Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Still reckon Jamie's finished?

he''s prob finished playing for us mate! if roeder stays he won''t have him back besause the man is a arrogant ignorant pig who was wrong about Lappin Huckerby and Cureton, oh and the majority of the loan players he signed! in fact he is the poorest manager we''ve ever had and the only way we won''t go down is if we get rid of that pratt. "oh we haven''t got a big squad" yes glenn thats because you''ve made it this small,

[quote user="steve o"]he''s prob finished playing for us mate! if roeder stays he won''t have him back besause the man is a arrogant ignorant pig who was wrong about Lappin Huckerby and Cureton, oh and the majority of the loan players he signed! in fact he is the poorest manager we''ve ever had and the only way we won''t go down is if we get rid of that pratt. "oh we haven''t got a big squad" yes glenn thats because you''ve made it this small,[/quote]

I know he''s finished playing for us steve.

Never ever said that he was WIZ... and like you I have always said that the criticism of last seasons leading scorer for us by many fans was cruel in the extreme.

[quote user="Smudger"]Never ever said that he was WIZ... and like you I have always said that the criticism of last seasons leading scorer for us by many fans was cruel in the extreme.[/quote]

Thats true.

Wiz as you know I am one of Jamie''s biggest fans. He just needed his confidence to return by scoring some goals and he has now started to do that.

I would love to see him back here scoring goals.

I hope he continues to bang in the goals for Barnsley. Cureton works best with a big man and when Cort is fully fit I could see that partnership being quite promising. It depends on if Lupoli stays and if Lita gets another loan deal...

I hope he''s finished as far as his Norwich City career goes. It''d be great if we could get a little bit of money from a further loan or a permanent transfer to put towards signing better players.

Just like I said last season when we signed him, if you play him every single game (or there abouts) throughout the season then he will get you a few goals by the end of it. Unfortunately that''s just not enough because unless he''s poaching the odd goal he does absolutely stuff all.

True Jim, but there''s a select few on here who even said he''s too old and slow to score now in the Championship, evidently he''s not!

They should apologise.

[quote user="The saint"]

A good finish but im still not convinced.

He misses far too many

[/quote]But you have to be in the position to miss them.....Lovely old footy phrase.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Two league goals in two games.
Two league goals since March 2008.
Take your pick.
[/quote]

Maybe this explains why:

Todays EDP quote:

“I have only started three games for Norwich this season and in those the first two went well and the last one against Cardiff didn''t and then I was left out straight away, which is fair enough, but then I wasn''t given another opportunity to get back in

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Two league goals in two games.Two league goals since March 2008.Take your pick.[/quote]

Maybe this explains why:

Todays EDP quote:

“I have only started three games for Norwich this season and in those the first two went well and the last one against Cardiff didn''t and then I was left out straight away, which is fair enough, but then I wasn''t given another opportunity to get back in

[/quote]Still, 505 minutes on the pitch for Norwich this season and no goals.It''s not good enough for a team struggling to stay up, is it?

[quote user="Smudger"]Never ever said that he was WIZ... and like you I have always said that the criticism of last seasons leading scorer for us by many fans was cruel in the extreme.[/quote]

Thats true.

[/quote]

But according to some on here I slag everything off that is NCFC hey WIZ?

Unbelieveable some people aren''t they?

Like the comments some people had to make about Earnshaw over the weekend... apparently Earnie was there to greet Huckerby at the start of the match, he celebrated his goal but then tried to stop when he realised what he was doing and he also went and clapped all of the City fans at the end of the match (while the majority of our own players scuttled off straight down the tunnel).

Earnshaw done a lot for us in our time here (far more than any other striker we have had at the club since and any that we are likely to see for quite a few years at the very least)... we recouped most of the money we had spent in having him at the club and yet some fans still feel it is ok to criticise the guy.

Like I said... Unbeliveable!!!

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

http://www.football.virginmedia.com/page/Football/Championship/VideoIndex/0,,12555,00.html?mvnAssetId=3380046

See it and weep Ratty!

[/quote]

Surely this is what Roeder wants, wiz. Curo was sent out on loan to find some form and to build his confidence. I don''t see how your dig is justified.
[/quote]

Its more aimed at some posters Lord, but I take every opportunity I can when it comes to Roeder![:D]

On that video, didn''t he miss a brilliant chance? But good goal jamie, glad to see he''s rebuilding his confidence [Y]

True Jim, but there''s a select few on here who even said he''s too old and slow to score now in the Championship, evidently he''s not!

They should apologise.

[/quote]He''s scored twice. Big deal.

[quote user="1st Wazzock"]

We allegedly resigned Cureton for £800,000, and if that figure is true it has been one of the biggest wastes of money in recent times.

[/quote]Completely agree. How anyone thought that was a good signing is beyond me. We could have signed a good young striker for that. Not someone on the downward spiral.

He has had one, maybe 2 decent seasons in the Champ, the rest of his goals were scored lower done the league, so not that prolific, but give him a big man up front ala Iwelumo, then he would have scored more, but he has never filled me with confidence, even in his 1st seaon, he scored a few, but he missed so many.

He does strike me as being a man who needs a hug from his manager at regular intervals and he is sure as hell not going to get it with GR and after his little article today, then he sure won''t be back in the fold in the club.

[quote user="Fabregas- Poor Mans Ian Crook"][quote user="1st Wazzock"]

We allegedly resigned Cureton for £800,000, and if that figure is true it has been one of the biggest wastes of money in recent times.

[/quote]
Completely agree. How anyone thought that was a good signing is beyond me. We could have signed a good young striker for that. Not someone on the downward spiral.
[/quote]

Disagree on this one.

With hindsight it doesn''t look a good deal, but at the time and although he was no spring chicken, an Â£800,000 fee for the Championship''s Golden Boot winner sounds reasonable to me.