Sign in to follow this  
Beaker

Strihavka would get us out of this mess

He never had a chance.

Roeder only gave him the one game, vs Plymouth, in that landmark match which made Roeder decide that our entire squad was sh*t and decided to fill it with loanees instead. We were all for it at the time...little did we know it''d carry on into this season too.

Roeder decided to get rid of a player that we had brought for around 750K just months before due to one gamesz performance ... and then we wonder why we''re not in the greatest financial position.

Never looked likely to make it. He gave up far too easily.

And how long do you give someone to settle in? We needed someone ready to play in this league. Bad signing.

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]

He never had a chance.

Roeder only gave him the one game, vs Plymouth, in that landmark match which made Roeder decide that our entire squad was sh*t and decided to fill it with loanees instead. We were all for it at the time...little did we know it''d carry on into this season too.

[/quote]

I wasn''t Alex... said Roeder was pants all along and that he was simply riding high on a very lucky extended honeymoon period.

I said lets wait and see what he does when Delia gives him no money to spend in the summer (just as she had done Grant and Worthy before him).

Of course I took the usual flack on here from those who are so short sighted they need a guide dog rather than their NCFC green & yella blinkers... but hey ho... some even call for Roeders head and want a new manger in to save the day (despite the fact we are totally skint)... [H]

Also, isn''t it possible that Big Dave wanted to leave because he felt home sick?

Oh I agree with Beaker by the way... Strivahka was utter plop... I said so when we signed him and nobody would listen to me then either!!!

[quote user="GJP"]Also, isn''t it possible that Big Dave wanted to leave because he felt home sick?[/quote]

That is very true, he did seem quite lost at times, but we will never know if he would have done the business for us if he had of been given some time. Not that we had much.

But moving on from Dave, why wasn''t Chris Brown given a fair go? Was he not also a casualty of the Plymouth game? ONE game under Roeder and that was his lot.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="alex_ncfc"]

He never had a chance.

[/quote]

I wasn''t Alex... said Roeder was pants all along and that he was simply riding high on a very lucky extended honeymoon period.

I said lets wait and see what he does when Delia gives him no money to spend in the summer (just as she had done Grant and Worthy before him).

Of course I took the usual flack on here from those who are so short sighted they need a guide dog rather than their NCFC green & yella blinkers... but hey ho... some even call for Roeders head and want a new manger in to save the day (despite the fact we are totally skint)... [H]

[/quote]

I have to say I wasn''t for the appointment of Roeder, but I was impressed in the early stages with the changes he made, such as noticing the squad was ''poor'' and doing something about it - but I had no idea his ability to get new players in only went as far as kiddy loans. Ever since then it has all been downhill for him, whatever anyone says, he is a sh*t manager. Contacts? Contacts my arse.

[quote user="GJP"]

Never looked likely to make it. He gave up far too easily.

And how long do you give someone to settle in? We needed someone ready to play in this league. Bad signing.

[/quote]I don''t know about the giving up too easily.If I remember (and it''s a little difficult recalling such a small sample) he was a bloody hard fighter in the home game where he played against the scum. I was quite disappointed to see him go :(

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]

[quote user="GJP"]Also, isn''t it possible that Big Dave wanted to leave because he felt home sick?[/quote]

That is very true, he did seem quite lost at times, but we will never know if he would have done the business for us if he had of been given some time. Not that we had much.

But moving on from Dave, why wasn''t Chris Brown given a fair go? Was he not also a casualty of the Plymouth game? ONE game under Roeder and that was his lot.

[/quote]

Getting rid of Chris Brown was a mistake and a completely different kettle of fish to Dave S. The only justification for selling Brown would have been signing a good player (eg Tiny Taylor or another striker) but we didn''t which made his sale foolish.

He was a decent player who worked bloody hard for Norwich City. Unfairly treated, no doubt about it.

I always tried to stick up for Chris Brown but it was amazing how many people were labelling him "the worst player we''ve ever had" etc etc. I suppose he''s better off out of it.

[quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]Roeder decided to get rid of a player that we had brought for around 750K just months before due to one gamesz performance ... and then we wonder why we''re not in the greatest financial position.[/quote] Strihavkas One year contract cost us £240K including wages. Had we kept him any longer it would have cost us a further £1.1m LinkStill think Roeder was wrong?

[quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]Roeder decided to get rid of a player that we had brought for around 750K just months before due to one gamesz performance ... and then we wonder why we''re not in the greatest financial position.[/quote]actually it was 250k loan turning into a 1m move if we kept him...its why we got rid.

[quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]Roeder decided to get rid of a player that we had brought for around 750K just months before due to one gamesz performance ... and then we wonder why we''re not in the greatest financial position.[/quote]He didnt cost us 750k, the board admitted that he only cost us 220k when he left.

The main point you''re all missing in this thread is that Roeder got rid of two target-men and never replaced them.Unless you count the late & pretty hopeless arrivals of both Sibierski (who is a decent midfielder) & Cort.

He would have cost £1.1m to keep on another season.

Julain Brellier, anyone? Juan Velasco? Thomas Helveg ;)?

[quote user="missing in action"][quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]Roeder decided to get rid of a player that we had brought for around 750K just months before due to one gamesz performance ... and then we wonder why we''re not in the greatest financial position.[/quote]
actually it was 250k loan turning into a 1m move if we kept him...
its why we got rid.
[/quote]

Really? I''ve not heard that one before ... but fair enough 3 of you seem to have so my mistake.

[quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]

[quote user="missing in action"][quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]Roeder decided to get rid of a player that we had brought for around 750K just months before due to one gamesz performance ... and then we wonder why we''re not in the greatest financial position.[/quote]actually it was 250k loan turning into a 1m move if we kept him...its why we got rid. [/quote]

Really? I''ve not heard that one before ... but fair enough 3 of you seem to have so my mistake.

[/quote]Here was the story...[url=http://www.canaries.co.uk/page/NewsDetails/0,,10355~1211358,00.html]http://www.canaries.co.uk/page/NewsDetails/0,,10355~1211358,00.html[/url]