Sign in to follow this  
Irish canary

Charlton and the Cup!!

Do people believe we are better off going on a bit of a cup run season (if possible!!!) or better off just been out of it so we can concentrate on lets face it, staying in the championship!!

Thoughts??!

If we were lower mid table with nothing to play for, then yes, but we are running relegation too close now.We seriously need to just concentrate on the league now.

No - its hardly a major distraction as we''re not going to get to Wembley. Personally i love the FA Cup and am looking forward to a good day out on saturday without the tension of the league and the chronic need for points detracting from it. And yes I want us to win. Although I hate it that it has come to it if we get through and get a decent tie the cash it brings in could enable us to bring in a decent loan or even fund a modest player purchase and we need all the help we can get right now!

We never do well at Charlton. Irrespective of Charlton''s abysmal season so far, I honestly can''t see that changing on Saturday.

And regardless of the fact I live only 3 miles from The Valley, I won''t be making the short trip down the hill to see us get turned over by that lot again.

[quote user="Rupethebear"]Lets go and get our first win in London this century and get drawn at home to Man U in R4 and then the Roedent will be a hero again!![/quote]

that will only happen if Roeder plays the same team that beat the Arsenal reserves, and to be honest I hope he does, because we need to focus on the league,and can do without injuries this cup is renound for, and for what its worth the league is or should be our main aim and stuff the silverware.   

[quote user="Irish canary"]

Do people believe we are better off going on a bit of a cup run season (if possible!!!) or better off just been out of it so we can concentrate on lets face it, staying in the championship!!

Thoughts??!

[/quote]Its always better to win football matches, the chance to breed some kind of confidence hopefully.  Would be nice to win a couple of cup matches this season if possible