Sign in to follow this  
ncfcstar

Re: Steven Gerrard...

Well, it depends on the reason for the support. If it''s "don''t worry, we know you''re innocent no matter what you''ve done" I''m against it. If it''s "you can have full pay whilst in prison" I''m against it. But if the support is, "they''ll be a job for you when your parole has finished" I don''t mind that.

[quote user="Canary Boy"]Well, it depends on the reason for the support. If it''s "don''t worry, we know you''re innocent no matter what you''ve done" I''m against it. If it''s "you can have full pay whilst in prison" I''m against it. But if the support is, "they''ll be a job for you when your parole has finished" I don''t mind that.[/quote]Crumbs!  What about if it''s "we believe you''re innocent until proven guilty"? Are you against that?

He''s been charged so i guess there must be pretty damning evidence such as CCTV.

The CPS are reluctant to charge people they think will get off with the help of a top lawyer!

Well Mr Chops, that goes without saying. However, some poor chap has had his face beaten in and apparently Steven Gerrard was involved directly or indirectly.

However, it may be that someone else did it and Gerrard just happened to have been drinking with that party. I just thought the "full support" statement came a bit early? Perhaps I''m wrong....the media can sometimes give the impression someone is guilty and blow it out of proportion to shock us all.

However, if he was directly involved, he should loose captaincy and possibly never play for England again.

[quote user="whoareyou"]

He''s been charged so i guess there must be pretty damning evidence such as CCTV.

The CPS are reluctant to charge people they think will get off with the help of a top lawyer!

[/quote]What are you on about? The CPS will charge anybody if they believe that they did it, why would they need CCTV? he was in a bar, it would only take a couple of people to state that they saw Gerrard assault him...... The likelyhood is that he has been charged with assault, and as long as the incident is not majorly serious will reach a comprise which will see Gerrard plead guilty for a lesser offence, for example if the intial charge is ABH then they could at a later stage reach a compromise with Gerrards solicitor for him to plead guilty to Common Assault, meaning that magistrates will deal with and give him a smaller penalty in order to save significant court costs.

CPS will only charge if they feel they have the evidence to make it stick is what i''m trying to say.

Them believing he did it, is not enough on it''s own.

no one on this message board can say "lock up Stevie G the scum bag" when they supported Matthew Pattison and blamed the "ipswich fan" working at Dunston hall for alledgedly doing the right thing and calling the police.....

If Gerrard is found guilty he should be sacked for an example to be made... unfortunately he wont be.. which is why footballers think they are untouchable.. it needs 1 club to show them that they are human like the rest of us.

jas :)

[quote user="Canary Boy"]Well Mr Chops, that goes without saying. However, some poor chap has had his face beaten in and apparently Steven Gerrard was involved directly or indirectly. However, it may be that someone else did it and Gerrard just happened to have been drinking with that party. I just thought the "full support" statement came a bit early? Perhaps I''m wrong....the media can sometimes give the impression someone is guilty and blow it out of proportion to shock us all. However, if he was directly involved, he should loose captaincy and possibly never play for England again.[/quote]

Reports indicate that there were 7 or 8 in his party and only 3 have been charged.

[quote user="SuperWesIrishWizard"]What are you on about? The CPS will charge anybody if they believe that they did it

[/quote]No they will only ever charge anybody they believe they have a chance of gaining a conviction against.[quote user="SuperWesIrishWizard"] why would

they need CCTV? he was in a bar, it would only take a couple of people

to state that they saw Gerrard assault him...... [/quote]This would certainly be sufficient grounds for the CPS to proceed and a Magistrate/Judge to duly convict.