Sign in to follow this  
Largey

If we hadnt reached the Premiership in 03/04, would we now be in administration?

Sorry to bring a dampener to an already sour board atm, but is it a good possibility, given the current ''economic climate'' at our club and the country in general, that we would be facing administration now, had we not been given the money we received during and resulting from our season in the Premiership.

Obviously the board would have budgeted tighter, but surely it would have been a possibility?

Intersting question. I personally believe we would probably be better off and certainly no worse off than we are now. Most of the money gained in the Premiership year and parachute payments went atraight into the players pockets. The problem is we still pay too high wages in comaparison to most similar clubs.

Had we not got promotion I''m sure our wage bill would be no where near £8.5 million. I doubt however we would have 20,000 season ticket holders either so I guess we will never know the answer.

[quote user="jbghost"]

Intersting question. I personally believe we would probably be better off and certainly no worse off than we are now. Most of the money gained in the Premiership year and parachute payments went atraight into the players pockets. The problem is we still pay too high wages in comaparison to most similar clubs.

Had we not got promotion I''m sure our wage bill would be no where near £8.5 million. I doubt however we would have 20,000 season ticket holders either so I guess we will never know the answer.

[/quote]

As a percentage of income player wages have been much lower since relegation than before it.  The most spectacular rise is in non-football wages.

So do you think we would be in a financially better state now had we not gone up?! Do you therefore think this would have reflected into a better position in the league for us, as this time?