Sign in to follow this  
Fluff

Where the blame should be aimed!

Here we go again!  Sack the board, sack the manager, back the board, back the manager!

In reality we are all to blame for the current mess.  As supporters of the club, in reality without us there would not be a club.  Of course the same is true about the untouchables in the board room, but ultimately no supporters means no club.

The truth is that whilst we can all come on here and moan about this or that, 25000 are still turning up each week.  Its always been the same with Norwich.  Far too many people are either reluctant to actually vote with their feet or are far too happy to stick with the status quo as ''changing the manager wont achieve anything''!

For 30 odd years I wouldnt have cared if City were playing non league as long as you left with a feeling of being thoroughly entertained along with that feeling of hope that makes you wish for the next game ASAP!  Thats all most fans want.  Silverware is great yes, but 92 clubs are competing for it too, so do your best and play for the shirt.  When we were playing some of the best football in the country, you couldnt wait for the next game, and that was with players that cost 2 pence! ha

As a supporter group, the NCISA are a waste of time too.  How can a body with less members than a nightclub be spokespeople for the entire fan base?  HOWEVER if more people joined, then that would be different, but before that happens, a new direction needs to be sorted within the body.  There are many ways to get a message across that dont involve protests outside the ground.  When Lazio fans waited 5 minutes before coming out for the second half, that got more press than any other protest because it showed unity and not a load of chanting fans with a police presence.

Ultimately Norwich are in a mess, worse than any before.  The family jewells have all gone.  How long before Colney goes?  Delia should be ashamed at her mismanagement and dreadful decisions.  The Rioch/Hamilton dreamteam, not sacking Worthington earlier, gambling with an untried manager and now allowing that Bafoon to insult his way about.  The squad is the smallest in history yet the wage bill higher than before, but to many people, all is rosey and if you do speak out you get slated.

I dont often agree with Smudger, but the guy is right in some aspects.  As a fan base we should put pressure on the board as that is where the rot has started.  The board pilfer away the money on refurbs in the Barclay, the board appoint the manager and the board are the ones killing our club.  I never want the side to lose though!!

So lets get it sorted.  NCISA are the key to all of this.  They can call the meeting, get a good debate going amongst all fans and come up with a clear solution and message to take to the untouchables.  After all, this is a far bigger mess than we have had to deal with before.

I agree with many points you make.

I think the one that winds me up the most on here which I see often enough is people making posts slagging off Roeder and the board (and rightly so in my opinion but that''s another story), "Board out, Roeder out" etc, and moaning that nothing gets done. Then in the next sentence you''ll get "I am a true fan though, yellow and green through and through so I will continue to go to every game, but..."

Right so you want change but you''ll continue to give the board what they want? That makes sense.

Agree with the pair of you on many points.

Both of you can meet up with myself and try and get something off the ground which will change things though.... you only need to get in touch.

So far about a quarter of the members from the NCISA, plus a few other individuals either off their own backs or coming along to meetings in pubs or question the board forums etc have got involved.

People need to start making proper contact with people and have the nerve to say what they think regardless of what others may have to say if anything is to stand a good chance of getting off the ground and actually working.

It will not help matters you two guys just passing judgement on events on this messageboard.

There are discussions taking place between a number of concerned individuals behind the scenes.

I think it is very unfair of anybody to still be questioning these peoples right to voice their opinions and to protest if that is what they choose to do.

I dont see where I am passing judgement on events apart from being someone whose eyes are open to the events going on at the club.  Just stating the obvious really that as a club, we are in great danger of the bubble really bursting with catastrophic consequences.  Every individual has an opinion regardless of whether I agree or not, its their right to state and pass as they see it.  My main concern is that apart from squabbling on here, not much else positive is being done, and to be honest, if things are being discussed behind the scenes as you state, then surely they need to be pointed out or just kept quiet until the ''whatever'' has happened!

I have no issue about venting my concerns, however a 250 people march to Carrow road is futile as it was before and the time before that!  Done that, been there as well as nearly getting trampled by a horse outside the ground once! 

[quote user="Canary Nut"]

If there is a lack of response may be its due to apathy. After all peoples expectations have been  managed lower and lower........

On the other hand in the business world a 4% response to a mailshot would be regarded as good.

[/quote]

Now, if only anyone could find a print farmer...