Sign in to follow this  
Account Closed

Charlton F.A. Cup -A No Win Game Plus Glen Roeder now a Bookies favourite

Charlton haven''t won a game since October 4th when they beat Ipswich,We have maybe 14 fit players.To weigh up the monetary rewards and confidence lift  against the wear and tear of extra games is a tough call to make.Our Championship survival may balance on that outcome.I believe it better that we lose and bite the bullet.What do you think?Heres what the bookies think. From oddschecker 30 -12 -08  17- 30 hoursSaturdays game Charlton (11/8)        Draw (12/5)        Norwich (9/4)RelegationCharlton (4/5), Doncaster (10/11), Southampton (1)Norwich      (7/2)    (5/2)    (3-1)  (10/3)    (100/30)    (7/2)    (2-1)    Coca-Cola Championship Next Manager To Leave Post Roeder     5/2    ( Current Favourite )    

I[quote user="seat124"]it is usually safe to book a weekend away on the fourth saturday in January![/quote]I have for the past four years.... nice little event i go to in leicestershire - no risk of clashes

[quote user="Getalife"]Charlton haven''t won a game since October 4th when they beat Ipswich,
We have maybe 14 fit players.
To weigh up the monetary rewards and confidence lift  against the wear and tear of extra games is a tough call to make.

Our Championship survival may balance on that outcome.
I believe it better that we lose and bite the bullet.
What do you think?

Heres what the bookies think.
 From oddschecker 30 -12 -08  17- 30 hours
Saturdays game
Charlton (11/8)        Draw (12/5)        Norwich (9/4)

Relegation
Charlton (4/5), Doncaster (10/11), Southampton (1)

Norwich      (7/2)    (5/2)    (3-1)  (10/3)    (100/30)    (7/2)    (2-1)

Coca-Cola Championship Next Manager To Leave Post
Roeder     5/2    ( Current Favourite )    

[/quote]

To add a bit more detail, Victor Chandler is the only bookmaker to supply odds for "The next manager to leave". It would be interesting to see what the other bookies odds would look like.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]I''d rather get knocked out by Charlton and then focus on the league.  They will probably be thinking the same thing so expect a 0-0 draw.[/quote]While the league is obviously more important, I think doing the unthinkable and winning a couple of cup matches would do us some good; it would certainly boost confidence and I can''t see it doing any harm, it would give us something to look forward to as well, if we could get to the fifth round or whatever, and would make a nice break from the misery of the league.But we''ll probably lose 1-0 or something and then forget about the FA Cup until November.

It will be another nail in Roeder''s coffin and won''t cost us valuable points in the league. I will be fed up for a couple of hours at losing but as long as it assist that tool in getting the boot then I''ll be delighted!

Exactly how I feel about Saturdays game!

While it''d be nice to win on Saturday the downside would be further papering over the cracks of this awful spell in our history that is the Roedernowhere era which the idiot himself would milk to the full!

Beat Charlton and then get a big named team in the next round and we get a bit of dough in the coffers.

But, we have not done well in the cup for years, so I predict a riot, sorry I mean defeat.