Sign in to follow this  
pennywise

worthy out activists ?

where are you all  ? wheres the roeder out website? wheres the roeder out car stickers ? wheres gordon or whatever his name is who popped up on radio norfolk every week calling for worthy to be sacked ? things were nowhere near as bad as this when you hounded worthy out.. where are you when your really needed  ?

Come on dont you know Roeder is God, we are playing nice football, although losing nearly everyone, he will turn it round, not like that nasty Worthy, premier league what a moron.

[quote user="wayne kerr"]where are you all  ? wheres the roeder out website? wheres the roeder out car stickers ? wheres gordon or whatever his name is who popped up on radio norfolk every week calling for worthy to be sacked ? things were nowhere near as bad as this when you hounded worthy out.. where are you when your really needed  ?[/quote]But this time it doesn''t simply involve a change of manager. I can see your point as things were not as bad as this when worthy was hounded out, but I also think your point highlights the rubbish a typical match attendee of today is prepared to accept.

why does it takle the same people to lead you?  why not be a leader instead of a sheep if you feel so strongly?

There are differences between now and then.  And just as the club has moved on from the recent years experiences so have these guys;  the stress and negativity of that unwanted but self induced profile having left its own mark.

I also think there is far more disunity between the fans on what the clubs need.  Cash, leadership, players, coaching, managing or all of the above;   the fans need to feel for a common cause,  and while the last protests were divisive the was a far greater level of demonstrable support than the feeling on the ground at the moment.   

Perhaps the apathy has spread? 

I liked Worthy because he did produce the goods for us and was successful (something Roedernowhere will proably never do!) but stayed a year too long which was why I was at the Worthy out protests.

If enough people assemble outside the city stand before and/or after a 1st team to make it wothwhile then I''ll be out there cause the last sorry months of the Worthy era isn''t a patch on the cr*p we''re having to put up with the W*nker of a manager we have now who will take us very near or into the 3rd flight!

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

why does it takle the same people to lead you?  why not be a leader instead of a sheep if you feel so strongly?

There are differences between now and then.  And just as the club has moved on from the recent years experiences so have these guys;  the stress and negativity of that unwanted but self induced profile having left its own mark.

[/quote]

i don`t need leading mate i was being ironic, the whole worthy out movement disgusted me, what i`m saying is things were no where near as bad as they are now and yet people put more effort into getting rid of worthy than they ever did into supporting the team.. i  would also say the worthy out movement helped put us where we are today the atmosphere at carrow road has never recovered since then, but if ever a manager deserved hounding out its roeder  but these people have obviously moved onto other things.. why arent they organising something against the board as well ? why did they only have it in for our most successful manager in  the last decade ?

I think it was because people really believed we were capable of better things. It ''looked'' as though we had serious money to spend, and yet Worthy was reluctant to spend it - dithering until the end of the transfer window. In hindsight (always a winner) it could have been that the supposed funds were nothing but puff and wind spin, and the guy was actually doing a fantastic job - before becoming the sacrificial lamb........

The situation is very different. In Worthington we had a manager who had brought success to the club but had clearly lost it. The board appeared to be in full support of him despite the failing results on the pitch. We still had parachute money coming in and were in a postion where we should have been challenging for promotion.

With Roeder we have a very poor manager who has never been or is ever likley to be sucessful. We as a club however have no money of significance and we are looking to survive rather than push for promotion. Whilst I would love to see achange of manager it is difficult to see how we as supporters can push the club into a management change we cannot afford.

If you are serious about emulating the "Worthy Out" campaign you need to realise it did not happen for nothing. It required both time and a not insignificant amount of money.

I know personally one of the ''Worthy Out'' guys, and am aquainted with the other organiser of that campaign, so far they do not wish to get involved again because of the threats and hassle they recieved last time.

And who can blame them?

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

I know personally one of the ''Worthy Out'' guys, and am aquainted with the other organiser of that campaign, so far they do not wish to get involved again because of the threats and hassle they recieved last time.

And who can blame them?

[/quote]

i know someone who was involved with setting it all up to.. jolly nice chap he is! saw him in the city the other day in fact...

jas :)