, Sheff U and Wolves at homes as games where we got a POSITIVE result coming from a good performances. Yes their have been other games where we''ve looked good but have give away goals and/or not scored goals.

Roeders abysml record speaks for himself and despite him yet again rubbishing supporters in todays EDP saying they think they more than what they actually do, fans like myself who wouldn''t claim to be footy experts can see whats going on. In fact I''d suggest that persons who''ve only been watching Norwich for a fraction of the time I have can see whats going on!

I thinks yesterdays drivel was partly due to playing 2 games in 3 days which is no excuse but Norwich didn''t cope with it. But I was concerned that our normally livewire, tenacious midfielder Darel Russell looked very subdued to the point he didn''t look interested. Was he playing for Roedernowhere then?

Roedernowhere out before he takes us down!

Grant done the decent and right thing and walked which I respect him for.

Judging by Roeders reaction to the crowd turning against him yesterday, I''d say he''ll try and hang on until he gets the bullet which I ope ASAP! 

Good question Ricky.I think the point is that Roeder has produced a team which can play far better football than Grant''s ever did. It can certainly be argued that they should be doing it more regularly, but most seem to think it is more entertaining to watch (Sunday''s performance being an unfortunate exception). It''s going to need several more months & 2 or 3 more players to acheive this.The main problems he has had are having any defensive stability wrecked (bad luck) & very little by way of attack (don''t know).Basically, if he can''t take the club forward by the end of the season, he should probably go.

Very good question. As Ron says, the football has generally been better, but we are not producing results and sliding ever closer to the trapdoor.The fact that Roeder is a PR disaster doesn''t help, and I consider him to be an uncharismatic, unlikeable bloke ( I thought the same thing about Ron Saunders, but at least he got results,even if the football was awful).

Having said all that, I honestly feel that to throw a new manager in at this stage of the season with no financial backing would make relegation inevitable, as opposed to highly likely.

[quote user="Beauseant"]

Very good question. As Ron says, the football has generally been better, but we are not producing results and sliding ever closer to the trapdoor.The fact that Roeder is a PR disaster doesn''t help, and I consider him to be an uncharismatic, unlikeable bloke ( I thought the same thing about Ron Saunders, but at least he got results,even if the football was awful).

Having said all that, I honestly feel that to throw a new manager in at this stage of the season with no financial backing would make relegation inevitable, as opposed to highly likely.

[/quote]

agree with that, and the fact that when we play well we still lose games is a sign of a very poor side. The only reason for me that I still believe he should be given a chance is down to the fact of working with one hand tied behind his back due to lack of funds. Every transfer window he has to replace six/seven players which is nigh on impossible....

Ron, can you honestly, hand on heart say we have improved since last season? Have we really played better in the majority of our games this season than last year (with Roeder, but Roeder using Grant''s players)?.

I haven''t been to many away games but have seen every home game and I am sorry, but very few have entertained me and fewer still have made me proud to be a City fan. Added to that very few of the so called promising performances have added to our points tally.

Despite a few promising signings (Bell, Hoolahan and Clingan), Roeder has continually shifted players from one position to the next, played out of form players while more able players sit it out on the bench, he''s sold our own players and loaned in replacements. Disappointing is the key word for me. Well the kind and polite one. I am sure the three aforementioned players are a whole lot better than we have seen of late and could do better in a settled team playing some tactics employed by someone who knows what he''s doing. (Sorry Mr Roeder, but you don''t have the exclusivity on being a decent football manager, there are hey, at least 15 in this league better than you).

With Grant''s players we went on a long unbeaten run (was it 14 games, can''t remember). This year, with his players, his choice of backroom staff, what is our longest unbeaten run? Er.....

Defensive stability, I think not, although Doc, bless him performs heroics most games taking on the task of the entire back four. Attack? Well some games we don''t even play with a recognised striker. And who''s going to get the goals in January if Lita goes? Has he thought this one through?

And then there''s Mr Roeder''s charm offensives. Top of the League in standup comedy maybe, but we don''t get any points for that do we.

Progress. Nil. We are in the same position as this time last year, give me a year and then judge me Roeder said. We did and on Sunday afternoon he got the verdict. But hell, what do we know, we are only fans.

If life were perfect Ron, Roeder might get the funds to build his ideal team, but as it''s NCFC he won''t. He''s had his budget - and then some, due to the generosity of Carl Moore and the Directors.

I wanted to like this manager, we have had enough grief in the recent past with managers. This one came in with a footballing philosophy, but sadly he''s his words speak much louder than any actions.

Whilst its obvious that financially things are tough at Carrow Rd, I''m sure we''re still better of than many other clubs in this Division a fact that Neil Doncaster often says himself in inreviews and in his EDP columns. It shouldn''t be used as an excuse for Roedernowheres terrible record as our manager!

Yes it would be tough on any new manager coming in after Roeders departure but then again getting shot of the t*at may have the same effect as when he was first installed with the players performing out of their skin to impress a new boss. Yes I believe thats the truth when it comes to our long unbeaten run last season!

I believe the local NHS is to offer free help to Norwich fans who still try to defend the terrible mistake of a manager we have!

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]Ron, can you honestly, hand on heart say we have improved since last season? Have we really played better in the majority of our games this season than last year (with Roeder, but Roeder using Grant''s players)?.[/quote]I would put my hand on heart and say yes. I''ve never seen a more toothless, unthreatening, tactically naive side than Grants bumbling first 11 at the start of last season. We''re not far from that in patches, but in patches we play very, very well. There was no evidence of that under Grant. So it''s an improvement, but not the improvement we were all hoping for.

I''d agree we look better at times but at the end of the day we aren''t good enough to get results because we aren''t playing as team more often than not, Roedernowhere doesn''t pick his best 11, plays people out of position all of which is an end result that is very very poor!

And end results is what football is about and that buck stops with the manager

- F*ck off Roeder!

You are a sad embarrassing episode of our great club that needs to be ended ASAP!

gtgI''m really trying to form a concensual opinion here - & the concensus does seem to be that the football is better (in general); one of the SSN commentators described parts of the performance against Charlton as "Arsenalesque", which sounds pretty good to me, coming from an unbiased viewpoint.I think the tendency is for the players to play as strangers all too often. This is due to the fact that they are still in their infancy as a team & to Glenn''s often bewildering tactical decisions. However, I would be very surprised if he doesn''t see the bleedin'' obviousness of how bizarre these decisions must appear & I think that the reason for these is due to the deeper knowledge he has of what is occurring with the players during the other 86,310 mionutyes of the week. He may be wrong in his conclusions, but we''ll never know the full story. All that really matters is the league table at the end of the season.I really do believe he has been unlucky defensively; to lose all 3 of Dejan, Grounds & Kennedy must have seemed highly unlikely (I don''t think many missed Shackell when he went). It has also meant there is now no incentive for Otsemobor to get off his backside.Incidentally, I doubt if Brian Clough was always popular with his players (or that fan he punched!)

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]Ron, can you honestly, hand on heart say we have improved since last season? Have we really played better in the majority of our games this season than last year (with Roeder, but Roeder using Grant''s players)?. I haven''t been to many away games but have seen every home game and I am sorry, but very few have entertained me and fewer still have made me proud to be a City fan. Added to that very few of the so called promising performances have added to our points tally. Despite a few promising signings (Bell, Hoolahan and Clingan), Roeder has continually shifted players from one position to the next, played out of form players while more able players sit it out on the bench, he''s sold our own players and loaned in replacements. Disappointing is the key word for me. Well the kind and polite one. I am sure the three aforementioned players are a whole lot better than we have seen of late and could do better in a settled team playing some tactics employed by someone who knows what he''s doing. (Sorry Mr Roeder, but you don''t have the exclusivity on being a decent football manager, there are hey, at least 15 in this league better than you). With Grant''s players we went on a long unbeaten run (was it 14 games, can''t remember). This year, with his players, his choice of backroom staff, what is our longest unbeaten run? Er..... Defensive stability, I think not, although Doc, bless him performs heroics most games taking on the task of the entire back four. Attack? Well some games we don''t even play with a recognised striker. And who''s going to get the goals in January if Lita goes? Has he thought this one through? And then there''s Mr Roeder''s charm offensives. Top of the League in standup comedy maybe, but we don''t get any points for that do we. Progress. Nil. We are in the same position as this time last year, give me a year and then judge me Roeder said. We did and on Sunday afternoon he got the verdict. But hell, what do we know, we are only fans. If life were perfect Ron, Roeder might get the funds to build his ideal team, but as it''s NCFC he won''t. He''s had his budget - and then some, due to the generosity of Carl Moore and the Directors. I wanted to like this manager, we have had enough grief in the recent past with managers. This one came in with a footballing philosophy, but sadly he''s his words speak much louder than any actions.[/quote]

As everYou speak alot of sense in this post Gazza

There is a world of difference between popularity and respect. Brian Clough was not particularly popular and deliberately kept a distance between himself and his players. However, he had tremendous respect and this was earned by his honesty and the way in which he conducted himself. Players were desperate to play for him and would run through brick walls for him. Our lot yesterday (with two exceptions) wouldn''t have been able to fight their way out of a paper bag. But I suppose they had played a couple of days earlier and were naturally tired. I have supported Roeder since his appointment and would give him credit for the rescue last season. However, it has become more and more apparent that he is not the man for the job, lacks motivational skills and loses respect because of his arrogant and sarcastic manner. In the longer term we need a Manager along the lines of those installed at, for example, Swansea, Burnley, Peterborough and Milton Keynes.Any ideas?

Ron

Ah, a comment from one of those never brave enough to try football management eh? lol. We may have played sporadically (and I use that term lightly) as a joined up unit, but only IF the entire team were up for it, despite some of them playing out of position (when better options were on the bench/out on loan/frozen out). The reason they play as strangers is they are rarely ever the same 11 on the pitch and it''s obvious they don''t either like nor understand the tactics employed by Mr Roeder. Unless we can take as fact that all 11 are totally incompetent, what other reason is there?

To be honest with you, the only pluses for me about Roeder (certainly after the Huckerby fiasco) was his total football philosophy. Trouble is, he''s now upset or disillusioned the majority of the playing staff, confidence is nil. Sure we get the old school trio of Doc, Russell and Fozzy telling us it''s not good enough in the papers, and then not being able to translate those words on the pitch, but Roeder - despite one good half an hour every four games - is NOT doing it. We are in exactly the position as last season, after an extensive clear out, with his players, coaches. Roeder 100% now. And it''s still not right.

IF he were a man of honour, a man who had this club at his heart I would give him all the time in the world. But he''s done all he can to alienate practically everyone connected to the club. IF he were doing well we could probably forget about him and think ahead, hope for the future. As it is now we can''t do any of that, only hope for a way out of this mess. No, it''s not all his doing (his hands were tied from the beginning due to the Board''s policies to that date) but he is certainly taking failure and blame to his heart and lashing out at anyone and everyone, while failing to look at the person responsible.

Grounds was good while he lasted, but a loan player, can''t depend on him long term. Kennedy, injury prone, again a shame. Steph a gamble. But selling Shackell? Not probably a great decision with a paper thin squad. Semmy may have no direct competition for his place, but is that Semmy''s fault? Who is supposed to be motivating him exactly?

As for Brian Clough, having been lucky enough to have watched Notts Forest during their best years (while working in the area) it''s true he was outspoken and had bizarre rituals at times, but what he did have was a winning mentality and until Roeder can hold up any kind of comparison to Clough, (or indeed Worthington) he should keep his mouth firmly shut and concentrate on what he should be doing. That is, managing his team.

[quote user="ricky knight"]So in your opinion IBA, Grant was booted out too early.[/quote]

No. There were other issues with Grant

I would give him until the end of January to see the squad we have at our disposal, and if we end up with (say) Cureton as our main striker and no established centre back cover then I think it''s fair to say his time will have come (and League One, here we come).

Surely though Chops that would be the worst time. Either he goes now to give a new brain a couple of weeks to change a couple of faces or he stays until the end of the season and beyond.

Beyond for me unless anyone can prove whats in his contract and who the alternative would likely be.