Sign in to follow this  
Paul Spector

Delia not to blame

Why oh why do people persist in blaming Delia for our predicament!!?

Delia is simply a passionate fan, like the rest of us, with a little bit of money to her name. She isn''t an Abramovich etc. and simply cannot afford to keep pumping money into the club, as she isn''t as wealthy as some people seem to think! She has done far more for this club than anybody on this message board has, I assure you.

I think most people would agree the time is right for her to move on, as she has probably taken the club as far as her she can - but in today''s current financial climate how many people are actually going to take Norwich on? NOBODY bar the parties involved know the ins and outs will Peter Cullum, so there is no point speculating on who is to blame there. Cullum is an astute businessman, so I doubt he was willing to throw silly money at a sinking ship - and why should Delia merely give the club away. If you had invested millions of pounds in something, would you? The reality is, that is just nonsensical.

Perhaps when Delia does move on, people will see that the grass is not always greener!

It''s for sure that without Delia and Michael''s day to day financial input into the club we would be in a horrible horrible state.We go into administration and it''s well and truly over. They''ve made mistakes sure enough, but now, in this economic climate, driving them out of the club will destroy us, at least without proper support to come in should they be made to leave.They care about this club so much, and despite their being a degree of naivety for them while in this current situation, their input is imperative to keeping this club running, with hope of improvement and progression.Things may be bad, but there is a long way to fall should things get worse.

[quote user="We Want Worthy Back"]Why oh why do people persist in blaming Delia for our predicament!!? Delia is simply a passionate fan, like the rest of us, with a little bit of money to her name. She isn''t an Abramovich etc. and simply cannot afford to keep pumping money into the club, as she isn''t as wealthy as some people seem to think! She has done far more for this club than anybody on this message board has, I assure you. I think most people would agree the time is right for her to move on, as she has probably taken the club as far as her she can - but in today''s current financial climate how many people are actually going to take Norwich on? NOBODY bar the parties involved know the ins and outs will Peter Cullum, so there is no point speculating on who is to blame there. Cullum is an astute businessman, so I doubt he was willing to throw silly money at a sinking ship - and why should Delia merely give the club away. If you had invested millions of pounds in something, would you? The reality is, that is just nonsensical. Perhaps when Delia does move on, people will see that the grass is not always greener![/quote]

Don''t you worrie your little head over her,she won''t go short she stands to make a very large proffit from the sale of the club, and the catering side will be sold seperatley as well fixtures and fittings not to mention good will payments 

I agree. Delia doesn''t want the club to be in this state, it''s jsut that these days a celebrity fan doesn''t have the money or buisness acumen to make a football club successful.

And what about her 12 years of service to the club Pete that she has never been payed for, how about when Delia gave up her cooking program to concentrate on Norwich City, that would have cost her a few million in lost wages, some people need to start showing some respect for what Delia and Michael have done for this club, without them we wouldn''t even have a club.

[quote user="ellis206"]And what about her 12 years of service to the club Pete that she has never been payed for, how about when Delia gave up her cooking program to concentrate on Norwich City, that would have cost her a few million in lost wages, some people need to start showing some respect for what Delia and Michael have done for this club, without them we wouldn''t even have a club.
[/quote]

B*llocks

i agree with all your pointsi know delia has overstayed her welcome but pulling out isnt easy in the current financial climate.Cullum wants the club on the cheap (basically wants all the shares for 4m)and delia wants to ensure the club has a secure future (and her own money back which is fair enough)dont forget delia could of sold. to Di Stefano, but she didnt because she cares for the club.im not saying she should stay, but im pleased she hasnt sold us to a tyrant and is keeping the club financially stable whilst we ride the poor times.criricise if you will but im betting you wouldnt do any better at the minute.

[quote user="CT "]

12 million in 12 years = 1 million a year! She''s laughing at us, when she leaves she''ll make a big profit anyway

[/quote]Yeah £12 milion from someone who isn''t worth much more than £20 million.......... yeah she''s having a right laugh at us you idiot!

FFS.

"Cullum wants the club on the cheap..."

It ain''t worth anything pal. The sooner the idiots that think it is realise that the sooner we can start to move on.

Look at the top of our table: Wolves. How much were they sold for? £1.

If the old dear thought she was going to get her money back one day than a) she''s stupid and b) she ain''t as big a fan as she''s made out to be

every club has assetsswe have them, just not on the pitch and anyone could come in and asset strip. delia isnt doing that.also, whats to say, that cullum wouldnt do the same as delia?keep the club stable financially then want to sell up and get his money back.business people think in money, regardless of emotional connection.he has money, thats appealing but there is more to it than that.

No one doubts she is a fan, but perhaps to be kind to her, she has been sadly mislead and misguided by her financial employees, one of whom has risen to the dizzy heights of CE during her time as majority shareholder.

We had the chance to establish ourselves in the Premiership (long before any credit crunch). What happened, they bought land instead of players. Budgeted for relegation. Worthy might have been out of his depth, but he wasn''t helped by the Board who didn''t dip into the coffers when they had the best of chances, or invite other investment while we were a much brighter prospect.

No, it''s not all Delia''s fault. It''s not all anyone''s fault, but what she must do now is take a realistic price for her shares, once this broker chap has found a buyer.

I know this has been done to death (Mr Carrow or Canary Nut are needed) but just how much has she actually invested in the club? And how much will she take out. Probably depends on what division we are in when she does either depart or hand over control to someone else.

[quote user="ellis206"]And what about her 12 years of service to the club Pete that she has never been payed for, how about when Delia gave up her cooking program to concentrate on Norwich City, that would have cost her a few million in lost wages, some people need to start showing some respect for what Delia and Michael have done for this club, without them we wouldn''t even have a club.
[/quote]

what about the 12 year painfull hard slog of going to watch a side thats going nowhere with the in charge, forget our season in the prem, because apare from 02 03  03 04 seasons we have done nothing apart from fight to survive. That might make you happy but not most of us, I keep my season ticket with the Strong beliefe that we will get better, and I want to be there when we are, Nothing to do with being a fan of Delia and Co, this club belongs to us the fans. Don''t call Her a fan, its just a front to her profit making Cafe Empire  

We have assets, we also have a £20m debt, a disliked manager and just about the worst squad in the division. Oh, and we are losing £10,000 a day.

What''s to say Cullum won''t do the same as Delia? Who knows, my position now is that he couldn''t do any worse. A monkey could not do any worse.

Cullum was out Get out of Jail card and we blew it.

Its not about her money (which hasnt benefited the team at all I may add) its about her stigma, her presence, her sheer conection with the name Norwich City. She has turned our club into a laughing stock that no other club fears. The pissed cook is the first thing people think of when they hear the words Norwich City. Would you fear something deemed a laughing stock? No you wouldnt.

[/quote]

Oh right so the free club hospitality when travelling to away grounds counts as nothing then?  Or maybe the whole board have to pay for the boxes they use at away grounds, not to mention food and drinks consumed by them and the hangers on? 

I had great respect for her a few years back, in fact the whole board.

No one made her give up her cooking programme, it was a decision she made on her own, because she''s a big girl.

Respect IMHO is earned, and respect doesn''t get earned by drunken rants on the pitch, telling porkie pies about lovely new investment, or going onto radio programmes saying she would sell the club for next to nothing (can''t remember correct amount off top of head) to the right person. 

I have been grateful, 12 years of being grateful, and I''m sick being forever thankful to her and the board because they have invested £12million in 12 years or there abouts. 

They themselves realise they are just keeping the club afloat, she said that she''s even had to go back to work, well welcome to the real world Delia, where when you reach a certain age you do still have to work to earn a crust, my dad was 68 when he retired, my nan worked the land until she was in her early 80''s. 

Exactly ''thecanaryfan'' [Y]

When we got promoted one of the first things she said was ''we''ll try and have a good time'', when we played Chavski in the cup a few years back her stance was ''little old norwich will try their best''.

We need change NOW!

[quote user="We Want Worthy Back"]Why oh why do people persist in blaming Delia for our predicament!!? Delia is simply a passionate fan, like the rest of us, with a little bit of money to her name. She isn''t an Abramovich etc. and simply cannot afford to keep pumping money into the club, as she isn''t as wealthy as some people seem to think! She has done far more for this club than anybody on this message board has, I assure you. I think most people would agree the time is right for her to move on, as she has probably taken the club as far as her she can - but in today''s current financial climate how many people are actually going to take Norwich on? NOBODY bar the parties involved know the ins and outs will Peter Cullum, so there is no point speculating on who is to blame there. Cullum is an astute businessman, so I doubt he was willing to throw silly money at a sinking ship - and why should Delia merely give the club away. If you had invested millions of pounds in something, would you? The reality is, that is just nonsensical. Perhaps when Delia does move on, people will see that the grass is not always greener![/quote]

Bull sh1te!. It is well and truly her fault and the blame lies solely at the feet of Smith & Jones etc. Lack of investment has virtually paralysed this club and without Chase''s aquisition of land around the ground her battleship would have well and truly been sunk!

Cullum is the man to take this club forward and she knows that for sure but his holding out for her golden meal ticket, but it ain''t gonna happen because Cullum is cleverer than that!. Lets face it the club ain''t worth nowt and the sooner our top dog realises that and does one perhaps we can start rebuilding the mess she has left behind!. Did she not say that she would give the club away or was that another sherry moment????

Saviour my arse!

Ps:  people keep slagging roeder/grant/worthy etc but who is the fool that keeps employing them?!, just  another one of her many errors which certainly makes her not suitable to run Norwich City Football Club!

She''s invested half of her entire wealth in our football club! She has done everything in her power to make us the best we can be.

HONESTLY, how many people on here can say they would invest half of their fortune and put their career on hold for Norwich City? The simple fact is, we would all like to, but none of us could afford to. She has done as much as she can.

Why should Cullum be able to get the club on the cheap? It is only fair she receives back what she has put in - put yourself in her position before you speak!

It may be time for change, but by no means is it her fault we are where we are.

[quote user="We Want Worthy Back"]She''s invested half of her entire wealth in our football club! She has done everything in her power to make us the best we can be. HONESTLY, how many people on here can say they would invest half of their fortune and put their career on hold for Norwich City? The simple fact is, we would all like to, but none of us could afford to. She has done as much as she can. Why should Cullum be able to get the club on the cheap? It is only fair she receives back what she has put in - put yourself in her position before you speak! It may be time for change, but by no means is it her fault we are where we are.[/quote]

Her choice to put her money in and well done for that, sincerely!. But her trying to make the club the best she possibly can she has FAILED!

Why should Cullum be able to get the club on the cheap because it is worth nothing thats why!, who else is interested??? Precisely......

I see you chose to ignore her quote "that she would sell the club for a tenner", why do people that shout about how great she is always ignore that one i wonder?!?!?

Roeder out? who do you think hired him? Who sent Cullum packing despite knowing what a mes we were in? Who sold millions of pounds worth of footballers and replaced them with restaurants, pubs, hotels? SMITH OUT NOW.

[quote user="We Want Worthy Back"]She''s invested half of her entire wealth in our football club! She has done everything in her power to make us the best we can be. HONESTLY, how many people on here can say they would invest half of their fortune and put their career on hold for Norwich City? The simple fact is, we would all like to, but none of us could afford to. She has done as much as she can. Why should Cullum be able to get the club on the cheap? It is only fair she receives back what she has put in - put yourself in her position before you speak! It may be time for change, but by no means is it her fault we are where we are.[/quote]

Pick an expensive hobby and you gotta pay for it, simple really.

Cullum will get the club on the cheap because he''s an astute business man, Delia will walk away with what she put in and a little more one would expect, so she wouldn''t stand to lose out.  The longer they hold out the worse things will get.  If I were the board I''d be hammering on PC''s door and begging for help.

The trouble is they have had over a year of seeking investment and despite what she spouted off at the RNS there was no lovely fresh investment.  If they were that desperate for fresh investment then the whole board should have got PC and Jade Goodies uncle (or whoever the other guy interested was) round a table and thrashed out some deals.

Agreed that she has done as much as she can, in fact the whole board, but the buck stops with them like it or not.  They employed the managers, who in turn loaned/bought players with a budget the board set for him.

[quote user="We Want Worthy Back"]She''s invested half of her entire wealth in our football club! She has done everything in her power to make us the best we can be.

HONESTLY, how many people on here can say they would invest half of their fortune and put their career on hold for Norwich City? The simple fact is, we would all like to, but none of us could afford to. She has done as much as she can.

Why should Cullum be able to get the club on the cheap? It is only fair she receives back what she has put in - put yourself in her position before you speak!

It may be time for change, but by no means is it her fault we are where we are.[/quote]I have been and am grateful for what she has done (although do not subscribe to the we wouldn''t have a club line as someone else would have come along) but do feel let down by the whole Cullum thing. I just can''t help but feel that was our big chance and from all I can glean of the whole episode he was told to sling his hook without any face to face meetings ever taking place. I do not expect her to give the club away for nothing (although she did say she would once in a foolish moment which does not help her cause) but by the same token I do not expect them to stonewall an approach from a seriously wealthy individual and demand unrealistic money for their shareholding (which has been acquired for a lot less than £30 a share.) I guess my big concern therefore is whether investment is being sought as actively as it could be (or perhaps that the investment being sought is the type you and I would hope for - i.e. investment that could make a real difference rather than a couple of million to tide us over) whilst all the while the club is going down the toilet. In addition in the back of my mind with what has happened with the economy I can''t help but think its already too late and our chance has gone.

[/quote]

Watling and his team saved the club 6 months before Delia invested in november the same year. how exactly did she save the club 6 months after Watling, Please explain.

[quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="We Want Worthy Back"]She''s invested half of her entire wealth in our football club! She has done everything in her power to make us the best we can be. HONESTLY, how many people on here can say they would invest half of their fortune and put their career on hold for Norwich City? The simple fact is, we would all like to, but none of us could afford to. She has done as much as she can. Why should Cullum be able to get the club on the cheap? It is only fair she receives back what she has put in - put yourself in her position before you speak! It may be time for change, but by no means is it her fault we are where we are.[/quote]

I have been and am grateful for what she has done (although do not subscribe to the we wouldn''t have a club line as someone else would have come along) but do feel let down by the whole Cullum thing. I just can''t help but feel that was our big chance and from all I can glean of the whole episode he was told to sling his hook without any face to face meetings ever taking place. I do not expect her to give the club away for nothing (although she did say she would once in a foolish moment which does not help her cause) but by the same token I do not expect them to stonewall an approach from a seriously wealthy individual and demand unrealistic money for their shareholding (which has been acquired for a lot less than £30 a share.) I guess my big concern therefore is whether investment is being sought as actively as it could be (or perhaps that the investment being sought is the type you and I would hope for - i.e. investment that could make a real difference rather than a couple of million to tide us over) whilst all the while the club is going down the toilet. In addition in the back of my mind with what has happened with the economy I can''t help but think its already too late and our chance has gone.
[/quote]

Agree with you.

Would love to get in the boards heads and find out what really did go on with PC, and why they didn''t sweet talk him.

[quote user="We Want Worthy Back"]It is only fair she receives back what she has put in.[/quote]

Why is that fair? She has turned the club into a laughing stock. Her control of the clubs finances have been awful: the squad has been sinfully neglected over the last three years. She tarnished the club with her embarrasing half time rant: True, anyone can make a mistake, especially after a few beverages, but that was an absolute corker! It was headline news across the bloody country! Who should we blame for that? The fans? I dont think so mate.

But its not like it was a one off, every TV appearence, every radio interview, everytime Delia discusses Norwich City Football Club she seems ''spaced out'', deluded, drunk almost, all her remarks are a joke. She chose to be the figurehead of our club when it was way beyond her capabilities, she is what people associate with our club, she knew this and should have only excepted the role if she believe she had the capacity to do the job, she clearly doesnt. She should have never ventured into the world of football. For her not to pay a financial price for her pissed and poorly thoughtout antics would be an injustice. She should take a cut price for the club and bow out gracefully because the longer she remains the deeper into the shit we will descend.

[quote user="thecanaryfan"]

[quote user="We Want Worthy Back"]It is only fair she receives back what she has put in.[/quote]

Why is that fair? She has turned the club into a laughing stock. Her control of the clubs finances have been awful: the squad has been sinfully neglected over the last three years. She tarnished the club with her embarrasing half time rant: True, anyone can make a mistake, especially after a few beverages, but that was an absolute corker! It was headline news across the bloody country! Who should we blame for that? The fans? I dont think so mate.

But its not like it was a one off, every TV appearence, every radio interview, everytime Delia discusses Norwich City Football Club she seems ''spaced out'', deluded, drunk almost, all her remarks are a joke. She chose to be the figurehead of our club when it was way beyond her capabilities, she is what people associate with our club, she knew this and should have only excepted the role if she believe she had the capacity to do the job, she clearly doesnt. She should have never ventured into the world of football. For her not to pay a financial price for her pissed and poorly thoughtout antics would be an injustice. She should take a cut price for the club and bow out gracefully because the longer she remains the deeper into the shit we will descend.

[/quote]

Good post Canary fan!

canary fan. In four lines, you have summed up the whole situation. Well done mate.

the idiots who knock your reply, need to step back and think (and see) what has happened to the once great club that is (was) Norwich City Football Club).

the bl**dy kitchens, restaurant etc have only added to her personna- cheap advertising on her part may I say.

[quote user="Arturo Whittlupoli"]

[/quote]

Watling and his team saved the club 6 months before Delia invested in november the same year. how exactly did she save the club 6 months after Watling, Please explain.

[/quote]

But these board supporters are very selective with their facts hey Arturo!, I wonder where they learnt that from?!?!

Well done though for reminding Ellis of the facts though......

[quote user="Gazza"][quote user="Arturo Whittlupoli"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

But these board supporters are very selective with their facts hey Arturo!, I wonder where they learnt that from?!?!

Well done though for reminding Ellis of the facts though......

[/quote]

And we get accused of not getting our facts straight???? Jesus!!!!