Sign in to follow this  
Life of Ryan

Something I heard.

Hello all. I''m sure it looks odd coming from someone with, what, two posts?

I''ve been a Norwich supporter for 15 odd years since I''ve been into football and followed them up and down the table.

We have a customer at work who supposedly sits in the director''s box on matchdays and he is under the impression that all the players hate Roeder with a passion.

I know it''s probably all been hear before, and to be pretty honest I''m sure it has. He also mentioned that Troy Archibald-Henville (sp?) only went back because him and Roeder had a major falling out ala Worthy/McVeigh.

Obviously this isn''t confirmed or anything, but I just thought I''d mention it :)

[quote user="Life of Ryan"]

I''ve been a Norwich supporter for 15 odd years since I''ve been into football and followed them up and down the table.

We have a customer at work who supposedly sits in the director''s box on matchdays and he is under the impression that all the players hate Roeder with a passion.

I know it''s probably all been hear before, and to be pretty honest I''m sure it has. He also mentioned that Troy Archibald-Henville (sp?) only went back because him and Roeder had a major falling out ala Worthy/McVeigh.

Obviously this isn''t confirmed or anything, but I just thought I''d mention it :)

[/quote]Nothing odd at all mate.Doesn''t surprise me Lupoli opens his mouth doesn''t play again,Cureton turns up for away match and gets told to f**k off,Rusty''s quote "my best position is midfield not up front" suddenly Fozzy comes back in.Then there''s Hoolahan who is constantly being bullyed by Roeder with his comments of he''s to weak he''s to small. bet Hoola would be different class under a manager that would use his strong points rather than telling the world of his weak ones. 

.... Simon Lappin.....

Have also heard this - one of our players out on loan has said he doesn''t want to come back while Roeder is here also, as all the players hate him.

I hate my Boss, so what???

Would it be different if we were 4th? Course it would.

Teams playing well have good morale, get on more! Teams that are not good enough to win football matchs and a manager that cant gernerate morale with fall to bits!!!

[quote user="CDMullins"]

Would it be different if we were 4th? Course it would.

Teams playing well have good morale, get on more! Teams that are not good enough to win football matchs and a manager that cant gernerate morale with fall to bits!!!

[/quote]Does affect your job?

[quote user="CDMullins"]

[/quote]

I spent the last 6 months working for a guy I didn''t respect and didn''t like my moral was low but I need to pay the bills so I carried on working, although I made it clear that either I went or he went. I hated every day at work.

He''s now been sacked

I am now looking forward to 2009 with enthusiasm - surely this must be the same in football.

I also know of 3 players who dislike and don''t respect Roeder. - I believe he is a good coach but a very poor man manager and he can''t get the players to play for him. (especially since Lee Clark - who these 3 players did like and respect - has left the club)

[quote user="one 4 the future"]

Does it affect your job?

[/quote]

Yep, Course it does!!

No respect for him, dont want to work for him!

I work better when hes not their!

And that''s why i belive that it was Dion that got the best out of the players that kept us up last season Dion is what we need someone that will get the respect from the players in a positive manner.

Have heard the same thing myself indirectly from a former member of staff who left under not-too-good circumstances. Apparently the relationship between Roeder and a certain defender who had a very poor game yesterday is particularly bad.

[/quote]What a pile of crap ,don''t belive a word of this made up story.

Seems quite plausable to be honest. We all speculate what GR is like and imagine that he could be a hard man to work with.

I made up my mind of late that he has to go, but I still think that if he was given some decent funds, he would have done a lot better, I like the way he makes us play in general and to be honest, I could not care less that he has shaken things up and players don''t like him, but he does not have results to back this up. A manager can be not liked but he has to have respect of the players and I feel that he does not have respect of the players.

Managers are not sacked on the basis of personal relationships, unless there are extreme cases.  Managers are often sacked for bad results, which can be caused by teams not playing for the boss, as we have seen 3 times in the last 3 seasons. 

Truth will out on the pitch, which makes this thread pointless.

@ Armitage: Unfortunately, it is people who have an attitude like yours that made me hesitant to post on this board.

@ [quote]I made up my mind of late that he has to go, but I still think that if he was given some decent funds, he would have done a lot better, I like the way he makes us play in general and to be honest, I could not care less that he has shaken things up and players don''t like him, but he does not have results to back this up. A manager can be not liked but he has to have respect of the players and I feel that he does not have respect of the players.[/quote]

To be honest, even with more funds he might have struggled as he still has that terrible attitude which marrs his reputation. Then, we have the problem that sacking him and replacing him with a cheap manager which would be what we end up with leaving us no better off.

@ Armitage: Unfortunately, it is people who have an attitude like yours that made me hesitant to post on this board.

@ [quote]I made up my mind of late that he has to go, but I still think that if he was given some decent funds, he would have done a lot better, I like the way he makes us play in general and to be honest, I could not care less that he has shaken things up and players don''t like him, but he does not have results to back this up. A manager can be not liked but he has to have respect of the players and I feel that he does not have respect of the players.[/quote]

To be honest, even with more funds he might have struggled as he still has that terrible attitude which marrs his reputation. Then, we have the problem that sacking him and replacing him with a cheap manager which would be what we end up with leaving us no better off.

[/quote]Back it up with hard evidence and then maybe i would believe you ,but come on we hear hundreds of these pathetic storys ,every day on this forum.

Roeder told us he wanted to be judged on results and league position. Fine, no problem with that at all but when does the judgment happen? He has had more money to use than Barnsley, Blackpool, Plymouth, Burnley and a few others. The squad looks good on paper but when they get on the grass they don''t play as a team and do not appear to be motivated. Roeder told us that the modern game needs big, strong, athletic players so he puts together the smallest side in the division. Cureton gets shifted out and immediately starts scoring but couldn''t hit a cow''s arse with a banjo for us. Why? Chris Brown was useless for us but is first choice at Preston who are heading for the play-offs. The Club is in a situation where nothing can be done as they cannot afford to get rid of Roeder and we witness the fiasco at the A.G.M. where the Directors are asking the minority shareholders for advice on what they should do. Keep the faith!Sad [:(]

I don''t understand why anyone is surprised by this. It was exactly the same at Newcastle and West Ham. He was hated at both clubs by players and fans and was a bloody disaster as far as results went. It is simply history repeating itself.

[quote user="Armitage Shanks"][quote user="Life of Ryan"]

[/quote]

Back it up with hard evidence and then maybe i would believe you ,but come on we hear hundreds of these pathetic storys ,every day on this forum.
[/quote]

Oh I know, it''s just that there is ''always'' someone who will naysay everything. I can''t see why what I have said is something I should lie about, and I have also said that it may very well be untrue, but it was just something I heard. Nothing earth-shattering.

[quote user="Life of Ryan"][quote user="Armitage Shanks"][quote user="Life of Ryan"]

[/quote]Back it up with hard evidence and then maybe i would believe you ,but come on we hear hundreds of these pathetic storys ,every day on this forum.[/quote]

Oh I know, it''s just that there is ''always'' someone who will naysay everything. I can''t see why what I have said is something I should lie about, and I have also said that it may very well be untrue, but it was just something I heard. Nothing earth-shattering.

[/quote]Well the same old rubbish always comes out when a team and manger are not doing very well ,IE- lost the DRESSING ROOM all THE PLAYERS HATE THE MANAGER it is just speculation with NOTHING to back it up .Could it just be that the players are crap or the manager is not up to the job.

I haven''t noticed any players coming out in support of Roeder. It certainly seems like he''s lost the dressing room and the players are trying to get him sacked by losing games - they do this you know! It''s the only way they can get him off their back. It stands to reason, if the fans are starting to hate him, how long do you think the players have hated him. Get rid of him and get Malky in as manager.

During a conversation with one of our players agents he also told me that the players do not like Roeder and to cross him means a life on the bench or dropped but Roeder does not have the balls to explain his decision face to face when asked.

This player also wants to leave because of Rodent

Ohwell, Roeder isn''t going, as we cant afford it, even if we could, I''d rather us spend the money on getting a few more decent players, even though i woud like to see DION manage us, as he''s the only guy who I''ve seen bring up such morale in a team, and confidence... Also there''s no-one else who we could afford...-.-...