Sign in to follow this  
DumbleDelia is Magic

Where will Jonsson play?

I would have thought that being given the number 9 shirt, Matty would have played as a target man and fight for a place with Sven. However, all the official talk coming out of Carrow Road suggests he will play on the wing?

Of course if the player who signs on today (Friday) is Scowcroft my question will have been answered!

Where would you like to see Jonssson?

I hope he''ll play on the right wing, as part of a 4-2-3-1 formation (I know ZippersLeftFoot agrees with me on this one!)

---------------GREEN----------------

HELVEG--FLEMING--CHARLTON--DRURY

---------FRANCIS---HOLT------------

--JONSON-----BENTLEY-----HUCKERBY

--------------SVENSSON-------------

The three behind Svensson could almost be completely interchangeable, and would give us great options going forward, whilst dropping back to provide a 5 man midfield when defending. With Holt (or maybe Saffri) alongside Francis as the ball-winners, this formation would be great. If it''s good enough for Real Madrid and Portugal, it''s good enough for us? Hey ZLF?!

I like it, I like it alot. I also think Francis will be really good for us this season, hes looking stronger than ever. I think the pace of both Huckerby Bentley AND Johnson providing both strike force and delivery from either side weve got a great line up.

I wonder if Holt and Safri will be interchangable, Id probably favour Holt to start early on to be later subbed and eventually be preferred by Safri.

Our defence is also looking pretty solid, someone like Charlton who is understated with the mighty Flem and of course Helveg is going to be good (not forgetting Drury of course).

I like the idea of the flexibility when defending and together with the odd run from messrs Hucks et al, we should be confident of proving the critics wrong this season!

Come on you yellows!

In the Swedish press he''s said that he has been signed to play on the right of a four man midfield, so I guess this means that Worthy is still after a striker, a centre half and the third keeper.

I personally don''t think that Holt will be any more than a back up this year. Hope he proves me wrong. I think that Safri and Francis will be a solid centre midfield partnership.

What worries me is that Svensson is injury prone and not a targetman (we need that outlet when under pressure, not the long ball target man) and that the centre of defence is too slow. Most of all we need another centre half fast & tall.

That line-up does look good MG7, but can you really see Worthy ditching the 442?

On Kent Canarys'' point, the space behind Hucks & Jonson wouldn''t matter so much at home as Drury & Helveg push up in to it. Away it would be a riskier proposition, depending on the opposition. Thinking of the likes of Everton, Palace & WBA - it could work. Well, we''ve got to try something different at Hell-hurst, bogey ground that it is.

The discussion about Holt vs Safri does make me smile - we have options. Can see NW sticking with Holt until such a time that he misses a game and then its up to Safri to show what he can do.

I still think for some of the tougher away games this season, Worthy might opt for this line-up

Green
Edworthy Fleming Charlton Drury
Helveg Holt Francis Brennan
McKenzie Huckerby

You can replace some of the names like Holt/Francis with Safri/Mulryne, Charlton/Felming with Mackay, McKenzie/Huckerby with Jonson/Svensson/Bentley, but this will make us a very tight defensive unit that can attack at pace on the counter.

A different story at home, undoubtedly, but at places like Stamford Bridge, Sid James'' Park, Anfield, Old Trafford, Highbury etc, it could just work. Otherwise, this would be the option I would expect from Worthy;

Green
Helveg Fleming Charlton Drury
Jonson Holt Francis Bentley
Svensson Huckerby

Just can''t see him ditching 4-4-2 in a hurry!

MG7 - like the look of your team, wonder however if Malky won´t get a chance to prove himself, we do lack a bit of height at the back. as for Gary Holt, he will definitely be in from the start. Still concerned about no backup for Sven, all the other strikers are a bit lightweight, unfortunately Abbey has had too much time out and was merely given the 3 months to put himself in the shop window.

Think the more likely team is:

Green
Helveg,Fleming,Charlton,Drury
Jonson,Safri,Francis,Bentley
Svensson,Huckerby

Although hopefully still may be a striker and centreback to come. Has a nice look about it!

This is some parts from the swedish newspaper "aftonbladet" about the Jonsson:

It says that he cost 18m swedish crowns (£1,34m)
Its a dream to play in the Premier League, he thinks it´s the best league in the world along with the spanish.
He is brought to the club as a winger at either right or left side, but he says he feels comfortable as a striker too.
According to danish newspapers, he was the highest paid player in denmark, but also admits that he is getting a large payraise when he signed for Norwich.
He choose norwich because it felt right, and he has always wanted to play in england.

The report also says that he will debut against Mallorca tomorrow, but that has already been denied by Worthington.

My personal view on Mattias Jonsson is that he is a great player, who works 110% every game. He is very usefull both in the offense and in the defense. He has a lot of pace, and i think he will fit right in here in Norwich.

Here is the link to the story if there is anyone else who speaks swedish, enjoy!

http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/sport/story/0,2789,514479,00.html

//Calle

A cracking looking lineup MG7. It may look attacking but if we are under the cosh, it is easy to convert to a 4/5/1 or 4/4/1/1, with either bentley or huckerby playing an advanced role, with the other playing left mid

Stockholm Canary: I will!!

And I also saw the fixturelist on all the games on canal + and we can watch at least the first 5 norwich games live there. I think i´ll have to have a beer now to celebrate this! Would probably have had one anyway due to the cityparty [cityfesten]

Next saturday couldn´t be any better now, a few beers, watching norwich vs palace, bet a few crowns on [stryktipset] and the best part: [pling i rutan]

Sorry for the swedish words! :)

The number of times last year that our back 4 played deep and I thought - if that was Henry or Owen we would be skinned alive. MG your line up looks superb on paper but execution may be another matter. I think the back four will have to push up so there isn''t so much space between them and the midfield - they will have to play the offside well though.

So you''re in Gothenburg? (Göteborgskalaset). If I understood right check out Grand National who''re playing live there this evening. Very good band, kinda live dance music for wont of a better description (I work for a company that books live bands all over Scandinavia).

Best part of the Canal + thing for me is that as it''s the second game the commentary should be in english, he he. In five years of trying I''ve still not got more than 9 right on strytipset. Two friends of mine have been over and both won, the only times they have played.

I think with 2 Swedes in the team there is a very good chance of our Saturday games being on live most weeks.

No, I live 180 km north from you...Gävle that is! The best band to play here was probably Snook who played yesterday.

I can´t belive it´s so hard to get 13 on stryktipset, it looks so easy before, everytime! ;-)

I think the english comentator that use to comment on the second gamen on canal + is quite boring! :P And there is nothing wrong with the guys they normally have, i think.

Let´s just hope that we can see a little bit more of norwich this year then the previous ones. Can´t wait now for the season to get underway!

Funny, my boss is from Gävle. Didn''t know they had a city fest this weekend. We''ve got a few bands on their way up there this autumn.

The main thing for me is not having to put up with Martin Dahlin''s ill informed rubbish on TV4 anymore, or Pontus KÃ¥mark pointing our how poor D1 is (still nor will anyone else since D1 is on Viasat Sport 2 this year, which no can get...). And besides it''s easier on the brain listening to english rather than swedish ;-)

ONE SLIGHT CHANGE...

---------------GREEN----------------

HELVEG--FLEMING--CHARLTON--DRURY

---------FRANCIS---SAFRI------------

--JONSON-----BENTLEY-----HUCKERBY

--------------SVENSSON-------------

I am an Englishman who has lived in Halmstad for 9 yrs - great news that the first 5 matches are going to be on the box. What a difference from those days when I lived in Cyprus many moons ago, trying to hear the results on Saturday on the World service!

MG7 I like the formation and I think the players in it are the best the we have at the club, but I would swap Bentley and Huckerby. Bentley is more of a winger than Huckerby. This formation allows us to play our best players and if necessesary you could chnage this formation to 4-4-2 when defending, with Bentley on the left Jonson on the right and Hucks going up fromnt along side Sven.