Sign in to follow this  
can u sit down please

Huckerby....PAthetic!!!

To all those who moaned we never got the chance to give him a proper send off shame on you.

The send off today was pi$$ poor. A few polite claps and a subdued Huckerby chant. You all had your chance to give him the "send off he deserved" but totally blew it. Ok we have waited 6 months but that shouldnt matter.

Infact...i think the forest fans appreciated him more!

Truly shocking!

So what did you expect in the time slot allocated?

In fact there were a lot more in their seats then usual for that time and I thought the reception was good.

I suppose you will be complaining next because of the poor atmosphere in the ground during the match.

Dear oh dear!!!

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]So what did you expect in the time slot allocated? In fact there were a lot more in their seats then usual for that time and I thought the reception was good. I suppose you will be complaining next because of the poor atmosphere in the ground during the match. Dear oh dear!!![/quote]

Exactly. What did you expect us to happen? Have a dance routine sorted involving all fans in dedication to him. Followed by everybody holding up a peice of paper which joined to create a goodbye message? ... thought not

[quote user="CT "]

The question I want answered is.... why was Carl Moore on the pitch with him and not a City representative?

[/quote]Carl Moore paid his wages for most of the time he was here.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="CT "]

The question I want answered is.... why was Carl Moore on the pitch with him and not a City representative?

[/quote]

Carl Moore paid his wages for most of the time he was here.

[/quote]

And payed the transfer fee I believe?

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]So what did you expect in the time slot allocated? In fact there were a lot more in their seats then usual for that time and I thought the reception was good. I suppose you will be complaining next because of the poor atmosphere in the ground during the match. Dear oh dear!!![/quote]

if u read my post i am very rarely negative. Time slot or not i was expecting the roof to be raised.He apparently deserved it........and our fans were dying to say bye.More people were in there seats than usual which  is why the noise generated was naff.

Would he have got much longer at the end of season lap of honour? no prob not.....

come to think of it...the atmosphere was dour.

I didn''t agree with the timing of the Hucks wave to the crowd like I still don''t understand why he was released in the 1st place!

Though I did think the ovation was good - in fact I was singing "Roeder your a cunt" during most of the standing ovation!

If anything was pathetic then it was the team!

I thought it was a great reception, all 4 stands seemed to be on their feet and the Huckerbeee song was heard loud and clear  from where I sat plus he seeemed to appreciate the moment which was the main thing.

Agreed CA, I''m not the biggest fan of the reaction that his departure has caused among fans, and think we should move on....

BUT I clapped and cheered for him today, and then fair enough to him straight after he''d been on the pitch he came on took his seat in the Jarrold Stand, a couple of rows in front of me.

agreed star, i felt it was the right decision to let him go and focus on the future of the club, Huckerby seemed to love it, he looked in good mood, waves to all fans and soaked up the moment, don''t see the problem

[quote user="Delias Tasty Nibblets"]it was nice at best, nothing compared to Dions send off at Wednesday last year, that was spine tingling.[/quote]

But that was staged and after a game, Hucks only had 2 mins today and I think he looked well pleased with the reception.

Plus didn''t he look smart, mmmmm [:)] ( you would all have of been disappointed if I hadn''t of said that )

I wont start another thread, as the moaners will tell me to stop going on, but the real question is this:

How on earth could Glen Roeder Consider Darren Huckerby not worthy of a place in the Norwich City team that played today (let alone his first team squad!)

Consider this, Huckerby im sure would have stayed at Norwich for 5k a week, hes on less at San Jose. He wanted to stay; he would have. Thats 260k a year, even if it was 500k, would that be stupid?

Sibierski 20 week stay is probably costing us 10,000 a week in wages, plus a loan fee and accomodation. Then theres lupolis similar wages for a season, and no doubt a substantial fee, which in total im lead to belive is costing us around 7 figures.

Quite Simpy Darren Huckerby would have fitted into our budget this season, no problems, unfortunately his face didnt fit in Roeders Arrogant way of thinking, i wanna be number one.

No other manager would have released darren huckerby; not many managers are like Glen Roeder.

Huddy, of course we don''t know what Hucks might have asked in wages as he wasn''t offered a contract in the first place, similarly we don''t know what the likes of Lupoli or Siberski are on.

But what we do know is if Hucks had had a chance to get on the pitch today while the game was being played he would at least had some impact. Thing is though, he''s part of our past and we have to get over it. (Roeder''s thoughts at the AGM).

Well Mr Roeder, I will never get over your treatment of a player who was and always will be far too good for the likes of you to manage. I think it will be a very small percentage of fans who give any thought or shed a tear upon your departure from our club. The sooner the better.

Five years ago when Hucks came out onto the pitch we were going somewere, we had pride, we had a TEAM, we had a bond with the club. What do we have now? We have a collection of players who haven''t a clue what position they are supposed to be playing, most don''t give a damn, those that do work too hard while others coast around as if they were at Colney. We have no pride as a team, we have little pride left as a group of fans.

And are we going somewhere, yes we are. As every week passes it looks more and more likely we are going to a division we haven''t been in in my supporting lifetime. We are being taken there by a man whose overwhelming arrogance and self importance is rapidly canceling out any pluses he may have had. Players dropped in favour of his favoured loan signings. Players sold when we had inadequate cover, confidence shattered in others. We have played some good football, but strangely we did better with the former managers'' players rather than this bunch of supposed new heroes. Heroes? Well we are still waiting, but if that lot out there today are meant to be them then I suggest Mr Roeder you need to take a very long, hard look at yourself. It''s your team, your tactics, your responsibility.

Not one of them fit to be playing in the place of Darren Huckerby.

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]Huddy, of course we don''t know what Hucks might have asked in wages as he wasn''t offered a contract in the first place, similarly we don''t know what the likes of Lupoli or Siberski are on. But what we do know is if Hucks had had a chance to get on the pitch today while the game was being played he would at least had some impact. Thing is though, he''s part of our past and we have to get over it. (Roeder''s thoughts at the AGM). Well Mr Roeder, I will never get over your treatment of a player who was and always will be far too good for the likes of you to manage. I think it will be a very small percentage of fans who give any thought or shed a tear upon your departure from our club. The sooner the better. Five years ago when Hucks came out onto the pitch we were going somewere, we had pride, we had a TEAM, we had a bond with the club. What do we have now? We have a collection of players who haven''t a clue what position they are supposed to be playing, most don''t give a damn, those that do work too hard while others coast around as if they were at Colney. We have no pride as a team, we have little pride left as a group of fans. And are we going somewhere, yes we are. As every week passes it looks more and more likely we are going to a division we haven''t been in in my supporting lifetime. We are being taken there by a man whose overwhelming arrogance and self importance is rapidly canceling out any pluses he may have had. Players dropped in favour of his favoured loan signings. Players sold when we had inadequate cover, confidence shattered in others. We have played some good football, but strangely we did better with the former managers'' players rather than this bunch of supposed new heroes. Heroes? Well we are still waiting, but if that lot out there today are meant to be them then I suggest Mr Roeder you need to take a very long, hard look at yourself. It''s your team, your tactics, your responsibility. Not one of them fit to be playing in the place of Darren Huckerby.[/quote]

Well if that speach doesnt hit home to to the roedy fans exactly what our problems are, nothing will. Spot on.

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]Huddy, of course we don''t know what Hucks might have asked in wages as he wasn''t offered a contract in the first place, similarly we don''t know what the likes of Lupoli or Siberski are on. But what we do know is if Hucks had had a chance to get on the pitch today while the game was being played he would at least had some impact. Thing is though, he''s part of our past and we have to get over it. (Roeder''s thoughts at the AGM). Well Mr Roeder, I will never get over your treatment of a player who was and always will be far too good for the likes of you to manage. I think it will be a very small percentage of fans who give any thought or shed a tear upon your departure from our club. The sooner the better. Five years ago when Hucks came out onto the pitch we were going somewere, we had pride, we had a TEAM, we had a bond with the club. What do we have now? We have a collection of players who haven''t a clue what position they are supposed to be playing, most don''t give a damn, those that do work too hard while others coast around as if they were at Colney. We have no pride as a team, we have little pride left as a group of fans. And are we going somewhere, yes we are. As every week passes it looks more and more likely we are going to a division we haven''t been in in my supporting lifetime. We are being taken there by a man whose overwhelming arrogance and self importance is rapidly canceling out any pluses he may have had. Players dropped in favour of his favoured loan signings. Players sold when we had inadequate cover, confidence shattered in others. We have played some good football, but strangely we did better with the former managers'' players rather than this bunch of supposed new heroes. Heroes? Well we are still waiting, but if that lot out there today are meant to be them then I suggest Mr Roeder you need to take a very long, hard look at yourself. It''s your team, your tactics, your responsibility. Not one of them fit to be playing in the place of Darren Huckerby.[/quote]

Well Spoken Gazza [:)]

[quote user="Lincs CR"]agreed star, i felt it was the right decision to let him go and focus on the future of the club, Huckerby seemed to love it, he looked in good mood, waves to all fans and soaked up the moment, don''t see the problem[/quote]

In a word NO mate apart from the bit about Hucks during the his walk on role before todays shower of sh*te!

I''m really sorry to see you say those words Gazza. You''ve always been a great contributor to this message board and a top fan and I think if anything it''s the perfect sum up of how everybody feels. I really hope somebody sees this and puts it on roeder''s desk, or they pin it to the changing room door. It''s been dreadful how the fans and the loyal servants of the club have been treated and it''s really sad how bad things have become. How can Roeder even justify his decision is beyond me. Can you tell me that you will find not only better players, more loyal players but most importantly such a fantastic professional as Darren Huckerby for £6,000 pw. I bet that wasn''t even a fraction of Sibierski''s wages or any of the other loanees we''ve had at this club. I bet it''s a pittance paid to some of the dross we''ve had at this club in the last 4 years. Huckerby still terrorises defenders and watching croft beat his man everytime made me feel ill just thinking about the complete mayhem Hux would have caused in the same position. Roeder has made it clear from the start he has favourites and he doesn''t care what anybody else in the world think even if they all agree against him. I do fully see now (this season) why Roeder has been such a disaster at all his former clubs after his first full season.

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]Huddy, of course we don''t know what Hucks might have asked in wages as he wasn''t offered a contract in the first place, similarly we don''t know what the likes of Lupoli or Siberski are on.

But what we do know is if Hucks had had a chance to get on the pitch today while the game was being played he would at least had some impact. Thing is though, he''s part of our past and we have to get over it. (Roeder''s thoughts at the AGM).

Well Mr Roeder, I will never get over your treatment of a player who was and always will be far too good for the likes of you to manage. I think it will be a very small percentage of fans who give any thought or shed a tear upon your departure from our club. The sooner the better.

Five years ago when Hucks came out onto the pitch we were going somewere, we had pride, we had a TEAM, we had a bond with the club. What do we have now? We have a collection of players who haven''t a clue what position they are supposed to be playing, most don''t give a damn, those that do work too hard while others coast around as if they were at Colney. We have no pride as a team, we have little pride left as a group of fans.

And are we going somewhere, yes we are. As every week passes it looks more and more likely we are going to a division we haven''t been in in my supporting lifetime. We are being taken there by a man whose overwhelming arrogance and self importance is rapidly canceling out any pluses he may have had. Players dropped in favour of his favoured loan signings. Players sold when we had inadequate cover, confidence shattered in others. We have played some good football, but strangely we did better with the former managers'' players rather than this bunch of supposed new heroes. Heroes? Well we are still waiting, but if that lot out there today are meant to be them then I suggest Mr Roeder you need to take a very long, hard look at yourself. It''s your team, your tactics, your responsibility.

Not one of them fit to be playing in the place of Darren Huckerby.[/quote]Post of the year.

Well said and very true!

[quote user="Fellas"]I''m really sorry to see you say those words Gazza. You''ve always been a great contributor to this message board and a top fan and I think if anything it''s the perfect sum up of how everybody feels. I really hope somebody sees this and puts it on roeder''s desk, or they pin it to the changing room door. It''s been dreadful how the fans and the loyal servants of the club have been treated and it''s really sad how bad things have become. How can Roeder even justify his decision is beyond me. Can you tell me that you will find not only better players, more loyal players but most importantly such a fantastic professional as Darren Huckerby for £6,000 pw. I bet that wasn''t even a fraction of Sibierski''s wages or any of the other loanees we''ve had at this club. I bet it''s a pittance paid to some of the dross we''ve had at this club in the last 4 years. Huckerby still terrorises defenders and watching croft beat his man everytime made me feel ill just thinking about the complete mayhem Hux would have caused in the same position. Roeder has made it clear from the start he has favourites and he doesn''t care what anybody else in the world think even if they all agree against him. I do fully see now (this season) why Roeder has been such a disaster at all his former clubs after his first full season.
[/quote]

Again another good and truthful post!

I''m bewildered that some blinkered fans still try to use our lack of funds as an excuse for Roeders cr*p record!

If thats the case then how come Blackpool, Barnsley, Preston and others with half our crowds and probably less funds do better than us?

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

[quote user="Fellas"]I''m really sorry to see you say those words Gazza. You''ve always been a great contributor to this message board and a top fan and I think if anything it''s the perfect sum up of how everybody feels. I really hope somebody sees this and puts it on roeder''s desk, or they pin it to the changing room door. It''s been dreadful how the fans and the loyal servants of the club have been treated and it''s really sad how bad things have become. How can Roeder even justify his decision is beyond me. Can you tell me that you will find not only better players, more loyal players but most importantly such a fantastic professional as Darren Huckerby for £6,000 pw. I bet that wasn''t even a fraction of Sibierski''s wages or any of the other loanees we''ve had at this club. I bet it''s a pittance paid to some of the dross we''ve had at this club in the last 4 years. Huckerby still terrorises defenders and watching croft beat his man everytime made me feel ill just thinking about the complete mayhem Hux would have caused in the same position. Roeder has made it clear from the start he has favourites and he doesn''t care what anybody else in the world think even if they all agree against him. I do fully see now (this season) why Roeder has been such a disaster at all his former clubs after his first full season.
[/quote]

I''m bewildered that some blinkered fans still try to use our lack of funds as an excuse for Roeders cr*p record!

If thats the case then how come Blackpool, Barnsley, Preston and others with half our crowds and probably less funds do better than us?

[/quote]

Well did''nt our wonderful board appoint Mr Roeder?! and are they the ones that are not capable of paying him off  from his contract but hey lets absolve them from there mistakes after all Queen Delia of Norfolk (or is it suffolk?!) is beyongd criticism.... 

[quote user="Gazza"][quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well did''nt our wonderful board appoint Mr Roeder?! and are they the ones that are not capable of paying him off  from his contract but hey lets absolve them from there mistakes after all Queen Delia of Norfolk (or is it suffolk?!) is beyongd criticism.... 

[/quote]

The board needs to go as well but wheres the takers?

I''d bet their would be more interest in Glen Roeders job than people looking to buy the club, a situation I sincerely hope we''ll be seeing very soon!

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"][quote user="Gazza"][quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

The board needs to go as well but wheres the takers?

I''d bet their would be more interest in Glen Roeders job than people looking to buy the club, a situation I sincerely hope we''ll be seeing very soon!

[/quote]

You just dont get it do you we have''nt got the pennies to pay him off just like we have''nt got the monies to fund a new manager have we?.

Or I suppose that is Wirthys/Grants/Roeders fault as well?!?!?!?!

I unfortunately missed Hucks on the pitch at the start of the game today just arriving before kick off, but could hear the chanting from Riverside which is far louder than owt'' else I have heard inside Carrot Road this season!.

Hucks is a leg-end and been treated abysmally by the club. Hucks yet again thankyou for everything you did for our club it will be long remembered.........

[quote user="Huddy "]

Well if that speach doesnt hit home to to the roedy fans exactly what our problems are, nothing will. Spot on.

[/quote]

Well yes it is spot on Huddy, but I''ll tell you what else it says. Because what we hear about is how Hucks could still be playing for us and what a great send off Dion got, and how The Doc and Crofty were the only players to wear the shirt with pride today. And how we did better with former managers players than we are doing with the ones we have now. Well yes Huddy, that is spot on but there is a link between those four players and that link is they were all signed by the manager all of you wanted out. Now you can add another to that list because the little guy who came on as sub and scored for forest today was also a signing for us by that manager you all wanted out. And when he calmly slotted the ball in the net right in front of me I remembered that there was a player who scored 27 goals in 47 games for us and was quite happy at the club under Nigel Worthington, always giving his best right to the last minute even in those final games against Plymouth and Burnley. Worthy left us with Croft, Safri, Etuhu, Huckerby, Dublin and Earnshaw all brought to the club by him and yet all we heard about was Hughes, Jarrett and Thorne. Well how good would it be if that was all we had to worry about now. While there''s no point in raking it over now, nobody can probably tell me why it was so important to get Worthy out when you look back through the haze of what''s happened since. But there''s no point me whining on about Worthy or Earnie any more than there''s any point in whining on about Hucks. None of them are coming back.