Sign in to follow this  
SuperWesIrishWizard

Come on then you accountants....

I''m fed up with the accountants (you know who you are) on here who bleat on about how we could not go into administration because there is ''£4million we could squeeze out of working capital''...... and then say something such as ''you dont understand how to read the accounts''The same people who then say that we cant afford to pay Lita''s wages (12k apparently) or sack Glen Roeder. Well, come on then, can we afford to sack Roeder or not? If there is £4million we can squeeze out of working capital then we can.If even the accountants can contradict themselves, I will name no names, then this is exactly why this country has got itself in the sh*t. Either we have got some money or we havent, you cant have it both ways.

[quote user="SuperWesIrishWizard"]I''m fed up with the accountants (you know who you are) on here who bleat on about how we could not go into administration because there is ''£4million we could squeeze out of working capital''...... and then say something such as ''you dont understand how to read the accounts''

The same people who then say that we cant afford to pay Lita''s wages (12k apparently) or sack Glen Roeder. Well, come on then, can we afford to sack Roeder or not? If there is £4million we can squeeze out of working capital then we can.

If even the accountants can contradict themselves, I will name no names, then this is exactly why this country has got itself in the sh*t. Either we have got some money or we havent, you cant have it both ways.

[/quote]

I''m an accountant, but I''m not saying anything until we discuss fees.

[:D]

[quote user="Ween_Nasty"]

I''m an accountant, but I''m not saying anything until we discuss fees.

[:D]

[/quote]You really are an accountant!!

A chap was out for a trip in a hot air ballon when unfortunately he got lost. He spotted a man out walking his dog, so he brought the ballon low enough to be able to speak to the man, "Hi, could you tell me where I am", he asked the dog walker, "You are in a wicker basket suspended about 8ft below an airtight envelope inflated with hot air" came the reply, "You are an accountant aren`t you" riposted the ballonist, "Yes, how did you know that?" asks the dog walker, the balloonist replied "Easy, whilst the information you provided me is factually correct, it is of no ****ing use to me whatsoever".......

I will get my coat....[:D]

If the £4 million is to save us, then I''d rather us get lita and someone else, rather than waste it on sacking roeder, but seriously i dont care who you are now, get this in to your thick retarded heads ROEDER IS NOT GOING, ok? Got it? He''s the best manager who would want to manage us at the moment, so leave it... For christ''s sakes!!!

[quote user="IncH_HigH"]Think you''ll find the shit this country is in is part of a global recession. You may have noticed it on the news.[/quote]

Or what  about a financially and morally bankrupt government hiding behind the so called global recession to gets its own  ars* out of the shi*. You sound like Doncaster.

[quote user="max"]If the £4 million is to save us, then I''d rather us get lita and someone else, rather than waste it on sacking roeder, but seriously i dont care who you are now, get this in to your thick retarded heads ROEDER IS NOT GOING, ok? Got it? He''s the best manager who would want to manage us at the moment, so leave it... For christ''s sakes!!![/quote]

Ok Neil [;)]

Basically the last published accounts are now 7 months old.

The financial world has changed dramatically in those 7 months so what may have been true then, might not be true now...and vice versa.

[quote user="Titanic"]

[quote user="IncH_HigH"]Think you''ll find the shit this country is in is part of a global recession. You may have noticed it on the news.[/quote]

Or what  about a financially and morally bankrupt government hiding behind the so called global recession to gets its own  ars* out of the shi*. You sound like Doncaster.

[/quote]

Wish I was earning his money.

[quote user="IncH_HigH"][quote user="Titanic"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Y''mean you aren''t?

[/quote]

[/quote]

Y''mean you aren''t?

[/quote]

[/quote]It''s still true though, football was already going titsup before this financial mess arose, but lo and behold its given a ready made excuse for every man and his dog.

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="IncH_HigH"][quote user="Titanic"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Y''mean you aren''t?

[/quote]

I get to sit on my ar*e doing nothing just like him Mello, but for some reason I don''t get paid the same.[;)]

I like our Accountant (even more when he challenged HMRC and got £8000 knocked off the bill) although it is true his Christmas Card did include his bill for the year which is fair enough and, in the spirit of the thing, I enclosed our cheque in our card.

More worryingly, his card was "exclusively designed for Woolworths PLC".  If he''d been doing their books I suppose he would have hung on longer and got up to 50pc off..........................

Goodnight Woolworths, lots more to go. 

Of course you can afford to sack Roeder but he and Delia get on very well and he and Mrs R were guests of Mr and Mrs Smith quite recently although whether she did the cooking or relied on Aunt Bessie and Marks and Sparks to see her through it I cannot say.

Bishops attack ''immoral'' Labour

The Right Revered Nigel McCulloch

The Bishop of Manchester accused Labour of being beguiled by money

Five leading Anglican bishops have attacked the government by calling into question the morality of Labour policy.

Bishops of Durham, Winchester, Hulme, Manchester and Carlisle

told the Sunday Telegraph the UK was suffering under family breakdown,

debt and poverty.

Bishop of Manchester the Rt Rev Nigel McCulloch said Labour was "beguiled by money" and "morally corrupt".

[quote user="Arturo Whittlupoli"]

[quote user="max"]If the £4 million is to save us, then I''d rather us get lita and someone else, rather than waste it on sacking roeder, but seriously i dont care who you are now, get this in to your thick retarded heads ROEDER IS NOT GOING, ok? Got it? He''s the best manager who would want to manage us at the moment, so leave it... For christ''s sakes!!![/quote]

Ok Neil [;)]

[/quote]

???

[quote user="The Prisoner"]

Bishops attack ''immoral'' Labour

The Right Revered Nigel McCulloch

The Bishop of Manchester accused Labour of being beguiled by money

Five leading Anglican bishops have attacked the government by calling into question the morality of Labour policy.

Bishops of Durham, Winchester, Hulme, Manchester and Carlisle told the Sunday Telegraph the UK was suffering under family breakdown, debt and poverty.

Bishop of Manchester the Rt Rev Nigel McCulloch said Labour was "beguiled by money" and "morally corrupt".

[/quote]

Non sequitor.

I would like to believe that the present economic situation is purely of this Government''s making, as it would be easier to correct but alas I suspect that that a global phenomenom is just that......Unless both the economist and the FT are wrong and the Mail and the Telegraph are right.

I believe that the main thrust of the argument went along the lines of: this government has supported greater moves towards equality of lifestyles for those that do not consider marriage as the core basis of any relationship in terms of the policy of taxation (Bishop of Carlisle also stated that the policies of the Conservatives did not differ, but that would also mean that he had the luck of finding a policy rather than a policy working group). Obviously this is aligned to the Archbishop of Canturbury''s attack on the general thrust of global macro-economic policy of the last three months to expand global demand (as per Keynsian economics), obviously adopting the policy of the early 1980''s would have been the best way forward with so many companies and individuals'' leverage to such levels due solely to a rising housing market.

More alarmingly both the Anglican and Catholic Church(s) have rounded on the lifestyles of homosexuals which seems a bit of a side issue tbh in present circumstances.

Bishop of Manchester the Rt Rev Nigel McCulloch said Labour was "beguiled by money" and "morally corrupt". (Sounds just like the Church of England during the last 20 years and its property portfolio).

BTW I am an accountant (only a management one....) and would assume that actually cashflow is somewhat more important than reported profits/published accounts as to whether the business will be solvent. Also, I am not sure what use the working capital is going to be without seeing what they refer to as I assume that other than what is held in the bank, stock and debtors (assuming that any further income streams due from other clubs for player sales (excl player sell on clauses) would be minimal) would be relatively low.

[quote user="IncH_HigH"]Think you''ll find the shit this country is in is part of a global recession. You may have noticed it on the news.[/quote]Not necessarily..... I think that you will find a large part of the * we are in is due to reliance of this country on Europe to supply food and energy. Food prices have gone up more in this country then any other developed country in the world because we are not self sufficient, we run at a trade deficit of 1% on food and 25% on energy, with the bulk of this from Europe. As a result households have seen their disposable income fall by about a third, meaning that less money is being spent on most consumable goods, forcing firms into recession, meaning higher unemployment and house repossessions.  As a result the BOE has lowered interest rates below that of the EU standard, and thus as ALWAYS happens, the exchange rate falls significantly, and thus this imported food and energy rises in price further. We have also immersed ourselves in more debt per head then any other country in Europe - for which I retain the right to blame government official, financial workers and accountants.If you doubt this then check out the French and German economies, who are both self sufficient in food and energy, where you will see that although both have seen a big slowdown in growth as a result of the financial crisis, neither have entered recession. You "may have noticed in the news" that the Germans have even slated us for lending our population too much money, something that they do not do on our scale...... there has never been a 100% mortgage in Germany and very seldom any 100% credit agreements.You may have noticed this in The Guardian.

[quote user="max"]If the £4 million is to save us, then I''d rather us get lita and someone else, rather than waste it on sacking roeder, but seriously i dont care who you are now, get this in to your thick retarded heads ROEDER IS NOT GOING, ok? Got it? He''s the best manager who would want to manage us at the moment, so leave it... For christ''s sakes!!![/quote]Take your moronic abuse and deluded fantasies to another board. Roeder is a c*nt, and so are you.

[/quote]

[/quote]I wish HE was earning his money...

[quote user="SuperWesIrishWizard"][quote user="IncH_HigH"]Think you''ll find the shit this country is in is part of a global recession. You may have noticed it on the news.[/quote]

Not necessarily..... I think that you will find a large part of the * we are in is due to reliance of this country on Europe to supply food and energy. Food prices have gone up more in this country then any other developed country in the world because we are not self sufficient, we run at a trade deficit of 1% on food and 25% on energy, with the bulk of this from Europe. As a result households have seen their disposable income fall by about a third, meaning that less money is being spent on most consumable goods, forcing firms into recession, meaning higher unemployment and house repossessions.  As a result the BOE has lowered interest rates below that of the EU standard, and thus as ALWAYS happens, the exchange rate falls significantly, and thus this imported food and energy rises in price further. We have also immersed ourselves in more debt per head then any other country in Europe - for which I retain the right to blame government official, financial workers and accountants.

[/quote]

Why are the accountants to blame when the main drivers of the problems of the economy include:

a) Rogues in the USA. who sell sub prime mortgages to people who clearly can''t afford them.

b) Investment Bankers more interested in their short term profits and bonuses to consider the risks of GARBAGE IN to their markets. If you package and sell on garbage then garbage is going to hit the fan at some stage!

c) HMG (Labour government) has been running up a new deficit each year for quite some years and most if not all of  the net job creation  for some years has been in the public sector masking the reality of the UK economy. Why was FLASH GORDON in such a rush to get into number 10. ?

d) Retail banks have been falling over themselves to lend money regardless of peoples circumstances.

e) People who accepted easy credit knowing they couldn''t service it.

Now why are the accountants to blame for the above? You should be looking at the rogues selling sub prime mortgages in the USA., Investment Bankers, Retail Bankers, politicians in HMG. and members of the public.

[quote user="SuperWesIrishWizard"][quote user="max"]If the £4 million is to save us, then I''d rather us get lita and someone else, rather than waste it on sacking roeder, but seriously i dont care who you are now, get this in to your thick retarded heads ROEDER IS NOT GOING, ok? Got it? He''s the best manager who would want to manage us at the moment, so leave it... For christ''s sakes!!![/quote]

Take your moronic abuse and deluded fantasies to another board. Roeder is a c*nt, and so are you.
[/quote]

Simple but true. Best reply in months. [:D]

[quote user="SuperWesIrishWizard"][quote user="IncH_HigH"]Think you''ll find the shit this country is in is part of a global recession. You may have noticed it on the news.[/quote]

If you doubt this then check out the French and German economies, who are both self sufficient in food and energy, where you will see that although both have seen a big slowdown in growth as a result of the financial crisis, neither have entered recession. You "may have noticed in the news" that the Germans have even slated us for lending our population too much money, something that they do not do on our scale...... there has never been a 100% mortgage in Germany and very seldom any 100% credit agreements.

You may have noticed this in The Guardian.
[/quote]

Care to explain why some of the German banks have been in trouble then?

Care to explain why these countries have a bigger National Debt than ours (until FLASH GORDON went on his binge)?

BTW. Agriculture is a small % of GDP. and coupled to energy are hardly the reasons for keeping a country out of recession.  After all energy producers such as OPEC are cutting production and energy consumers (non home) are cutting demand.  As for France & Germany staying out of recession....we will see.

[quote user="SuperWesIrishWizard"]I''m fed up with the accountants (you know who you are) on here who bleat on about how we could not go into administration because there is ''£4million we could squeeze out of working capital''...... and then say something such as ''you dont understand how to read the accounts''

The same people who then say that we cant afford to pay Lita''s wages (12k apparently) or sack Glen Roeder. Well, come on then, can we afford to sack Roeder or not? If there is £4million we can squeeze out of working capital then we can.

If even the accountants can contradict themselves, I will name no names, then this is exactly why this country has got itself in the sh*t. Either we have got some money or we havent, you cant have it both ways.

[/quote]

1. I have never said we cant afford Lita wages as I dont know what his wages are.

2. I have never said we can''t afford to sack Glen Roeder as I dont know what the payoff would be.

3. I was the person who said that there was £4m that could be squeezed out of working capital as at 31st may 2008. However I have also said that NCFC Plc may have to repay £2.5m to the bank re the ex LSE land loan from that £4m.

4. I have been consitent.

Have a nice day!

[quote user="Titanic"]

[/quote]

Well spotted. The Public Finances were on the rocks.

retarded... not something we really need noting on a family message board for all ages....

also, all the ****ing, w**ker etc etc....(apologies) it''s pretty obvious what it all means - even to a 10 year old. it doesn''t help ''prove your point'' to any greater level. so just delete it...

please

thanks and happy new year

Camuldonum wrote

Of course you can afford to sack Roeder but he and Delia get on very well and he and Mrs R were guests of Mr and Mrs Smith quite recently although whether she did the cooking or relied on Aunt Bessie and Marks and Sparks to see her through it I cannot say.

And this is Delia Smith''s achilles heel, Camul. She has to have a personal friendship with whoever is the Manager and ideally he will be a nice Catholic boy. This is why consistently she fails to make the right business decisions for the Club.