Sign in to follow this  
grinner

why not tell us the fee

why do some deals have to all so hush hush when it comes to the fee.it really p----s me off when this happens. maybe there is a reason for this, can some one tell me the reason for this.as a season ticket and a share holder i feel little bit let down.otbc

does it matter? Only money -I am more interested in who it is!! transfer values mean so little anyway especially regarding quality. Just consider the quality given by Holt for peanuts or the lack of it supplied by many of liverpool''s multimillion pound flops

Apparently the Matthias Jonson fee was around £900k and could even rise to over £1M. I hope we didn''t spend too much on Ward as he may not even be required to play next season.

I have to say I''m pretty curious as to why they haven''t released the fee. I can''t think of any other city transfer where we haven''t had a rough idea. Who does it benefit from not saying how much- The buyer or the seller?

I would have thought if Worthy is still in the market,he would want the opposition to know as little info about how much money we are splashing about as possible.As in the past we all know he likes to keep his cards close to his chest ,just think this is just another example.

I always assume its the other club that didn''t want to reveal it, or asked us not to. The Swedish papers are guessing and the figures that are going around are based on that, and it seems reasonable. I agree its odd though.

Perhaps the total fee is made up of various things, including a sign-on fee or bits that they can''t make public. Therefore they can''t make any of it public. Hmmmm.

Yes it makes sense not to release the fee paid.
Micky Adams thinks Scowcroft is worth £2.5m, if he sees us pay over £1m for Jonson, he sees the expectation level of what the club can afford increase.

Pleased now that we have paid more for new players than new pitch.

Nolegs is right, and also it''s probably a very complex deal, with all sorts of additional contingent payments. Nobody really knows how much Hux will cost, for similar reasons probably. Good policy.